August 04 & 05, 2013:
Round 18 of the premier division "Effodeildin":

August 04

TB Tvøroyri - HB Tórshavn 1-5 (0-3)
0-1 Kristin R. Mouritsen
0-2 Christian R. Mouritsen
0-3 Heini Vatnsdal
1-3 Poul Ingason
1-4 Fróði Benjaminsen
1-5 Fróði Benjaminsen

HB had no problems in beating TB, and as closest rivals ÍF lost, the gap at the top increased to ten points with only nine matches to go.

HB took the lead after a quarter of an hour through Kristin R. Mouritsen who fired the ball into the back of the net after a couple of shots were block in the same attack.

HB increased their lead to 3-0 in the last five minutes of the half; Kristin’s elder brother Christian R. Mouritsen making it 2-0 before Heini Vatnsdal three minutes later rounded the goalkeeper to make it 3-0 after he himself had won the ball off TB well into the HB-half.

TB started brightly in the second half, and the hard work paid dividend after ten minutes when Poul Ingason scored with a diving header.

However, a 3-goal comeback against HB was never on the cards, and much less so when TB goalkeeper Ivan Stojkovic was shown the red card just four minutes later for bringing down Fróði Benjaminsen.

The following free kick from at good position didn´t materialize into anything worthy, but Benjaminsen himself netted twice later, first when he was played clear by Kristin Mouritsen midway through the second half and making it 5-1 with a header a few minutes before the end of normal time.

A lot will now have to go terribly wrong for HB if they shall be prevented from claiming the title.

KÍ Klaksvík - Víkingur 1-2 (0-1)
0-1 Hanus Jacobsen (pen)
0-2 Finnur Justinussen
1-2 Páll Klettskarð

Víkingur won their first away match of the season and doubled their number of goals on away soil with their 2-1 win over KÍ who have now lost five games in a row and have only earned one point since they replaced their coach six rounds ago due to unsatisfactory results.

Víkingur took the lead after 20 minutes from a penalty from Hanus Jacobsen who also was the man who had been brought down.

KÍ were close to an equalizer moments later, but Víkingur were saved by the upright and subsequently saved off the line.

Former KÍ player Filip Djordjevic then set up Finnur Justinussen to double Víkingur’s advantage on the hour-mark before KÍ claimed a consolation goal through Páll Klettskarð in added time.

KÍ can only thank TB for their poor results of late, because otherwise KÍ would have been in deep trouble. The gap between TB in 9th position is only three points.

NSÍ Runavík - ÍF Fuglafjørður 3-2 (1-1)
1-0 Andras Brixen Vágsheyg
1-1 Øssur Dalbúð
1-2 Bogi R. Petersen
2-2 Haraldur Højgaard
3-2 Einar Hansen (pen)

NSÍ likely decided the title in HB’s favour today by snatching a late winner against ÍF on a penalty from Einar Hansen five minutes into stoppage time. With ÍF now trailing ten points with only nine matches remaining, the title-race seems decided.

The match that was played at Svangaskarð in Toftir, B68’s homeground, because NSÍ is getting their surface shifted at the moment and the work will expectedly be finished in mid September.

However, NSÍ seemed to thrive on their neighbor’s – and archrivals – pitch as they took the lead within two minutes with a fierce shot from defender Andras Brixen Vágshey’s following a long throw-in.

But ÍF seem to do best when they are behind and they quickly took control of the game and forced the equalizer after 36 minutes when Øssur Dalbúð headed home from a corner.

ÍF continued their dominance in the second half and took the lead six minutes into it when Bogi R. Petersen at the far post steered in the low cross.

However, with five minutes remaining of normal time, Haraldur Højgaard - who just has come from B68 – equalized for NSÍ as the turned in a rebound from a rare mistake from Jákup Mikkelsen who failed to properly collect Einar Hansen’s cross.

And five minutes into added time, NSÍ were awarded a penalty when Klæmint Olsen went down in the area, and Einar Hansen safely converted from the spot to clinch the match 3-2 and end any hopes ÍF might have had of claiming the title.

B36 Tórshavn - EB/Streymur 2-0 (0-0)
0-1 Adeshina Lawal
0-2 Adeshina Lawal

After a goalless first half, EB/Streymur dominated from the start of the second half, but ultimately had to pay dearly for missing some great scoring opportunities when Nigerian forward Adeshina Lawal scored a brace in the space of two minutes around the hour-mark to win the match for B36.

August 05

AB Argir - 07 Vestur 2-0 (1-0)
1-0 Bjartur Kjærbo
2-0 Rói Danielsen

Having won several of their matches with late goals when their winning streak started, AB have now started to score the goals early on and today it took them less than three minutes to take the lead when Rógvi Poulsen on the left released Sorin Anghel who made the cross in front of goal where Bjartur Kjærbo slid the ball over the line.

AB were close to doubling their lead midway through the first half with a header from Anghel on the post.

Later in the half 07 Vestur went close whit a long range effort from Senegalese Ibrahima Camara, but the equalizer was denied by the crossbar.

With a quarter of an hour remaining, AB decided the match when unmarked centre-back Rói Danielsen netted from a corner with a downwards header.   

Having played five matches at home in a row, AB will now play their next three matches on away soil. 

Faroe Islands Football | Fixtures/Results | Table | Top Scorers