July 26 - 29 & August 6, 2011: Round 14 of the Vodafone Division:

July 26

ÍF Fuglafjørður - B68 Toftir 3-1 (2-1)
1-0 Christian Chinedu Muomaife
2-0 Christian Chinedu Muomaife
2-1 Ndende Adama Guéye
3-1 Nenad Saric

ÍF quickly took control of the game and took a 2-0 lead after some 30 minutes with both goals coming from Nigerian Chris Muomaife who proved that he’s regained full fitness after an injury plagued season.

ÍF took the lead after 11 minutes when Muomaife headed home from a corner. The second came on 34 minutes when Bogi Løkin released the Nigerian who after a fine solo run doubled the home-team’s advantage.

But B68 had improved by then and pulled a goal back just four minutes later with a header from the Senegalese Ndende Adama Guéye from a corner.

In the second half B68 continued their bright ending from the first half, but as ÍF held tight, B68’s pressure eventually faded away and three minutes before the end of normal time Serbian Nenad Saric sealed ÍF’s victory when Hanus Eliasen set him up for an easy finish.

In the very tight relegation battle ÍF jumped from 9th to 6th, while B68 dropped one place and are now under the drop-line.

July 27
Víkingur - EB/Streymur 3-1 (1-0)
1-0 Finnur Justinussen
1-1 Levi Hanssen
2-1 Erling Jacobsen
3-1 Finnur Justinussen

As Víkingur beat EB/Streymur 3-1 this evening, the title race now seems to be a two-horse race for the title, as EB/Streymur drop 6 points below Víkingur who take provisional top spot in the table. But B36 should find themselves at the summit again on Thursday as they play 07 Vestur. EB/Streymur would then be 8 points adrift.

Víkingur was the dominating team in the first half and took the lead not long after the half hour when Finnur Justinussen turned in a free kick from defender Erling Jacobsen.

But EB/Streymur started brightly in the second half and restored parity in the 63rd minute through a long range effort from Levi Hanssen who had been on the pitch for less than three minutes.

Víkingur brought on forward Andreas Lava Olsen shortly after which seemed to be a significant substitution as Víkingur started to dominate again and with ten minutes remaining they restored their lead with a direct free kick from Erling Jacobsen.

As EB/Streymur gambled in quest for the equalizer, Víkingur’s took advantage of the thin defence in the dying minutes as Justinussen was played clear for an easy goal.

July 28
B36 Tórshavn - 07 Vestur 1-0 (0-0)
1-0 Lukasz Cieslewicz

There wasn’t much to choose from between the two sides in the first half, but in the second half B36 had a slight upper hand.

But as time was ticking away, Polish striker Lukasz Cieslewicz finally got B36 out of jail as he struck from the edge of the penalty with 10 minutes left of the match to grab the victory and claw back the first position in the table; two points ahead of Víkingur and a massive 8 ahead of EB/Streymur who look to be out of contention for the title.

July 29
HB Tórshavn - NSÍ Runavík 0-0
Much of the play went on on NSÍ’s half in the first 20 minutes of the match, but then NSÍ started to threaten at the other end; first with a warning-shot straight on goalkeeper Teitur Gestsson and a few minutes later Christian Høgni hit the crossbar.

Shortly before halftime HB forward Símun Samuelsen was injured after an NSÍ challenge and was stretched off and was moved to the hospital by an ambulance. The extent of the injury is not known yet.

Christian Høgni Jacobsen went close for NSÍ a couple of minutes after the break, but in the last moment Gestsson stuck a leg out to block the shot from the acute angle from going in at the far side.

But it was HB who had majority of possession in the second half, but created few real scoring opportunities.

19 year Hallur Hansson, who has been at Aberdeen’s youth department, played his first match for HB’s first team and had a shot midway through the second half which Andras Gango in the NSÍ goal parried – but it probably wasn’t as dangerous as it looked.

But it was with a quarter of an hour remaining, Gango made a fantastic diving save to keep out a header from Andrew av Fløtum’s free kick.

That was the closest HB came to a goal.

If NSÍ´s title hopes were small before the game, they must now be considered non-existing as they drop 10 points behind leader B36 Tórshavn. NSÍ will hope EB/Streymur win the cup final on 5 August, so that NSÍ will qualify for the Europa League through their fourth place in the table.

August 06
KÍ Klaksvík - B71 Sandoy 1-2 (0-0)
0-1 Allan Tungá
0-2 Gudmund Nielsen
1-2 Bárður Heinesen

After a defeat to rock bottom B71, KÍ are in serious danger of relegation again. Although only two points separate 5 teams from the 9th spot in the table which means relegation, KÍ seem to be the weakest of those at the moment – except from HB Tórshavn, maybe. But surely HB will turn their fortune…

After a goalless first half, B71 took the lead five minutes through the second half thanks to Allan Tungá following a series of corners.

Shortly after, B71 goalkeeper Símun Rógvi Hansen saved a penalty from Hjalgrím Elttør. That was Hansen’s second save from a penalty in successive matches as he also saved against B36 last Tuesday.

Midway through the second half newly returned Gudmund Nielsen doubled the visitors’ advantage after a fine individual effort with his second goal in as many matches for B71.

KÍ pulled a goal back 10 minutes later through Bárður Heinesen following a corner.

But B71 held tight for the remaining 15 minutes to record their only second win of the season.

Although a glimmer of hope for B71, it is still mission impossible as they are still 9 points short of survival.

Faroe Islands Football | Fixtures/Results | Table | Top Scorers
Soccer and Equipment home

Share this page: