August 18, 2013:
Round 20 of the premier division "Effodeildin":

KÍ Klaksvík - HB Tórshavn 3-3 (3-0)
1-0 Páll Klettskarð
2-0 Owngoal (Teitur Gestsson)
3-0 Páll Klettskarð
3-1 Christian R. Mouritsen
3-2 Bárður Olsen
3-3 Páll Mohr Joensen

After KÍ goalkeeper Meinhardt Joensen had made a double-save from Símun Samuelsen after the first quarter of an hour, KÍ scored three times in six minutes from the half-hour mark in a rare collapse in the HB defence.

Páll Klettskarð made it 1-0 with a header from a corner as he was left unmark in the goal area. Four minutes later it became 2-0 as HB goalkeeper Teitur Gestsson punched a cross into his own goal, and just two minutes later, Klettskarð was at it again, making it 3-0 with a well taken header from a cross from Álvur Christiansen on the right.

Klettskarð could have gotten a hat trick five minutes later, but HB saved off the line.

HB got the early goal in the second half they had hoped for when Christian R. Mouritsen turned a cross into the back of the net to get some hope of a comeback.

That hope increased greatly with a quarter of an hour remaining when Bárður Olsen with a deflected shot made it 3-2.

And with a couple of minutes remaining of normal time, the hope became a reality when Páll Mohr Joensen in the second match in succession came off the bench to grab an equalizer.

HB went for it all in added time and could have snatched a dramatic winner, but so could KÍ Klaksvík right at the death when Sørmund Kalsø fired just over.

For HB the draw has a low toll as they stay seven points ahead of ÍF Fuflafjøður, but with a superior goal difference, ÍF will need to get eight more points in seven matches to overtake HB.

Isolated, KÍ will be devastated by throwing away a 3-0 lead, but as they move five points clear of TB Tvøroyri + plus a superior goal difference, KÍ will somewhere be content with a point against the leaders that keeps them in a safe distance away from the relegation line.

TB Tvøroyri - ÍF Fuglafjørður 0-1 (0-0)
0-1 Dánjal á Lakjuni

TB are in desperate need of points and were fighting hard under new coach Páll Guðlaugsson against 2nd placed ÍF, but a lapse of concentration right after halftime cost them a defeat as Dánjal á Lakjuni got clear to win the match for ÍF who climb a couple of points nearer the top, but still seven points adrift, however.

TB, who have now lost seven in a row, are running out of options, but their next match is against closest  team to the relegation line, KÍ Klaksvík who are five points in front. A loss for TB will probably seal TB’s faith.

B36 Tórshavn - AB Argir 2-1 (1-0)
1-0 Lukasz Cieslewicz
1-1 Mikkjal Hentze
2-1 Gilli Sørensen

AB’s unbeaten run of seven games in a row finally came to an end today when Gilli Sørensen a couple of minutes into added time saw his cross go all the way into the goal to give B36 all the points and climb to third place in the table.

B36 were also leading at half time thanks to Polish striker Lukasz Cieslewicz who got around the defender on the left hand side before he fired in at the far post after a quarter of an hour.

B36 could have paid dearly for Róaldur Jakobsen missing a sitter just before half time as AB equalized  with a quarter of an hour remaining after a great solo run by Rógvi Poulsen who got to the by-line to set up Mikkjal Hentze for an easy tap-in.

AB could also have taken the lead with a spectacular long range effort from Dion Splidt that rattled the crossbar, but instead it was B36 who took all in added time.

But with six points between themselves and TB Tvøroyri under the line, AB look so be in a relatively safe position. 

Víkingur - 07 Vestur 3-1 (1-1)
0-1 Gunleiv Olsen
1-1 Sølvi Vatnhamar
2-1 Hanus Jacobsen
3-1 Finnur Justinussen

Víkingur kept their 100% record under new coach Sigfríður Clementsen intact as they won their fourth match in succession to – with a game in hand - move within two points of third place B36 Tórshavn. Prior to the switch of coach, Víkingur were 9th in the table.

Today it was 07 Vestur who took the lead however, as Gunleiv Olsen scored from a corner after 37 minutes, but Víkingur’s dominance paid dividend four minutes later when Sølvi Vatnhamar headed in from close range after a rebound from the goalkeeper where the ball went straight up into the air before it dropped down again to Vatnhamar.

Víkingur left it late before taking the lead when Hanus Jacobsen after 87 minutes score from long range before Finnur Justinussen sealed the victory three minutes later.

NSÍ Runavík - EB/Streymur 1-0 (0-0)
1-0 Árni Frederiksberg

NSÍ had most of the possession and also the scoring opportunities, although EB/Streymur also had a few.

The winning goal for NSÍ came twenty minutes through the second half when Árni Frederiksberg’s curled an effort into the goal – which maybe was an intended cross - following a corner.

For EB/Streymur, striker Arnbjørn Hansen was injured and is questionable for the cup final on Saturday against Víkingur. On the other hand Egil á Bø was available again and is therefore likely to play in the cup final as well which might be his final bow at the top as he already is officially retired, but has been giving a helping hand – or rather foot and head – several times this season.

Faroe Islands Football | Fixtures/Results | Table | Top Scorers