May 08 - 10, 2015:
Round 10 of the premier division "Effodeildin":

May 08:

ÍF Fuglafjørður - NSÍ Runavík 3-0 (2-0)
0-1 Pól Jóhannus Justinussen
0-2 Pól Jóhannus Justinussen
0-3 Klæmint Olsen 

After a first half where ÍF at times had the upper hand, NSÍ came out for the second half looking much sharper and a goal looked imminent. It – which became two – where scored in quick succession after some 70 minutes with headers from Pól Jóhannus Justinussen.

Deep into added time top scorer Klæmint Olsen rubbed salt in the ÍF-wounds with his 13th goal of the season as he shrugged of defenders and goalkeeper in the goal area before he turned to poke in.

May 09:

FC Suðuroy - B36 Tórshavn 1-3 (0-2)
0-1 Lukasz Cieslewicz
0-2 Hans Pauli Samuelsen
1-2 Bui Egilsson
1-3 Hans Pauli Samuelsen

The visitors took only 10 minutes to take the lead when Lukasz Cieslewicz took advantage of a backpass to the goalkeeper that went horribly wrong. Midway through the first half Hans Pauli Samuelsen doubled the lead with an easy finish after Ibrahima Camara set him up having gotten past a couple of defenders.

B36 seemed to be cruising, but 10 minutes through the second half substitute Búi Egilsson pulled a goal back with a header from a corner, and it wasn’t until added time that B36 sealed the victory when Cieslewicz set up Samuelsen for an easy goal. 

On Thursday B36 visit leaders NSÍ Runavík. 

May 10:

TB Tvøroyri - HB Tórshavn 1-1 (0-0)
0-1 Fróði Benjaminsen
1-1 Albert Adu

HB don’t seem to really be able to compete at the very top as they again failed to win and let the gap to NSÍ and B36 increase to eight and five points again, respectively. 

After stalemate in the first 45 minutes in the very windy conditions, HB managed to put TB under pressure from the start of the second half and reaped the reward within 10 minutes when Fróði Benjaminsen head in from Levi Hanssen’s corner . 

But TB’s never say die attitude earned them yet another draw when substitute Patrik Johannesen played Dutch forward Albert Adu clear for the equalizer eight minutes later.

AB Argir - EB/Streymur 1-2 (0-1)
0-1 Brian Olsen
1-1 Kristin R. Mouritsen
1-2 Leif Niclasen

AB Argir were sucked deeper into the relegation abyss as EB/Streymur recorded their first victory of the season. 

EB/Streymur took the lead after a quarter of an hour when midfielder Brian Olsen headed in from Arnar Dam’s cross.

AB started strongly after the break and the pressure paid dividend 15 minutes from time with a classy finish from Kristin R. Mouritsen. 

But the joy was short-lived as AB gave away the ball in midfield and EB/Streymur countered through Leif Niclasen who got clear to finish past the AB goalkeeper two minutes after the equalizer.

KÍ Klaksvík - Víkingur 3-2 (2-1)
0-1 Finnur Justinussen
1-1 Jóannes Bjartalíð
2-1 Atli Danielsen
3-1 Henry Heinesen (pen)
3-2 Hanus Jacobsen

With their second defeat in succession, Víkingur’s title hope is fading away and their only chance to get into the title race again is probably that NSÍ Runavík and B36 Tórshavn draw in the top clash on Thursday.  – A victory for either of them, the gab will likely be too wide to make up again.   

After Víkingur took an early lead through Finnur Justinussen after KÍ had failed to clear properly, the home-team had turned the match on its head after half an hour with two goals in five minutes; first through Jóannes Bjartalíð with a tap-in from Evrard Blé’s cross and then with a long range drive from Atli Danielsen.

KÍ all but decided the match in the 83rd minute with a spot kick from Henry Heinesen after Víkingur goalkeeper Geza Turi rather clumsily had brought down Páll Klettskarð.

Three minutes later Turi got a direct red card together with American Mayowa Oladele Alli after the two had clashed. 

Víkingur got some hope when Hanus Jacobsen pulled a goal back two minutes into the five minutes of added time, but it was too little too late. 

With the victory for KÍ they climbed to 5th spot in the table – now equal on points with Víkingur.

Faroe Islands Football | Fixtures/Results | Table | Top Scorers