March 27, 2010: The Cup Competition, Round 1:

The bad weather with strong winds took its toll on the games, but it was playable except in Suðuroy where the match between FC Suðuroy and Skála was postponed.

HB Tórshavn – B36 Tórshavn 0-1 (0-0)
With the wind in their back, HB had a clear majority of possession in the first half, but failed to get much out of the advantage.

But Símun Samuelsen should have put HB in front after 10 minutes when he got a clear sight of goal, but he completely miss-kicked the ball.

Later in the half, Samuelsen again should have done better when he was more or less clear with the goalkeeper, albeit with a slightly tight angle, but instead of shooting, he chose to pass the ball which resulted in nothing.

Apart from that, HB’s only other attempt was a weak, but well placed, shot from Fróði Benjaminsen that still went close by the post, however.

B36 improved in the last quarter of the first half, but never managed to put any threat on HB’s goal.

The second half belonged to B36 and it took them only 4 minutes to take the lead when captain Klæmint Matras fired the ball into the back of the net from Jákup á Borg’s corner.

Bárður Olsen was close to making it 2-0 a few minutes later when he turned around himself to get clear, but Marcin Dawid in the HB goal made a fine save.

B36 had a couple of more chances to add to their lead, but Dawid saved well on both occasions. Especially one flying save looked spectacular, when he just managed to push the ball onto the crossbar and out for a corner.

HB had nothing to offer throughout the half, and although it wasn’t easy to play in the headwind, B36’s defence deserves full credit to keep HB from chances. - Expect a few clean sheets from B36 this season.

Undrið FF Tórshavn – ÍF Fuglafjørður 0-1 (0-0)
This match was played on ÍF’s home soil although it was Undri ð FF who originally owned the home advantage. We can only guess that money is involved... Although Undrið is a 4th level club, ÍF struggled to get the goal to send them through to the quarter finals. But on the hour mark, Andy Olsen set up Karl Løkin to break the deadlock.

AB Argir – KÍ Klaksvík 1-1 (0-0)
Extra time: 2-0 (1-0)
10 minutes after Evrard Blé had given AB the lead a quarter of an hour into the second half, AB’s Nikolai Eriksen was sent off, and with the man in advantage, KÍ managed to force extra time when Henry Heinesen scored on a penalty 10 minutes from the end of normal time. A couple of minutes before the end of extra time’s first half, KÍ’s Sørmund Kalsø was sent off for saving with his hands, and at the same time AB were given a penalty which Blé converted safely. Kenneth Jacobsen made the victory safe for AB in the second period.

B71 Sandoy – Víkingur 2-2 (0-1)
Extra time: 0-2 (0-2)
Víkingur took the lead with a bizarre goal near the end of the first half when Atli Gregersen’s long ball forward was caught by the wind and cheated B71 goalkeeper who midway through the half had replaced normal goalkeeper Predrag Markovic. It is feared that he might have broken the arm, which will be a real blow to B71’s hope of staying in the top flight. However, in the second half B71 turned it around and lead 2-1 when a quarter of an hour was remaining with goals from Bojan Zivic and Símin Hansen; both from corners. But the lead didn’t last as Súni Olsen equalized from a free kick 5 minutes later. In extra time Olsen scored two more to send Víkingur through to the next round. The first was on a penalty 5 minutes before the end of extra time’s first period, and at the same time B71’s Símin Hansen was given the red card for saving with his hand. A few moments later Olsen completed his hat trick.

EB/Streymur – NSÍ Runavík 0-0
Extra time: 1-0 (1-0)
For the 4th year in succession, NSÍ have been knocked out of the cup competition in the first round. But they have also been drawn to play against title contenders every time. In 2007 they drew HB, in 2008 EB/Streymur, in 2009 HB, and then EB/Streymur again this time. After stalemate in the first 90 minutes, Arnbjørn Hansen put EB/Streymur in front in extra time’s first half. EB/Streymur also missed a penalty later on. It could have been costly as NSÍ hit the crossbar in the dying moments, but EB/Streymur survived the scare.

Video Highlights: EB/Streymur - NSÍ Runavík

B68 Toftir – 07 Vestur 3-0 (0-0)
B68 found it difficult to break down the 1st divison side’s stubborn defence, but early in the second half Jóhan Dávur Højgaard put B68 ahead with a penalty. After 07 Vestur´s Eli Falkvard was sent off a while later, B68 found it easier and netted twice – the goals coming from Poul N. Poulsen and Ndende Adama Gueye.

FC Hoyvík – TB Tvøroyri 2-0 (1-0)
10 minutes before the break, Jørgin Meitilberg gave FC Hoyvík the lead before he midway through the second half turned provider for Bogi Hermansen. TB had its fair share of opportunities also, but failed to convert any of their chances. For example Hoyvík saved off the line 3 times.

FC Suðuroy – Skála
Postponed because of strong wind. New match date: 21 April

FC Suðuroy – Skála 6-1 (3-0)
FC Suðuroy had an easy time against 3rd level club Skála, who were just a whisker away from the clinching the championship title in the top division in 2005. Suðuroy's new Georgian import Mamuka Toronjadze put the hosts in front just a couple of minutes through the match and 20 minutes later Nigerian striker Obi Ikechukwu Charles doubled the lead before Palli Augustinussen made it 3-0 shortly before half time. Jón Krosslá Poulsen and John T. Poulsen made it 4-0 and 5-0 before Brian Jacobsen gave Skála at least something to celebrate. Towards the end Arthur Tausen cemented the victory with Suðuroy's 6th goal.

See results and goal scorers from the 1st round of the Cup here.

| Faroese Football | Table | Fixtures/Results | Top Scorers |
| Home of Soccer and Equipment |

Share this page: