August 23, 2015:
Round 22 of the premier division "Effodeildin":

B36 Tórshavn - Víkingur 1-0  (0-0)
1-0 Lukasz Cieslewicz

B36 made a gigantic leap towards retaining the title after beating Víkingur who rue a host of glorious opportunities.

Víkingur, who had to play without injured Filip Djordjevic and Andreas Lava Olsen, were the better team for most of the first half and started better in the second as well, but eventually B36 took control of the match and calmly kept posession.

But in a heartbeat around the hour-mark the pendulum swung again and in a spell of a few minutes, Víkingur had three huge scoring opportunities - hitting the crossbar twice and once missing a sitter from close range.

- A   costly mistake as B36 took the lead in the 70th minute when Víkingur were caught on the break and Lukasz Cieslewicz surged down the left hand side and made the Víkingur centre back look ridicules as he glided past him and curled the ball into the bottom far corner.

Víkingur had no response, and B36 moved ever so close to retaining the title and only need 8 points in their remaining five matches to make it mathematically impossible for NSÍ to catch them.

ÍF Fuglafjørður - HB Tórshavn 2-2 (0-1)
0-1 Christian R. Mouritsen
1-1 Andy Olsen
1-2 Andrew av Fløtum
2-2 Bartal Eliasen

HB were very much the best team in the first half and 17-year old forward Adrian Justinussen forced a magnificent save from ÍF goalkeeper Pedrag Markovic after 10 minutes. Justinussen created more danger with fine dribbles and was twice brought down just outside the penalty area, and on both occasions ÍF were lucky to escape the punishment from the free kicks as first Alex dos Santos hit the woodwork and later Justinussen himself did the same thing.  

But shortly before the second free kick – five minutes from the break – HB had taken the lead through Christian R. Mouritsen who brilliantly turned on a plate to curl the ball into the far side of the goal after Marcovic initially had saved from a clear Levi Hanssen.

ÍF had threatened a couple of times during the first half, and had been close to taking the lead when Adeshina Lawal had dribbled past the defender, but failed to hit the target when he had only the goalkeeper to beat. 

After HB had started better in the second half, ÍF eventually took over and got the equalizer on the hour mark – in their first attack after their goalkeeper had received treatment for several minutes after Fróði Benjaminsen had slid into him with a vicious tackle. – Effective revenge you could say. It was Andy Olsen who struck through the crowded penalty area after two attempts had initially been blocked on the line.

ÍF had several other attempts that went close – Frank Poulsen firing a dipping shot from long range that clipped the crossbar, and Adeshina Lawal (or was it Poulsen?) shooting wide when he had the goal at his mercy and it looked easier to score. Lawal had another great opportunity, but this time Teitur Gestsson got down early and managed to knock the ball on the post. 

Instead it looked as HB had stolen the win in the 89th minute when Andrew av Fløtum made it 2-1 for HB, but ÍF managed to mount a rally in the four minutes of added time, and a minute after that (!) Bartal Eliasen - with shirt no. 76 as he’s born in 1976 and actually had his 39th birthday today – headed in the equalizer for ÍF from a corner. 

As KÍ Klaksvík won today, HB in fourth place in the table are only two points ahead in the hunt for the last Europa Cup ticket, and as HB have matches left against B36, NSÍ and Víkingur, they could lose out on that ticket. However, also KÍ have some difficult matches against especially B36 and NSÍ.

NSÍ Runavík - EB/Streymur 6-0 (0-0)
1-0 Árni Frederiksberg
2-0 Haraldur R. Højgaard
3-0 Christian Høgni Jacobsen
4-0 Klæmint Olsen
5-0 Pól Jóhannus Justinussen
6-0 Christian Høgni Jacobsen

Having held for an hour, the floodgates really opened and NSÍ scored six goals in 30 minutes  and over three matches, NSÍ have beaten EB/Streymur 19-1!

AB Argir - TB Tvøroyri 3-0 (1-0)
1-0 Jobin Drangastein
2-0 Karstin Højgaard
3-0 Karstin Højgaard

AB Argir moved above FC Suðuroy and the relagation line for the first time since round eight, although only on goal difference, but a the moment AB look like the likelier survivor. – The two meet in round 24 on 13 September.

AB took the lead on the half-hour when they punished a defensive mistake where Krisitin R. Mouritsen made the cross to Jobin Drangastein to slot home. 

Super-sub Karstin Højgaard scored a brace in the last 10 minutes of the game to secure three invaluable points for AB. 

FC Suðuroy - KÍ Klaksvík 0-2 (0-1)
0-1 Jóannes Bjartalíð
0-2 Heðin Klakstein

KÍ won away from home for the only second time this season to challenge HB Tórshavn for the fourth European ticket next season. 

23-year old Heðin Klakstein was again involved with both goals and father Eyðun Klakstein, coach of table-toppers B36, is probably getting tempted to lure his son to the Tórshavn club. 

KÍ took the lead just before the half-time whistle when Klakstein drew a penalty as he was brought down and Nigerian defender Christian Ibeagha sent off for beein the last defender. Although Jóannes Bjartalíð’s intial spot kick was saved, he still managed to tuck away the rebound.

In the 60th minute Klakstein combined with Atli Danielsen before making it 2-0.

Faroe Islands Football | Fixtures/Results | Table | Top Scorers