March 14 & 15, 2015:
Round 03 of the premier division "Effodeildin":

March 14:

FC Suðuroy - TB Tvøroyri 1-3 (0-1)
0-1 Franck Odje Able
1-1 Jón Krosslá Poulsen
1-2 Patrik Johannesen
1-3 Patrik Johannesen

It might be a bold statement so early in the season, but the writing on the wall indeed seems to be written in bold for FC Suðuroy who look doomed after their third loss in as many games having lost 3-1 against TB Tvøroyri in the “Soutern Isle derby”. 

The visitors took an early lead through Ivory Coast-born Frenchman Franck Odje Able who took advantage as the goalkeeper failed to properly collect a high cross.

But FC Suðuroy restored parity on the hour-mark as Jón Krosslá Poulsen scored from inside the penalty area after TB had failed to clear from a free kick.

However, TB restored their lead 20 minutes later when Patrick Johannesen slotted home from a cross, and before he netted again to make it 3-1 in added time, Suðuroy had had two men sent directly off; midfielder Høgni Madsen and defender Vallerian Lobashvili.

FC Suðuroy had all their foreigners in the starting line up today as they finally have gotten their work permit, but for Georgian Lobashvili that work permit had little affect as he will now be suspended – perhaps for several matches.

EB/Streymur - ÍF Fuglafjørður 2-2 (0-0)
1-0 Andras Olsen
1-1 Owngoal (Rógvi E. Nielsen)
1-2 Andy Olsen
2-2 Leif Niclasen

After a dull first hour with few scoring opportunities the match burst into life as ÍF Fuglafjørður came from behind to take the lead to surrender it again, and in the end were lucky to escape with the draw as EB/Streymur hit the upright in the dying moments.

It was centre-back Andras Olsen who headed EB/Streymur in front from a free kick around the hour, but the teams were level again ten minutes later when Rógvi E. Nielsen after a scramble was credited for an own goal (his 2nd owngoal of the season already - only top scorer Klæmint Olsen seems that lethal in front of goal).

A further 10 minutes later, ÍF took the lead through Andy Olsen who had started the game on the bench.

But the lead was short-lived as Leif Niclasen equalized three minutes later.

March 15:

B36 Tórshavn - NSÍ Runavík 3-0 (1-0)
1-0 Ibrahima Camara
2-0 Róaldur Jakobsen
3-0 Gestur B. Dam

Having won their first two matches 6-1 and 5-1, NSÍ mostly looked like film extras today as they were comfortably beaten by defending champions B36 who won their first match of the season after draws in their two openers.

B36 opened the scoring seven minutes from the interval when forward Ibrahima Camara headed in after passive defending. The Senegalese  has now scored in all three of B36’s matches.

NSÍ so nearly equalized moments later, but B36 were saved by the post from Magnus Olsen’s strike.

In the second half B36 looked more likely to increase the lead than NSÍ reducing it, and that’s what happened just before the 60-minute mark when Hans Pauli Samuelsen set up Róaldur Jakobsen on the left to score from a slightly acute angle.

Six minutes later Samuelsen owned the assist again as he this time set up 20-year old Gestur B. Dam to score his first goal in the top flight with a fine shot to make it 3-0.

Shortly after, NSÍ defender Jens Joensen let the frustrations get to his head and got two yellow cards in the space of a few minutes to be dismissed.

KÍ Klaksvík - HB Tórshavn 0-2 (0-1)
0-1 Pál Mohr Joensen
0-2 Símun Samuelsen

HB dominated the first half very much and took the lead after only 8 minutes when Jógvan Rói Davidsen, Levi Hanssen and Fróði Benjaminsen combined to play Pál Mohr Joensen clear to finish with an excellent shot.

HB went close again shortly before half time when centre-back Gunnar Haraldsen’s header from a corner rattled the crossbar.

KÍ improved in the second half and Páll Klettskarð, Kenan Hajdarevic and Hjalgrím Elttør went close - and especially Ndende who headed on the crossbar - before HB decided the match in the 72nd minute through Símun Samulen after a blunder in the KÍ defence where a defender played the ball straight to Levi Hansen who forced a rebound from the goalkeeper before Samuelsen took advantage.

The goal was Samuelsen’s first touch of the ball – not just in this match, but of the season as he has been injured more or less throughout the last year and a half.

AB Argir - Víkingur 0-0
Víkingur, who are not shy of admitting title ambitions, drew for the third time as they were held by AB who also have drawn three time.

Last season a slow start cost Víkingur dearly, but as the other title candidates have also started slowly this season, Víkingur are only a couple of points off the pace.

Víkingur had most of the possession while AB were lurking around on the counter attacks. Víkingur went close a couple of time in the closing stages, but AB managed to hold out.

Faroe Islands Football | Fixtures/Results | Table | Top Scorers