August 30 & 31, 2013:
Round 21 of the premier division "Effodeildin":

August 30

Víkingur - NSÍ Runavík 2-4 (2-2)
1-0 Finnur Justinussen
1-1 Árni Frederiksberg
1-2 Klæmint Olsen
2-2 Finnur Justinussen
2-3 Magnus Olsen
2-4 Klæmint Olsen

Víkingur's winning streak of four league games came to an end as NSÍ scored twice in the final ten minutes to win 4-2.

In windy conditions in Sarpugerði it was Víkingur who had the help of the wind in the first half, and after a quarter of an hour Finnur Justinussen gave the home team the lead after turning in the rebound from Kristian Joensen who had saved the initial shot from Hanus Jacobsen.

Although Víkingur had dominated the first half, NSÍ turned the match on its head with two goals in three minutes. The equalizer came in the 37th minutes when Víkingur failed to clear properly, and Árni Frederiksberg scored with a side-foot finish after an assist from Jónhard Frederiksberg.

And just a few minutes later it was Klæmint Olsen who took advantage of a rebound off goalkeeper Geza Turi to give NSÍ the lead.
However, NSÍ managed to restore parity on the stroke of half-time when the kick-out from Geza Turi played Justinussen clear on goal – where wind had gotten the better of the NSÍ defence – who finished clinically to take his goal tally to 11; three behind KÍ Klaksvík’s Páll Klettskarð.

With the wind in their back, it was NSÍ who had most of the pressure in the second half, but without creating much however, as it was difficult to string up the passes. But with seven minutes remaining of normal time, veteran Sjúrður Olsen found Jónhard Frederiksberg who made a perfect cross for Magnus Olsen to head in to give NSÍ the lead.

In the dying moments, Klæmint Olsen sealed the win for NSÍ as he headed home from Karl Løkin’s free kick to make it 4-2 to the visitors.

August 31:

HB Tórshavn - B36 Tórshavn 2-2 (0-2)
0-1 Høgi Midjord
0-2 Lukasz Cieslewicz
1-2 Bárður Heinsesen
2-2 Christian R. Mouritsen

HB’s lead in the top of the table, which was 10 points three round ago, has now shrunk to only five points as HB have only gotten two points from their last three matches. And for the third time this season, HB were lucky to rescue a point in the Tórshavn derby.

After both teams had created chances in the opening minutes of the match, B36 took the lead after 13 minutes when a cross from the left was flicked on to Høgni Midjord who volleyed with aplomb into the bottom far corner.

HB looked shell-shocked, as they did a week ago when they conceded three times in six minutes, when B36 doubled their lead just a couple of minutes later with a fast break through Adeshina Lawal on the right, and three against one, Lawal squared the ball to a completely clear Lukasz Cieslewicz to make the easy tap-in from close range.

HB then had a great chance to narrow the deficit when Christian R. Mouritsen on the right after a well worked move cut into the penalty, but with a free sight of goal, he fired wide from close range.

A few minutes later Gilli Sørensen outpaced the HB defence, but in the end he made one dribble to many and had his shot blocked.

Although HB had most of the possession, the story was the same as so often this season: that they miss a dangerman on top, and the couple of decent opportunities HB did create ended in vain.

Christian R. Mouritsen again had a golden opportunity to score for HB early in the second half with a volley at the far post, but from the acute angle, B36 goalkeeper Trygvi Askham covered it well and made a fine block.

But 13 minutes through the second half HB finally pulled a goal back when Mouritsen got to the byline and fond younger brother Kristin R. Mouritsen in the penalty area who sneaked the ball in front of goal where Bárður Heinesen managed to push the ball over the line.

Shortly after, Lawal should have restored B36’s two-goal cushion as the got clear on goal, but Teitur Gestsson made a crucial save to keep HB in the match.

Instead it was HB who equalized after 72 minutes when Christian R. Mouritsen scored directly from the corner!

Thereafter B36 had three or four golden opportunities to regain the lead, but twice HB miraculously saved of the line in rapid succession, and others efforts went just wide. But B36 will rue all those missed opportunities.

However, B36 could have lost everything after 88 minutes when a high ball into the goal area fell to defender Johan Troest Daviden who volleyed a meter over, when he just needed to hit the target to score.

ÍF Fuglafjørður - AB Argir 3-2 (3-2)
0-1 Bjartur Kjærbo
1-1 Owngoal (Dion Splidt)
2-1 Clayton Soares
3-1 Øssur Dalbúð
3-2 Owngoal (Bartal Eliasen)

When the gap was ten points three rounds ago, ÍF refused to surrender the title to HB, and as the gap is now reduced to five points, the title is far from decided yet. In round 25, ÍF take on HB.

Although ÍF got behind after nine minutes, they were leading 3-1 after 29 minutes, although that lead was reduced again the minute after.

It was Bjartur Kjærbo who headed the visitors in front after ten minutes against the run of play, but ÍF restored parity after twenty minutes thanks to an owngoal from Dion Splidt who headed over his own goalkeeper.

Brazilian Clayton Soares then stretched his long leg to steer the ball aver the line to give ÍF the lead before his attacking partner Øssur Dalbúð scored on a rebound for minutes later.

ÍF then returned the favour of the owngoal just a minute later, when veteran defender Bartal Eliasen helped reduce AB’s deficit by beating his own goalkeeper Jákup Mikkelsen.

ÍF went close again ten minutes through the second half, but AB were saved by the crossbar. It could have been a costly miss, but ÍF can thank Mikkelsen for saving from a clear Kjærbo ten minutes later. 

KÍ Klaksvík - TB Tvøroyri 2-3 (1-1)
1-0 Heðin Klakstein
1-1 Poul Ingason
1-2 Arthur Poulsen
2-2 Sørmundur Kalsø
2-3 Poul Ingason

TB had to win to have a realistic hope of avoiding relegation, and with a match (away) against rock-button 07 Vestur, TB will fancy their chances for another three points, which could see then overtake KÍ who have a difficult away match against NSÍ Runavík. And should TB win, they’ll also be equal with AB Argir, should they lose to leaders HB Tórshavn.

It was KÍ who took the lead in the 10th minute thanks to the manager’s son Heðin Klakstein who took advantage of poor defending from a high cross.

But TB responded eight minutes later through Senegalese midfielder Ndende Adama Guéye and went on to take the lead six minutes through the second half, when Arthur D. Poulsen scored in his senior debut for the club.

However, TB’s lead lasted only for ten minutes when defender Sørmundur Kalsø equalized for KÍ with a header from a corner.

TB dug deep, and with eight minutes remaining of normal time, 17-year old striker Poul Ingason scored the winner with his seventh league goal of the season to give TB a fighting chance for survival in the premier division with their first away-win of the season and TB's first win in Klaksvík since 1985.

EB/Streymur - 07 Vestur 4-0 (2-0)
1-0 Leif Niclasen
2-0 Brian Olsen
3-0 Gunnar Zachariasen
4-0 Leif Niclasen

The match was never a contest, and Leif Niclasen gave EB/Streymur the lead after 13 minutes from a corner.

Brian Olsen doubled the lead three minutes later when he headed home from Hans Pauli Samuelsen’s free kick.

Gunnar Zachariasen put away any doubt about the result seven minutes after the restart – just two minutes before 07 Vestur’s Eli Falkvard Nielsen was given a direct red card.

25 minutes through the second half, Niclasen scored his second goal of the match to seal the 4-0 won and to move level with Páll Klettskarð at the top of the top scorer list with 14 goals apiece.

Faroe Islands Football | Fixtures/Results | Table | Top Scorers