July 27 - 29, 2013:
Round 17 of the premier division "Effodeildin":

July 27

07 Vestur - KÍ Klaksvík 2-1 (1-1)
1-0 Tór-Ingar Akselsen
1-1 Páll Klettskarð
2-1 Tór-Ingar Akselsen

KÍ sacked their coach after round 12 because of bad results, but so far the change of coach has only produced a single point in five games as they were beaten by buttom-team 07 Vestur on Saturday.

07 Vestur took the lead in the sixth minute through Tór-Ingar Akselsen, but KÍ restored parity after half an hour thanks to Páll Klettskarð.

However, Akselsen scored his second goal of the afternoon twenty minutes through the second half, directly from a free kick to win the match for 07 Vestur.

And with a difficult match program ahead for KÍ – Víkingur ,  ÍF , HB , their point harvest could be quite sparse before they take on TB. All these four games are at home.

AB Argir - EB/Streymur 3-1 (2-1)
1-0 Morten Overgaard
2-0 Jobin Drangastein
2-1 Leif Niclasen
3-1 Jobin Drangastein

Without a single point after six rounds, eleven points below the relegation line after round eleven, and still ten points below the drop line after round 13, AB looked like certain to be relegated, but with 16 points from a possible 18 in their last six games, they have turned it around in neck braking pace and for the first time have climbed above the relegation line with their 3-1 win over third placed EB/Streymur.

AB stormed out of the blocks and went two goals up within just seven minutes. Danish centre-back Morten Overgaard netted following a corner in the 5th minute before Jobin Drangastein doubled the lead just a couple of minutes later as Senegalese forward Ahmed Keita had played him clear.

EB/Streymur then got the upper hand, as AB aren’t used to being in front, and Leif Niclasen went close when he hit the post a few minutes later.  However, the dominance paid dividend just before the half-hour mark when Niclasen, the EFFOdeildin top scorer, scored his 11th goal of the season.

AB made some adjustments at half time and regained their two-goal cushion ten minutes after the restart when Drangastein scored his second goal of the match, this time from a header.

AB’s victory was never really threatened after this; not even when Dion Splidt - a bit controversially - was sent off for a second bookable offence with a quarter of an hour remaining.

With their next match being against bottom team 07 Vestur, AB will fancy their chances for another victory. This will be AB’s fifth home-match in succession. 

July 28

B36 Tórshavn - ÍF Fuglafjørður 1-2 (1-0)
1-0 Lukasz Cieslewicz
1-1 Clayton Soares
1-2 Bogi R. Petersen

ÍF came from behind once again to beat B36 Tórshavn with a late winner after B36 had been in control during the first hour of the match.

Polish forward Lukasz Cieslewicz brought B36 in front after a quarter of an hour after foreplay from Súni Olsen who later in the half hit the upright from a free kick.

Nothing suggested a comeback in the early minutes of the second half, but after 63 minutes Brazilian striker Clayton Soares equalized for ÍF after a rebound from B36 stand-in goalkeeper Jákup Højgaard.

And then, as ten seconds were remaining from the end of normal time, from a corner the ball fell to Bogi R. Petersen who finished clinically to earn ÍF another three points and provisionally climb to within four points of HB Tórshavn who might restore their 7-point lead with a win against NSÍ Runavík on Monday – Faroese national day.

July 29

Víkingur - TB Tvøroyri 3-1 (3-0)
1-0 Hanus Jacobsen (pen)
2-0 Jann Ingi Petersen
3-0 Jann Ingi Petersen
3-1 Ragnar Tausen

It was one way traffic in the bottom-clash where Víkingur  were three goals up after 37 minutes and underlines that Víkingur is not going to stay in touch with the relegation zone for long.

It was Hanus Jacobsen who put Víkingur in front from the penalty spot after 18 minutes before Jann Ingi Petersen scored a break with 10 minutes increments.

The match was less one-sided after the break – maybe because Víkingur relaxed – and TB pulled a goal back with twenty minutes remaining, but a comeback was never on the cards.

TB are now two points below the relegation line and AB Argir, and that difference could grow in a week as TB take on leaders HB Tórshavn while AB entertain 07 bottom team 07 Vestur.

HB Tórshavn - NSÍ Runavík 3-2 (0-0)
1-0 Símun Samuelsen
1-1 Klæmint A. Olsen
2-1 Símun Samuelsen
3-1 Símun Samuelsen
3-2 Árni Frederiksberg

HB looked to have wrapped the game up when Símun Samuelsen completed his hat trick to make it 3-1 after 81 minutes, but when Árni Frederiksberg pulled a goal back six minutes later, HB had to go through some anxious last minutes, but managed to hold on to the three points, however.

The first half had produced few scoring opportunities, but where NSÍ were first to threaten from a corner early on and generally NSÍ looked a bit more dangerous up front, but HB were closest to taking the lead, however, when Andrew av Fløtum hit the post in the latter stages of the first half.

Both teams had a decent opportunities in the first minute of the second half, and soon after, the visitors went close when Jann Martin Mortensen hit the post.

Ten minutes through the second half HB took the lead when Símun Samulesen intercepted a back pass from the midfield to get clear on goal and slipped it past Kristian Joensen in the NSÍ goal. Defensive blunder of the year. Or any year, really. 

But NSÍ were back on level terms a quarter of an hour later. First Teitur Gestsson made an excellent save when he tipped Árni Frederiksberg’s free kick over the bar, but it was just prolonging the pain as NSÍ scored from the following corner through Pól Jóhannus Justinussen who had the last nod, as he won the aerial duel with goalkeeper Gestsson who claimed he had been fouled.

But NSÍ’s joy was a bit short-lived as Samuelsen had scored twice in the next eleven minutes; the first after 74 minutes where he twisted his way past two defenders before he fired low past Joensen again. The second after 81 minutes was directly from a free kick, albeit with the help of a deflection off the wall.

NSÍ looked dejected, but were spurred on again when Á. Frederiksberg took advantage of a Heini Vatnsdal’s mistake to get clear to make it 3-2, but although it was tense in remaining six minutes, HB held on and stay seven points clear of ÍF Fuglafjørður in second place.

Faroe Islands Football | Fixtures/Results | Table | Top Scorers