June 25 to 27, 2015:
Round 17 of the premier division "Effodeildin":

June 25:

ÍF Fuglafjørður - FC Suðuroy 3-3 (1-0)
1-0 Dánjal á Lakjuni
1-1 Valerian Lobashvili
1-2 Jón Krosslá Poulsen
2-2 Clayton Soares
2-3 Mamuka Toronjadze
3-3 Adeshina Lawal

Having lead twice, but coming from behind and surviving a penalty, FC Suðuroy will have mixed feelings about tonight’s draw, but as they move five points above fellow strugglers AB Argir who play against B36 Tórshavn on Friday, they will be content with that situation going into the month-long summer break. 

ÍF took the lead after half an hour when Clayton Soares set up Dánjal á Lakjuni for the opener, but the visitors came storming out of the blocks in the second half and within five minutes Valerian Lobashvili had headed home the equalizer from a free kick. 

ÍF had a glorious opportunity to regain the lead on a penalty within a couple of minutes, but Ari Ellingsgaard fired well over from the spot. 

Instead Suðuroy took the lead with 20 minutes remaining through Jón Krosslá Poulsen who had been played through. 

But the lead was short-lived as Soares netted just few minutes later, but just to get behind once more as Mamuka Toronjadse volleyed FC Suðuroy in the lead following a corner after 80 minutes.

However, just as last time, ÍF salvaged a 3-3 draw as Adeshina Lawal poked in from a corner five minutes from time. 

June 26

AB Argir - B36 Tórshavn 1-3 (1-1)
0-1 Høgni Eysturoy
1-1 Jógvan Andreas Skeel Nolsøe
1-2 Høgni Eysturoy
1-3 Róaldur Jakobsen

Having heard the news that NSÍ had only gotten a point in their match against KÍ, B36 looked to have wasted their chance to go clear at the top of the table as they were drawing 1-1 with AB.

However, in the 89th minute right back Høgni Eysturoy was on place to secure B36 the three points. It was also Eysturoy who had given B36 the lead in the 7th minute, but were cancelled out by Jógvan Andreas Skeel Nolsøe’s goal late in the first half.

In added time Róaldur Jakobsen increased to 3-1.

Víkingur - HB Tórshavn 3-0 (2-0)
1-0 Gunnar Vatnhamar
2-0 Heðin Hansen
3-0 Atli Gregersen

Víkingur were superior throughout the 90 minutes against a lacklustre HB team that never looked capable of threatening.

Víkingur had the strong wind in their back in the first half, and used it well against a HB defence that was all over the place and it just looked like a question of time until Víkingur would score. 

But the goal was a gift though, as the ball was given away and Gunnar Vatnhamar got clear on goal and fired low past Teitur Gestsson.

Three minutes later it was 2-0, but before that Filip Djordjevic had managed to squander a sitter he got clear with two team-mates beside him, but it mattered little, as Heðin Hansen shortly after scored with an absolute cracker from 25 metres into the top corner.

HB had close to nothing going forward, and they were probably hoping they would do better with a tailwind in the second half.

But that script never materialized as HB immediately were forced back on their own half and never managed to put a sustained pressure on Víkingur.

Instead it was Víkingur who effectively ended the contest after 65 minutes when they - characteristically for the match – won the duels in the penalty area and centre-back Atli Gregersen slotted in from close range.

Excuses or not, the fact is that HB have rarely started with the same 11 players, and with Fróði Benjaminsen, Andrew av Fløtum and Arnbjørn Hansen sidelined through injury (Arnbjørn came on after the third goal), HB lack qualities to challenge at the top.

At this moment, Víkingur appears to be the best team and could very well snatch the title come 3 October. 

But as the transfer window now opens, that could again shift the power balance if B36 are going to invest as they are in need of a class striker if they are to keep Víkingur behind them.

KÍ Klaksvík - NSÍ Runavík 3-3 (2-1)
1-0 Heðin Klakstein
1-1 Klæmint Olsen
2-1 Kenan Hajdarevic
2-2 Magnus Olsen
2-3 Jónhard Frederiksberg
3-3 Henry Heinesen

NSÍ Runavík, failed to win for the 4th time in succession, and their once comfortable lead has now been eaten up by B36 who lead them by two points, and with Víkingur in hot pursuit just a point behind NSÍ.

The match started in frantic pace, Heðin Klakstein and Klæmint Olsen cancelling each other out in the 5th and 12th minute.

The home team took the half-time lead however with a Kenan Hajdarevic header 

But NSÍ drew level again within two minutes of the restart through Magnus Olsen, and went on to take the lead a quarter of an hour later thanks to Jónhard Frederiksberg.

The lead lasted less than 10 minutes though as Henry Heinesen equalized on a penalty.

June 27:

TB Tvøroyri - EB/Streymur 3-2 (1-1)
1-0 Carl Mikkjal Bech
1-1 Niels Pauli Danielsen
2-1 Albert Adu
3-1 Teitur Justinussen
3-2 Andras Olsen

Two fates were likely sealed with today’s result as TB Tvøroyri with an 11-point gap to AB Argir in 9th place will not be caught in the remaining 10 games of the season, wile EB/Streymur on the other hand won’t be able to catch FC Suðuroy 8 points ahead in 8th place. 

It was not quite the thriller as the 3-2 result could suggest, as EB/Streymur’s second goal was the last kick of the match deep into added time against 10-man TB who had goal scorer Carl Mikkjal Beck sent off a minute before the end of normal time. 

It was also Bech who had shot TB into the lead after a quarter of an hour with his first senior goal. TB continued to dominated and hit the post, but EB/Streymur equalized 10 minutes before half time as Niels Pauli Danielsen tucked in a rebound off goalkeeper Ivan Stojkovic’s initial save. 

But TB regained the lead on the hour-mark when Albert Adu, who had just come off the bench, scored on a rebound off the post.

The match appeared to be decided when Teitur Justinussen made it 3-1 a couple of minutes before the end of normal time although Andras Olsen scored for EB/Streymur right at the death. 

Faroe Islands Football | Fixtures/Results | Table | Top Scorers