September 28 & 29, 2013:
Round 24 of the premier division "Effodeildin":

September 28

KÍ Klaksvík - EB/Streymur 3-3 (1-0)
1-0 Páll Klettskarð
2-0 Páll Klettskarð
2-1 Niels Pauli Danielsen
3-1 Heðin Klakstein
3-2 Leif Niclasen
3-3 Egil á Bø

KÍ may be bitterly disappointed for heaving thrown yet another lead overboard, but when they examine the table closely, they’ll see that TB Tvøroyri will still have to get at least a win and a draw to overtake them and avoid relegation, and with two away-games in Tórshavn against HB and B36, and home-games against AB Argir and Víkingur, TB are up against it.

KÍ made the best possible start to the match as Páll Klettskarð gave them the lead in the second minute of the match as he took full advantage of a careless a back-pass to the goalkeeper.

Klettskarð copied that feat in the second half when he doubled KÍ’s lead after just two minutes from the restart when he headed in following a corner.

However, this time the joy was more short-lived as Niels Pauli Danielsen pulled a goal back within two minutes.

But KÍ restored their two-goal cushion just before the hour-mark through Heðin Klakstein; helping his desperate-for-points father – KÍ’s coach Eyðun Klakstein.

EB/Streymur then got back in the match when Leif Niclasen was played clear to draw level with Klettskarð on the top of the top scorer list with 17 goals each, and to set up a nervy last ten minutes of the game.

Those nerves intensified five minutes later when Henry Heinesen was sent off for a second bookable offence, and the nerves transformed into agony when 39 year-old – officially retired – Egil á Bø in added time was at the end of Gert Hansen’s cross to slot home the equalizer.

September 29

HB Tórshavn - 07 Vestur 6-0 (1-0)
1-0 Heini Vatnsdal
2-0 Heini Vatnsdal
3-0 Fróði Benjaminsen (pen)
4-0 Kristin R. Mouritsen
5-0 Hilmar Leon Jakobsen
6-0 Bárður J. Heinesen

Goals change football matches, the saying goes, and in the end 07 Vestur can’t have many complaints about the result, but after the first quarter of an hour it was 07 Vestur who had been closest to scoring; first hitting the post from a corner and later Tór-Ingar Akselsen squandered a golden opportunity when he went clear on goal, but his lacklustre finish was straight on Teitur Gestsson who should still get credit for the save.

But it was HB who was in the driving seat and chances were created periodically, but Hungarian goalkeeper Andras Gango produced some excellent saves to keep HB at bay.  – Until four minutes remained of the first half when 07 Vestur carelessly gave away the ball to Christian R. Mouritsen who with a great pass played Heini Vatnsdal clear to finish low in the far corner.

If the table-toppers had struggled to overcome the soon-to-be-relegated 07 Vestur in the first half, HB made short shrift in the second half, scoring twice in the first five minutes.

Within two minutes of the restart Heini Vatnsdal scored his second goal of the match from an acute angle after a brilliant pass from left back Alex dos Santos before Fróði Benjaminsen made it 3-0 from the penalty spot after Kristin R. Mouritsen had been brought down near the by-line.

The rest of the match was just a question of how big HB’s victory should be.

Kristin R. Mouritsen made it 4-0 after 70 minutes as he broke into the penalty area and had his deflected shot sneak through the goalkeepers legs.

Five minutes from the end, 16-year old Hilmar Leon Jacobsen scored in his debut for HB just eight minutes after coming off the bench, heading in from close range from Tróndur Jensen cross.

The minute after, the other substitute, Bárður J. Heinsen, sealed the victory as he headed home from another great pass from Christian R. Mouritsen – his 19th assist of the season – to make it 6-0.

As 2nd placed ÍF Fuglafjørður were beaten by Víkingur, HB go eight points clear at the top of the table and will secure the title next Sunday against ÍF, if ÍF fail to win.

NSÍ Runavík - B36 Tórshavn 4-0 (1-0)
1-0 Magnus Olsen
2-0 Andy Olsen
3-0 Jann Martin Mortensen
4-0 Jónhard Frederiksberg

Róaldur Jacobsen’s straight red card after only 17 minutes for saying something to the referee he probably shouldn’t have said, took its toll on the match as 10-men B36 had little to offer.

NSÍ needed only 10 minutes with a man in advantage to open the scoring when Magnus Olsen scored from the distance following a short corner.

Andy Olsen then doubled the lead around the hour-mark before Jann Martin Mortensen scored a somewhat bizarre goal to make it 3-0. Mortensen had been limping and getting ready to get treatment at the sideline, but suddenly the ball was played to him so that he just had to limp towards goal, and whether the B36 defence pitied him or not shall be unsaid, but he was allowed to limp al the way into the penalty area before he struck the ball into the back of the net.

Súni Olsen hit the crossbar for B36 from a free kick five minutes from the end, but instead it was NSÍ who increased to 4-0 in added time through Jónhard Frederiksberg.

Víkingur - ÍF Fuglafjørður 2-1 (0-1)
0-1 Dánjal á Lakjuni
1-1 Bárður Hansen
2-1 Finnur Justinussen

ÍF Fuglafjørður played the title into the hands of HB Tórshavn after conceding twice in the second half after having led at half-time.

ÍF made a perfect start to the match as Dánjal á Lakjuni tucked away the rebound off the post after Clayton Soares’ initial effort.

ÍF’s lead lasted until twenty minutes were remaining when Bárður Hansen came storming in to score at the far post after a cross from the right.

Víkingur had very much dominated the second half, and Finnur Justinussen wasted several opportunities before he finally made one count after 80 minutes when he converted a cross from the left to make it 2-1 to the home team.

ÍF were reduced to 10 men five minutes from time which made a late comeback impossible as Bartal Eliasen was dismissed, but ÍF deputy goalkeeper Hallgrím Hansen made a fantastic save to deny Hanus Jacobsenfrom the penalty spot.

ÍF take on HB Tórshavn where ÍF will want to do everything to at leas postpone the title-decision another round which isn’t before 20 October as the national play against Kazakhstan and Austria in-between.  For that to happen, ÍF will have to win. Otherwise HB are champions (because of a superior goal difference)!

TB Tvøroyri - AB Argir 2-0 (1-0)
1-0 Ragnar Tausen
2-0 Ragnar Tausen

TB are still breathing after a hard-fought victory over AB Argir which takes TB level on points with KÍ Klaksvík who lead on a superior goal difference.

TB’s next to matches are away against HB and B36 before they take on Víkingur in the final round where it not will be impossible to get a win. At the same time KÍ have a home match against 07 Vestur which could be the rescue for KÍ.  Before that KÍ visit AB (next Saturday – TB play on Sunday) and then visit Víkingur in the penultimate round.

At the moment, nothing is decided.

TB took the lead around the half-hour on a counter attack lead by the Britt Nicky Deverdics who made the cross to Ndende who headed into Ragnar Tausen’s path to fire past Símun Rógvi Hansen in the AB goal.

AB was the better team in the second half and went close through Rói Danielsen who headed on the crossbar from a corner.

TB were panicking under the pressure, and although AB had Beinir Ellefsen sent off,  AB got penalty after 70 minutes as Ahmed Keita had been brought down. – However, Ivan Stojkovic made an incredible save from Dion Splidt to keep TB on winning course,

So much was the pressure on TB coach Páll Guðlaugsson that also he was dismissed.

But his heart-rate dropped considerably when Ragnar Tausen after 80 minutes made it 2-0 to secure TB the critical three points.

Faroe Islands Football | Fixtures/Results | Table | Top Scorers