August 07 & 09, 2015:
Round 20 of the premier division "Effodeildin":

August 07:

KÍ Klaksvík - HB Tórshavn 2-0 (1-0)
1-0 Ndende Adama Gueye
2-0 Heðin Klakstein

Once a title contender, HB are now under pressure to even qualify for Europe next season as they were downed by KÍ who now trail HB by only two points for the crucial 4th place in the table. This was the fourth time in succession HB failed to win, and they have only won two of their last seven matches. 

KÍ took the lead just before half-time when Senegalese Ndende turned in from Henry Heinesen's free kick. 

HB have struggled all season to come up with a response when falling behind, and that was also the case this time, and instead it was KÍ who sealed their victory in added time when Heðin Klakstein poked in after some back and forth.

Earlier in the week, HB learned that striker Arnbjørn Hansen will likely be out for the rest of the season after all, having earlier received a more positive assessing of his injury. 

August 09:

B36 Tórshavn - NSÍ Runavík 3-0 (1-0)
1-0 Odmar Færø
2-0 Alex Mellemgaard
3-0 Hans Pauli Samuelsen

After NSÍ had had a slight edge in the first 15 minutes of the game and Jann Martin Mortensen had a shot across the face of goal, B36 dominated the rest of the match and at times played championship quality football with slick combinations from especially Hans Pauli Samuelsen and Lukasz Cieslewicz with the latter hitting the crossbar midway through the first half with a clever shot from the edge of the penalty area.  

B36 had other chances as well but had to wait until just before half time when centre-back Odmar Færø headed B36 in the lead after a well-rehearsed corner from Samuelsen where Færø with speed runs to the near post.

NSÍ proved no threat in the second half and weren´t helped by an injury to top scorer Klæmint Olsen who was stretchered off after 50 minutes. NSÍ were effectively closed down during the entire second half and found it difficult to come forward, and after 70 minutes Róaldur Jacobsen should have doubled the lead for B36 as he had a free sight of goal, but placed his shot just wide.

A few minutes later another excellent attack went close for B36 where Samuelsen combined with Cieslewicz who rattled the crossbar once more.

But it was just delaying the pain for NSÍ as B36 doubled their lead within a couple of minutes with a direct corner from Alex Mellemgaard.

With some 10 minutes to go NSÍ were caught on the brake and Samuelsen got clear on goal and fired low past Andras Gango to make it 3-0.

With the victory, B36 opened up a 5-point gap at the top of the table and few hurdles now lay in the way of B36 to retain the title which they never have managed before.  

They have Víkingur at home in round 22 and KÍ Klaksvík on away-soil in round 25 which are possibly the only hurdles left. They also meet HB in the Tórshavn derby in round 23, but as HB’s current state is, that should hardly bring B36 problems.

On Wednesday 12 August NSÍ visit Víkingur in a match that has been brought forward from 27 August, to give the two teams time to prepare for the cup final 29 August.

FS Suðuroy - TB Tvøroyri 2-2 (2-0)
1-0 Jón Krosslá Poulsen
2-0 Palli Augustinussen
2-1 Rógvi Joensen
2-2 Albert Adu

Spokespeople for both clubs though the match should never have gone ahead because of the severe wind which only increased even more in the second half. As the weather forecast for tomorrow is much kinder, the decision should have been taken to postpone the match until tomorrow – which would have been easy as both teams are from the island of Suðuroy. The referee probably didn't want to make another 2-hour journey by ferry tomorrow, so unfortunately he allowed the match to be played today.

And the match became a dramatic affair – at least the end as TB Tvøroyri equalized to 2-2 by a penalty in the 96th minute after FC Suðuroy had led 2-0 at half time.

FC Suðuroy took advantage of the tailwind in the first half and laid siege on the TB goal and took the lead through Jón Krosslá Poulsen in the 27th minute. Palli Augustinussen doubled the lead from a corner after 38 minutes. 

Suðuroy then had to try to withstand the wind, that had now increased even more, and TB in the second half. That lasted 18 minutes through the second half when Rógvi Joensen headed in from a long throw in. 

Suðuroy appeared to have made enough for three invaluable points in the relegation zone, but in the 6th minute of added time, the referee awarded TB a penalty which Albert Adu converted safely with the last kick of the match. 

In the aftermath goal scorer Krosslá Poulsen was given a red card.

With a victory, Suðuroy would have opened up a 5-point gap on AB Argir who they compete with in the relegation zone, but as the difference is only three points now, nothing is decided.  The two teams meet in round 24.

AB Argir - Víkingur 0-0
With the stalemate today, Víkingur drop seven points behind leaders B36 which all but ends Víkingur's title hopes. For AB the point is a valuable one which means they will overtake FC Suðuroy on goal difference, if they win one more match than Suðuroy (and get as many draws).

ÍF Fuglafjørður - EB/Streymur 4-1 (2-1)
1-0 Ari Ellingsgaard
2-0 Nenad Saric
2-1 Andras Olsen
3-1 Andy Olsen
4-1 Jan Ellingsgaard

Having fallen behind 2-0 in the 37th minute, EB/Streymur got a glimmer of hope when centre-back Andras Olsen pulled a goal back shortly before half-time. But the hope faded again when substitute Andy Olsen made it 3-1 in the 78th minute and Jan Ellingsgaard 4-1 a couple of minutes from time.

Faroe Islands Football | Fixtures/Results | Table | Top Scorers