May 17, 2015:
Round 12 of the premier division "Effodeildin":

AB Argir - HB Tórshavn 0-1 (0-0)
0-1 Levi Hanssen (pen)

10-men HB needed a penalty before taking the lead on the hour mark, but before that HB had created a handful of scoring opportunities.

Especially Alex dos Santos, who has been in his best shape for some time, went close after HB had moved the ball from right to left before Santos with a diagonal shot bombarded the ball on the far post after a quarter of an hour. 

Santos went close again later with a free kick, but a long arm from AB goalkeeper Heðin Stenberg and the crossbar saved in tandem. 

Before that Fróði Benjaminsen failed to connect properly from close range where you would have bet on him to score. 

AB were rare guests in HB’s penalty area, but did threaten a couple of times on counterattacks but failed to hit the target.

HB’s attacking play had been hampered early in the first half as Christian R. Mouritsen went off injured, and five minutes before the break forward Andrew av Fløtum was sent off for a second yellow card as the referee deemed him to have tackled with studs first – which av Fløtum denied angrily. He had looked a bit edgy throughout the game and wasn’t calmed when the referee didn’t show an AB player the yellow card for a similar foul av Fløtum himself had gotten his first yellow for.

But it was still 10-men HB who threatened in the second half where Fróði Benjaminsen was close a couple of times and where the speed of René S. Joensen created havocs for the AB defenders, and it was with a through-ball after 60 minutes that Joensen outpaced the defenders and was in the end pushed inside the penalty area which produced a penalty and a red card for Rói Danielsen.

Levi Hanssen calmly converted from the spot. 

The last 30 minutes were a nervous wait for HB as AB did manage put HB under some pressure, although they failed to create clear-cut scoring opportunities. HB’s defence looked shaky at times, but luckily for them, AB doesn’t have the finishing qualities upfront. – The closest to score was goalkeeper Heðin Stenberg who had come forward for a corner late in the game and headed on the crossbar (maybe with the HB-goalkeeper’s hands behind).

HB could also have increased at the other end on the counter, where especially Joensen – who consistently puts in high-class performances - was the danger-man. After a failed season last year, which was also effected by injury, the attacking midfielder (which he has been turned into now having been a centre-back/full-back) now seems to really be enjoying himself, and for HB hopefully so much that he won’t return to Denmark in the summer break as has been announced. HB just can’t live without him. 

On Thursday HB visit NSÍ Runavík in the first leg of the semi-final in the cup competition, but will have to cape without av Fløtum and possibly Mouritssen, if he doesn’t recover from his injury. And Arnbjørn Hansen is hardly fit to play 90 minutes having just returned from a hamstring injury. 

FC Suðuroy - NSÍ Runavík 1-3 (1-1)
0-1 Magnus Olsen
1-1 Jón Krosslá Poulsen
1-2 Pól Jóhannus Justinussen
1-3 Haraldur Højgaard

Having cancelled each other out in the first half with goals for the visitors from Magnus Olsen in the third minute and a typical Jón Krosslá Poulsen powerful strike for the hosts after a quarter of an hour, NSÍ started strongly in the second half and scored twice in the space of a couple of minutes around the hour mark to keep their buffer at the top of the table at three points. Pól Jóhannus Justinussen scored his fourth goal in three matches to make it 2-1 while Haraldur Højgaard made it 3-1.

EB/Streymur - B36 Tórshavn 0-2 (0-0)
0-1 Andrias Eriksen
0-2 Jákup á Borg (pen)

Already a team with limited resources, and today with three regulars injured, EB/Streymur were never going to withstand B36 for 90 minutes, although the managed to half-time. 

Within ten minutes of the second half centre-back Andrias Eriksen netted for the visitors following some ping-pong after a cross, and inside the last 10 minutes of the match Jákup á Borg doubled the scoring from a penalty.

ÍF Fuglafjørður - Víkingur 1-3 (0-1)
0-1 Atli Gregersen
0-2 Finnur Justinussen
0-3 Andreas Lava Olsen
1-3 Clayton Soares

ÍF were no match for Víkingur today who took the lead after 13 minutes through central back Atli Gregersen back from a two-match suspension. 

The same number of minutes had elapsed of the second half when Finnur Justinussen doubled Víkingur’s lead, and 13 minutes later Andreas Lava Olsen added a third before Clayton Soares scored a consolation for ÍF. 

On Thursday Víkingur take on B36 in the first leg of semi-finals in the cup competition.

KÍ Klaksvík - TB Tvøroyri 1-0 (1-0)
1-0 Heðin Klakstein

There is a stark contrast between KÍ Klaksvík’s away-form, where they are the worst performing team, and their home-form where they rank second in the table. 

After their lacklustre performance against HB earlier in the week, KÍ put on one of their best displays of the season today, although only winning by the lone goal shortly before the half-hour from Heðin Klakstein who had been played clear with only the goalkeeper to beat which he did from an acute angle.

Although TB had a couple of attempts on the goal of Fríði Sigurðsson - who had released normal no. one, Meinhardt Joensen, who has looked suspicious at times this season – KÍ were closer to increase their lead at the other end where especially Páll Klettskarð wasted a host of opportunities – amongst them a penalty Ivan Stojkovic  saved in the 82nd minute after Teitur Justinussen had saved with his hands which he also was sent off for. 

Faroe Islands Football | Fixtures/Results | Table | Top Scorers