September 15, 2013:
Round 22 of the premier division "Effodeildin":

September 15

EB/Streymur - ÍF Fuglafjørður 5-0 (2-0)
1-0 Rógvi Egilstoft Nielsen

2-0 Gunnar Zachariasen
3-0 Leif Niclasen
4-0 Gunnar Zachariasen
5-0 Levi Hanssen

EB/Streymur put a dent in ÍF’s title hopes which could all but end should HB Tórshavn beat AB Argir in the postponed mach which would see HB go eight points clear again with only five matches to go.

ÍF had wasted a sitter before EB/Streymur took a 2-0 lead with goals from  Rógvi Egilstoft Nielsen with a thundering long range shot in the 32nd minute and from Gunnar Zachariasen who six minutes later chipped the ball over the advancing goalkeeper after a well worked EB/Streymur move.

ÍF were close to pulling a goal back shortly before half-time, but René Tórgarð made a super save from Brazilian Clayton Soares’ header.

Squandering two sitters in the first half proved costly when EB/Streymur made it 3-0 just five minutes after the break with a header from a clear Leif Niclasen who scored his 15th league goal of the season – the same tally as Páll Klettskarð whome he shares the top scorer honour with.

Just a minute later, EB/Streymur made it 4-0 when Zachariasen took advantage of a mix-up  between goalkeeper and a defender to get clear.

Tórgarð then made yet another super-save, as he denied Jan Ellingsgaard, before Levi Hanssen finished the rout by making it 5-0 after he was played clear after a "show-room" EB/Streymur move with a quarter of an hour remaining.

NSÍ Runavík - KÍ Klaksvík 4-3 (1-3)
1-0 Klæmint Olsen
1-1 Hjalgrím Elttør
1-2 Páll Klettskarð
1-3 Ísak Simonsen
2-3 Klæmint Olsen
3-3 Klæmint Olsen
4-3 Klæmint Olsen

As TB Tvøroyri were leading against 07 Vestur, KÍ would drop below the relegation line if they were defeated by NSÍ, but it was looking good for KÍ as they were leading 3-1 at half time. However, the second half was a long NSÍ- attack where striker Klæmint Olsen scored three goals in addition to the one he scored in the first half, to secure the home-team a 4-3 win. But KÍ still rode the luck – at leas for now – as they stay a couple of points ahead of TB who concede twice in the last 10 minutes to lose against 07 Vestur.

It started all right for NSÍ as they took the lead in the seventh minute through Klæmint Olsen, but at half-time KÍ were leading 3-1 through Hjalgrím Elttør, Páll Klettskarð and shortly before the break through Ísak Simonsen directly on free kick.

With the wind in their back in the second half, NSÍ put KÍ under heavy pressure, and the dominance paid dividend after seven minutes when Olsen pulled a goal back with a header. Olsen then equalized with an acrobatic finish after 70 minutes before Olsen in the dying minutes snatched then winner with a header and his fourth goal in the match.

07 Vestur - TB Tvøroyri 2-1 (0-1)
0-1 Ndende Adama Guéye
1-1 Holgar Durhuus
2-1 Hørður Johansen

TB could have climbed above the relegation line with a win over TB Tvøroyri, but their effort ended in wane as 07 Vestur scored twice in the last quarter of an hour to win 2-1.

TB had taken a first half-lead through Senegalese midfielder Ndende before Holgar Durhuus equalized from Tór-Ingar Akselsen’s cross from the by-line. And in with a couple of minutes remaining of normal time, Hørður Johansen was at the end of a scramble to clinch victory for 07 Vestur who say they are still believing that they can avoid relegation. But they need eight points to overtake TB who stay under the line, two points adrift of KÍ Klaksvík. How costly will the dropped points be for TB?

B36 Tórshavn - Víkingur 3-2 (1-1)
0-1 Heðin Hansen
1-1 Lukasz Cieslewicz
1-2 Finnur Justinussen
2-2 Adeshina Lawal
3-2 Owngoal (Geza Turi)

Víkingur looked to be on winning course before B36 scored twice in the dying minutes to grab victory with a controversial goal.

Víkingur had taken the lead after just a minute when unmarked Heðin Hansen headed in.

B36 restored parity on the stroke of halftime through Polish forward Lukasz Cieslewicz who slipped before he scored, but regained posture to score at the second attempt.

B36 hit the crossbar in the second half before Víkingur regained the lead after 70 minutes thanks to Finnur Justinussen.

But B36 drew level once again in the 87th minute when Jákup á Borg – who had come on the pitch ten minutes earlier after returning from injury – set up Nigerian forward Adeshine Lawal for a simple finish.

Two minutes later, B36 grabbed the winning goal in bizarre circumstances as Víkingur goalkeeper Geza Turi had collected the ball, but then crossed his goal-line to score an owngoal! Víkingur claimed the goalkeeper had been pushed illegally, while B36 claimed it was a legal shoulder-tackle. That’s also how the referee interpreted the situation.

Postponed from 15 to 25 September:
AB Argir - HB Tórshavn 2-1 (2-0)
1-0 Ahmed Keita
2-0 Dion Splidt (pen)
2-1 Andrew av Fløtum

HB could virtually have assured the title had they picked up a point against AB tonight, but AB had other ideas and their own fate to tackle, and with the points in the bag, AB’s existence in the toop flight is virtually assured as they sit comfortably 9 points above the relegation line with only four matches remaining.

AB had been the more threatening team in the opening minutes and took the lead after a quarter of an hour following a scramble from a long throw-in where Senegalese forward Ahmed Keita slotted home from close range.

HB finally got their act together after-half an hour and started putting some pressure on AB, and on the right hand side Christian R. Mourotsen’s superb skills saw him get away from two defenders to make the cross to Kristin R. Mouritsen who headed down to Fróði Benjaminsen who struck from centre of goal, but Símun Rógvi Hansen in the AB goal got his body behind the ball.

HB were extremely close to an equalizer after some 40 minutes when Kristin R. Mouritsen’s effort clipped the far post. Instead it was AB who doubled their lead two minutes before halftime from a penalty committed rather clumsily by centre-back Johan Troest-Davidsen who climbed all over the back of Soring Angel. Dion Splidt converted safely from the penalty spot.

Although HB had a clear majority of possession during the second half, they found it hard to create scoring opportunities and at the other end Keita was close to scoring again when he fired from the edge of the penalty area, but Teitur Gestsson made an excellent save

Twenty minutes through the half, HB finally prevailed when midfielder Heini Vatnsdal, who had come off the bench, headed Andrew av Fløtum clear to set up a grand stand finish.

HB had their best moment of the game in the following minutes and with ten minutes remaining, AB had luck on their side when Kristin R. Mouritsen smashed a shot on the upright.

In the dying moments, AB were close to sealing their win, but first Dion Splidt fired a shot on the post, and later Jónas Stenberg forced another great save from Gestsson.

The four minutes of added time which became five, were a bit nervous for AB, but the goalkeeper dealt with HB’s crosses in superb fashion to hold on to the three points.

HB are still odds on favourites to claim the title as they have a five-point gap on ÍF Fuglafjørðun in second place, and that gap could grow again on Sunday when ÍF visit neighbours Víkingur while HB take on rock-bottom 07 Vestur.

Should the gap not grow in the next round, then the game the following round between HB and ÍF will be gigantic…

Faroe Islands Football | Fixtures/Results | Table | Top Scorers