June 20 and 21, 2015:
Round 16 of the premier division "Effodeildin":

June 20:

NSÍ Runavík - TB Tvøroyri 0-0

Just one point for NSÍ in their last three matches could mean that their once quite healty lead on top of the table will have vanished should B36 Tórshavn beat KÍ Klaksvík on Sunday, although NSÍ will still be leading on goal difference. Also Víkingur and HB Tórshavn are likely to close in to within 3 points as they on paper have weaker opposition. 

Although TB had great chances to score - for example a long range effort from captain Rógvi Joensen clipped the crossbar - NSÍ had even more and a host of sitters were squandered and for example Meinhard Olsen hit the post, but top scorer Klæmint Olsen was the bigger sinner though, as he slotted well wide when clear on goal. 

Are NSÍ faltering? Their next match - and the last before the month-long summer break - is away aginst KÍ Klaksvík who have lost only once this season. 

June 21:

B36 Tórshavn – KÍ Klaksvík 2-1 (1-1)
1-0 Jákup á Borg (pen)
1-1 Heðin Klakstein
2-1 Lukasz Cieslewicz

KÍ had a majority of the chances, but B36 were more efficient in front of goal to snap victory and join NSÍ Runavík at the top of the table. 

Against the run of play, B36 took the lead in their first attempt on goal late in the first half when the referee awarded B36 a penalty for hands, which also had KÍ coach Mikkjal Thomassen dismissed for his heavy protests. Anyway, Jákup á Borg coolly scored from the penalty spot.

Few moments later KÍ were level again though as Heðin Klakstein – son of B36 coach Eyðun Klakstein - equalized with an excellent shot.

The visitors also had the majority of chances in the second half, but squandered them all, and then Polish magician Lukasz Cieslewicz, who just has extended his contract with the club to the end of 2017, waved his magic wand and secured B36 the victory with a solo effort around the hour mark.

EB/Streymur - HB Tórshavn 0-3 (0-1)
0-1 Christian R. Mouritsen
0-2 Levi Hanssen
0-3 Andrew av Fløtum

It was a walk in the park for HB who did just about enough, and not much more, against the bottom team who must be considered as the weakest team in the top division for many years. 

HB had two new – although old acquaintances – players in midfield in Heini Vatnsdal and Rókur av Fløtum Jespersen, and especially the latter should add some flair to HB’s sometimes static play, and he also did that today before he was kicked down late in the first half and had to go off injured. 

Before that he had been involved with HB’s opening goal in the 12th minute where he made a dummy so the ball reached Andrew av Fløtum, although it was a tackle that provided Christian R. Mouritsen the ball just inside the penalty area from where he curled it beautifully into the top corner on the far side.

Apart from that, HB created no real scoring opportunities, although they had a clear majority of possession - except some curling crosses and attempts from Mouritsen of which one hit the top side of the crossbar. 

HB went close again early in the second half when centre back Réne S. Joensen – today, together with Fróði Benjaminsen, replacement for normal pair Johan Troest Davidsen (suspension) and Rógvi Holm – won a ball in defence and surged forward before he released Levi Hanssen who got clear, but shot wide. 

After this, EB/Streymur had a few minutes where they managed to put some pressure on HB, but it quickly wore off again, and instead Hanssen got another opportunity to make it good with a downwards header from close range after a fine cross from Andrew av Fløtum near the by-line after 60 minutes. 

Provider av Fløtum turned goal scorer a few minutes later when he juggled a couple of times inside the penalty area, left to the goal, before he volleyed the ball into the far side of the goal to make it 3-0.

But if HB have intention of beating Víkingur on Friday, they’ll have to up their game as it was too dull today. 

ÍF Fuglafjørður - AB Argir 3-3 (0-2)
0-1 Jógvan Andreas Skeel Nolsøe
0-2 Kristin R. Mouritsen
1-2 Nenad Saric
1-3 Hørður Mohr
2-3 Clayton Soares
3-3 Bartal Eliasen

AB Argir looked set to record their first victory of the season as they were leading both 2-0 and 3-1, but two goals from ÍF in the closing stages spoiled the party.

AB romped to a 2-0 lead after half an hour with goals from Jógvan Andreas Skeel Nolsøe, and although Nenad Saric pulled a goal back a quarter of an hour through the second half, Hørður Mohr restored AB’s two-goal cushion in the 78th minute. 

AB then sat back to defend their lead while ÍF seized the initiative and sent centre-back Bartal Eliasen forward. And in the 87th minute it was he who won the aerial duel to set up Clayton Soares to reduce the deficit, and in added time, Elisasen – born in 1976 and plays with no. 76 on his back - headed home the equalizer with his 100th goal for ÍF (he as a few for GÍ Gøta too).

The match was played at Víkingur’s stadium at Sarpugerði, as ÍF are currently shifting their artificial surface with a  new one at their home ground at Fløtugerði. 

FC Suðuroy - Víkingur 1-3 (1-2)
0-1 Filip Djordjevic
0-2 Andreas Lava Olsen
1-2 Christian Ibeagha 
1-3 Hjartvard Hansen

Víkingur scored twice in the latter half of the first period when Filip Djordjevic tucked in a rebound after Suðuroy goalkeeper Rani Johannesen had saved from Finnur Justinussen's initial attempt. Andreas Lava Olsen made it 2-0 just before half time.

However, the home team got back in the match on the stroke of half-time as Nigerian defender Christian Ibegeaha netted from a free kick. 

The second half was quite even, but as the match was drawing to a close, Djordjevic set up Hjartvard Hansen to seal the win for Víkingur.

Faroe Islands Football | Fixtures/Results | Table | Top Scorers