May 18 & 20, 2013:
Round 10 of the premier division "Effodeildin":

May 18

AB Argir - ÍF Fuglafjørður 0-1 (0-0)
0-1 Høgni Madsen

AB lost again, and with HB Tórshavn next on their list, while the other two relegation battlers, TB Tvøroyri and 07 Vestur meet head to head, time is running out for AB.

After a goalless first half with few scoring opportunities where the best attempt was a header on the crossbar from ÍF’s Øssur Dalbúð, the visitors scored the winning goal five minutes after the break directly on a free kick from Høgni Madsen.

AB rallied and had a couple of scoring opportunities, but wasted them. - A problem which the coach Sámal Erik Hansen pointed out before the game was one of AB’s main problems. They create plenty of chances, but don’t make them count.

May 20

B36 Tórshavn - HB Tórshavn 3-3 (2-2)
0-1 Fróði Benjaminsen
0-2 Fróði Benjaminsen
1-2 Róaldur Jakobsen
2-2 Adeshina Lawal
3-2 Súni Olsen
3-3 Christian R. Mouritsen

HB looked like a winner, being two goals up after 20 minutes, but when Súni Olsen made it 3-2 for B36 in the 83rd minute, it looked like the three points were going their way, but with a thunderous finish in the 88th minute, Christian R. Mouritsen salvaged a point for HB who are still unbeaten, and still seven points clear of KÍ Klaksvík in second place, as they could only manage a draw against TB Tvøroyri.

B36 had the first good opportunity of the match when forward Rasmus Dan Sørensen – who is replacing injured Lukasz Cieslewicz – had a free header, but straight on goalkeeper Hans Jørgensen.

After B36 had been the slightly better team in the opening minutes, HB got the edge and started creating opportunities and went extremely close after Símum Samuelsen’s header across the face of goal ended at the feet of Christian R. Mouritsen who smashed it on the upright.

HB took the lead after 10 minutes when Christian R. Mouritsen's through-ball played Fróði Benjaminsen clear to coolly lob over Tórður Thomsen in the B36 goal.

HB doubled their lead in the 19th minute with an almost replica goal; this time right back Jógvan Rói Davidsen releasing Benjaminsen who slipped it past the B36 goalkeeper.

But B36 then started creating chances, and Gilli Sørensen on the left wing showed some of his potential and went extremely close when he fired a shot on the top of the far post. Another B36-shot went on the outside of the post, and in one attempt Jørgensen was lucky that the shot from Súni Olsen was straight at him.

HB could have increased their lead when Christian Mouritsen got clear, although from an angle, but he shot across the face of goal when he at leas should have tested the goalkeeper.

Instead B36 pulled a goal back in the 43rd minute when midfielder Róaldur Jakobsen received the ball shortly outside the penalty area and curled a magnificent shot around the goalkeeper and into the back of the net.

Two red cards then followed, one for each team. HB central defender Johan Troest Davidsen made a small free kick on midfield which still could maybe justify a yellow card, which would then be his second. But before he received marching orders, B36’s Danish defender Martin Petersen received his second yellow, apparently for encouraging the referee to send Troest Davidsen off. And that became referee’s next action; sending the HB defender off.

Before HB had reorganized their defence, B36 took advantage of the missing man in HB’s defence when Olsen’s hard cross went straight to the head of Nigerian forward Adeshina Lawal who headed home the equalizer from close range in first half’s added time.

However, HB should have regained the lead within 10 seconds of the second half when they straight from the kick off marched straight down the middle where Samuelsen got clear and made the hard work of getting past the goalkeeper, but still managed to finish into the sitenetting.

HB had most of the play in the second half - including the chances - while B36 where looming on the fast breaks.

Samuelsen shamefully wasted another opportunity when he got completely clear again, but this time he finished straight in the goalkeeper, who still should get credit for an excellent block with his right hand.

And midway through the half another opportunity went begging for HB when Andrew av Fløtum had the goal at his mercy, but blasted the ball well over.

The misses became costly for HB, as B36 took the lead in the 83rd minutes when Súni Olsen rifled a low shot past the HB goalkeeper after HB’s centreback Gunnar Haraldsen carelessly had given away the ball to Olsen just outside the penalty area.

However, HB rescued a point when Christian Mouritsen fired a bullet into the goal from just inside the penalty area in the 88th minute, after a cross from Samuelsen on the left fell to him.

TB Tvøroyri - KÍ Klaksvík 1-1 (0-0)
1-0 Babacar Ndiour
1-1 Kristoffur Jakobsen

After stalemate in 90 minutes, two goals were scored in added time.

TB took the lead in the first minute of added time when Senegalese defender Babacar Ndiour scored directly from a free kick.

However, it wasn’t enough, as KÍ rescued a point with a header from Kristoffur Jakobsen in the fourth minute of added time.

KÍ have now only won one of their last six games. TB have still not lost at home, but the 1-pointers count very slowly, however. Next Sunday, TB take on 07 Vestur in a battle of titanic importance, where a win for TB will see them go seven points clear of the relegation line which could almost book their place in next season’s top flight, although there will still be a long way to go.

NSÍ Runavík - Víkingur 3-0 (1-0)
1-0 Owngoal (Kaj Leo í Bartalsstovu)
2-0 Andy Olsen
3-0 Klæmint Olsen

Whether it should be called hilarious or tragic maybe depends on who you support, but Víkingur’s away statistics is certainly remarkable:  Played 4, Lost 4, 11 goals against and not a single goal scored!

Today they visited neighbours NSÍ who took the lead within seven 10 minutes when Kaj Leo í Bartalsstovu turned Jann Martin Mortensen’s corner behind his own goalkeeper.
Late in the second  half Víkingur threw caution to the wind in search for an equalizer which cost them two goals towards the end.

07 Vestur - EB/Streymur 0-2 (0-1)
0-1 Owngoal (Tehe Aristide)
0-2 Niels Pauli Danielsen

Defending champions EB/Streymur who made a disastrous start to the season have now won three points in a row and have climbed to 5th in the standings, only three points short of the runners up position.

EB/Streymur took the lead shortly before half-time when Ivorian defender Tehe Aristide headed the ball into his own goal after a long throw in.

Niels Pauli Danielsen made the points safe with 10 minutes to go.

Faroe Islands Football | Fixtures/Results | Table | Top Scorers