August 16, 2015:
Round 21 of the premier division "Effodeildin":

HB Tórshavn - AB Argir 3-1 (2-1)
1-0 Fróði Benjaminsen
2-0 Christian R. Mouritsen
2-1 Jógvan Andrias Skeel Nolsøe
3-1 Poul Ingason

HB comfortably won their first match with Milan Cimburovic at the helm, but it was against a rather weak opposition, as AB had very little to offer today, especially in the first half. 

HB totally dominated the first half and AB were rare guests on the HB-half, and after 10 minutes HB should have taken the lead when Jógvan Rói Davidsen had the goal at his mercy, although with a slightly acute angle, but his attempt, that was a blend between a cross and shot went wide of the far post and again exposed the hard working right back’s lacking abilities in shooting and crossing. 

HB’s opening goal came out of nothing in the 18th minute when Levi Hanssen’s cross from the left ended on top of the head of Fróði Benjaminsen and went in after the goalkeeper had mistimed his punching-action. 

HB doubled their lead 20 minutes later when 17-year old forward Adrian Justinussen sneaked a ball between the two centre-backs to Christian R. Mouritsen who was quicker than the goalkeeper and poked past him.

But AB were right back in the game just a minute later as forward Jógvan Andrias Skeel Nolsøe was released, and although he was getting caught by the defenders again and the angle was getting sharper as he got nearer to the by-line, he still managed to fire low between goalkeeper Teitur Gestsson and the near post. 

AB had also been close to another goal earlier in the half, but Gestsson just managed to dive and save on the line from what would appeared to have been an owngoal, had it gone in. 

HB should have killed the game off in the first minute of the second half, when Justinussen set up Hanssen who had a clear sight of goal, but the weak shot in centre of goal was easily stopped by the goalkeeper. 

The first 15 minutes of the second half were more even though and AB frequently visited HB’s half, but without really testing Gestsson. 

However, the match seemed decided when Poul Ingason got clear on goal in the 64th minute, three minutes after coming on, and he powerfully slotted the ball into the back of the net for his first goal of the season. 

HB’s next encounter is away to ÍF Fuglafjørður where they often have struggled in the past, and although HB scored three goals today, they were all results of defensive blunders which they can´t expect ÍF to make three of as well…

EB/Streymur - B36 Tórshavn 5-0 (2-0)
0-1 Høgni Eysturoy
0-2 Benjamin Heinesen
0-3 Hans Pauli Samuelsen
0-4 Owngoal (Árni G. Olsen)
0-5 Lukasz Cieslewicz

Although EB/Streymur were stubborn almost to half time, they were never going to last 90 minutes against B36 who scored twice in quick succession just before half-time; Høgni Eysturoy heading home the opener from a corner. 

Víkingur - ÍF Fuglafjørður 4-2 (1-0)
1-0 Filip Djordjevic
2-0 Finnur Justinussen
2-1 Jan Ellingsgaard
3-1 Súni Olsen
4-1 Hanus Jacobsen
4-2 Andy Olsen

Víkingur had to win to set up the gigantic battle against B36 next Sunday which possibly can be a title decider, and Víkingur got on winning course within three minutes after a solo run by Filip Djordjevic.

The home team doubled their lead five minutes through the second leg through Finnur Justinussen, and although Jan Ellingsgaard pulled a goal back around the hour-mark, Víkingur restored their two-goal cushion after 77 minutes directly from a free kick from Súni Olsen who just recently had returned from a lengthy injury. 

If Olsen’s goal was excellent, Hanus Jacobsen's goal seven minutes later was beyond incredible as he bombarded a volley into the top corner to make it 4-1 before Andy Olsen grabbed a last minute consolation for ÍF.

NSÍ Runavík - FC Suðuroy 5-1 (3-1)
0-1 Salmundur Bech
1-1 Klæmint Olsen 
2-1 Árni Frederiksberg
3-1 Árni Frederiksberg
4-1 Christian Høgni Jacobsen
5-1 Árni Frederiksberg

NSÍ quickly recovered from Suðuroy’s shock start when Salmundur Bech gave the visitors the lead within five minutes, because 10 minutes later the home team had turned the deficit into a 2-1 lead through Klæmint Olsen and Árni Frederiksberg. 

NSÍ continued to dominate throughout the match and Frederiksberg made it 3-1 directly from a free kick late in the first half. 

Christian Høgni Jacobsen then made it 4-1 after an hour before Frederiksberg a few minutes later completed his hat trick as he lobbed over Suðuroy’s stand-in goalkeeper Kári Jacobsen.

TB Tvøroyri - KÍ Klaksvík 1-1 (0-1)
0-1 Heðin Klakstein
1-1 Owngoal (Sørmundur Kalsø)

Heðin Klakstein's goal after a quarter of an hour looked to have won KÍ the match, but five minutes from time KÍ scored an embarrassing owngoal when Sørmundur Kalsø's attempted header to his own goalkeeper elegantly sailed over him and into the goal. 

Faroe Islands Football | Fixtures/Results | Table | Top Scorers