March 07 & 08, 2015:
Round 02 of the premier division "Effodeildin":

March 07:

NSÍ Runavík – EB/Streymur 5-1 (1-1)
1-0 Owngoal (Rógvi E. Nielsen)
1-1 Rasmus Dan Sørensen
2-1 Klæmint Olsen
3-1 Árni Frederiksberg
4-1 Klæmint Olsen
5-1 Meinhard E. Olsen

Having equalized shortly before half-time, EB/Streymur were just a whisker from taking an immediate lead in the second half, but instead it was NSÍ who just a couple of minutes later scored twice to kill the contest, winning 5-1 in the end.

NSÍ were superior in the first half and took the lead after 17 minutes when defender Rógvi E. Nielsen under pressure from Klæmint Olsen turned a cross from Johan Jacobsen past his own goalkeeper.

But against the run of play, EB/Streymur equalized four minutes before half time as they countered through Niels Pauli Danielsen who set up Rasmus Dan Sørensen who finished clinically.

Jens Michael Jensen then sent a scare through the home-crowd as he was just centimetres from giving the visitors the lead, but within three minutes NSÍ were leading 3-1 from Árni Frederiksberg’s long range effort and Olsen’s header.

Olsen made his header count once again 11 minutes from time with his 5th goal already after only two goals, and in added time it was 17-year old prospect Meinhard E. Olsen who netted for his first senior goal after EB/Streymur goalkeeper Jákup Højgaard had initially saved from Olsen’s header.

March 08:

B36 Tórshavn - Víkingur 3-3 (2-3)
0-1 Andreas Lava Olsen
1-1 Hanus Thorleifsson
1-2 Andreas Lava Olsen
2-2 Jákup á Borg
2-3 Andreas Lava Olsen
3-3 Ibrahima Camara

Andreas Lava Olsen scored a hat trick as Víkingur took the lead three times against the defending champions, but it wasn’t enough as B36 equalized three times.

Víkingur were very much the best team during the first period, but gave away the initiative in the second half which ultimately cost them the win as Ibrahima Camara equalized for B36 with 10 minutes remaining.

Olsen had given the visitors the lead within three minutes as he took advantage when B36 gave away the ball, but B36 restored parity after 20 minutes with a deflected shot from Hanus Thorleifsson.

After another mistake in B36’s defence six minutes later, the ball once more ended at the feet of Olsen who regained the lead for Víkingur. But B36 drew level once more within 10 minutes with a shot from Jákup á Borg who now only need one goal to equal the all time scoring record in the top division held by John Petersen.

Víkingur could drink their tea with the lead, however, as Olsen completed his hat trick a couple of minutes before half time.

Víkingur seemed to have taken their foot off the pedal in the second half, and 10 minutes before the end of normal time Camara was at the end of a cross from á Borg to steer in the equalizer.

ÍF Fuglafjørður - HB Tórshavn 1-1 (1-1)
1-0 Kristoffur Jakobsen
1-1 Pál Mohr Joensen

Although ÍF had been under pressure for the majority of the second half, they rue two missed sitters in the dying minutes to snatch victory.

After an even and dull opening with no real scoring opportunities, ÍF took the lead midway through the first half thanks to Kristoffur Jakobsen following a free kick which the always energetic Dánjal á Lakjuni had drawn on the right flank. Although heavy protests from HB for off side, the referee would have none of it.

HB thereafter started to string some passes together and six minutes later Arnbjørn Hansen flicked the ball forward to Pál Mohr Joensen who cut into the pitch and let fly from the edge of the penalty area and in to the top corner for a beautiful equalizer.

HB, who played much better than a week ago against AB, continued to press forward and had a couple of close finished before the interval.

Having been played in excellent weather conditions in the first half the time of year taken into consideration, the conditions deteriorated in the second half as it had been snowing during half time and it became a bit slippery; however, it was well playable, though.

And it was HB who surged towards the ÍF goal for the majority of the second half and up to five to seven good  scoring opportunities were created, but none was made to count, however.

Fróði Benjaminsen was closest as he stretched to get a shot in from long range, hitting the crossbar, and from the rebound he hit the ball just wide of the goal with a scissors’ kick – a sequence that only Zlatan Ibrahimovic would be able to emulate.

Also Hansen was close with a diving header, but a super save from ÍF goalkeeper Predrag Markovic kept the ball out.

HB were left vulnerable at the back towards the end as they gambled for the win and ÍF had two sitters to win them the match, but both were shamefully squandered.

HB’s next fixture is a tricky away match against KÍ Klaksvík while ÍF visit EB/Streymur who haven’t really revealed yet what they are made of.

AB Argir - TB Tvøroyri 1-1 (0-1)
0-1 Heini Mikal Mortensen
1-1 Teitur Jóannesarson

The wind played a big part in both goals as AB and TB doubled their point tally with a 1-1 draw.

Heini M. Mortensen gave TB the lead directly from a wind assisted corner just before the half-hour mark, and within a quarter of an hour of the second half AB defender Teitur Jóannesarson intercepted an AB clearance in the centre circle from where he scored directly over the stranded goalkeeper.

KÍ Klaksvík - FC Suðuroy 3-0 (1-0)
1-0 Kenan Hajdarevic
2-0 Jákup B. Andreasen
3-0 Ndende Adama Guéye

At FC Suðuroy they think fate will change when their two Georgians become eligible to play (which will be in the next round – Today Nigerian defender Christian Ibegeaha was eligible to play ), but they will have to make a major impact as it seems like the newcomers are just not up to par with the rest of the field. 

KÍ took the lead after 37 minutes when Bosnian Kenan Hajdarevic netted in his debut for KÍ. 16-year old Jákup B. Andreasen doubled the lead on 70 minutes before Senegalese Ndende sealed the 3-0 win seven minutes from time.

Faroe Islands Football | Fixtures/Results | Table | Top Scorers