May 27, 2011: Round 10 of the Vodafone Division:

B36 Tórshavnn - Víkingur 2-0 (1-0)
1-0 Lukasz Cieslewicz (pen)
2-0 Súni Olsen

For the second time in succession B36 were challenged by no. 2 in the table and again B36 stood the test as they swept away Víkingur and opened up a 4-point gap at the top of the table.

B36 took the lead on a penalty from Polish forward Lukasz Cieslewicz in the 17th minute.

Víkingur had little to offer when going forward and when B36 made it 2-0 early in the second half, it looked like game over for Víkingur. It was Súni Olsen who scored with a fine shot against his former team-mates after the cutback from Cieslewicz.

Rather than Víkingur narrowing the deficit, it was B36 who were much closer to making it 3-0, but the chances went begging, however.

It’s looking good for B36. While B36 have relatively easier matches than their main competitors during the next rounds, the 4-point gap might even increase.

KÍ Klaksvík - ÍF Fuglafjørður 2-0 (0-0)
1-0 Kristoffur Jakobsen
2-0 Kristoffur Jakobsen

With another 3 points this evening, KÍ have virtually secured their place in the Vodafone Division for yet another season. With a gap of 8 points to ÍF Fuglafjørður and 07 Vestur in the crucial 9th place, it can´t go wrong for KÍ now, because they are going to get points at least as often as 07 Vestur for the rest of the season, and therefore the 8-point gap isn’t going to decrease much.

ÍF goalkeeper Jákup Mikkelsen had to be substituted after half an hour because of injury. Before that he had saved well from Ivan Joensen. It’s therefore unclear whether Mikkelsen will be ready for the internationals against Slovenia and Estonia in a week. Today he was released by the only 16-year old Hallgrím Gregersen Hansen.

Midway through the second half, the 16-year old goalkeeper was beaten by a clear Kristoffur Jakobsen after a solo run. A few moments later, ÍF were reduced to 10 men as Jan Ellingsgaard was shown red for a second bookable offence.

KÍ were quick to take advantage and went close with a header on the crossbar from Nenad Stankovic, before Jakobsen a few minutes later scored his second goal of the evening to make it 2-0.

ÍF, who will participate in the Europa League in the summer, are in real problems, but after a difficult match against B36 in the next round (13. June), ÍF have two easier opponents in the next two matches against B71 and 07 Vestur. That could become defining moments for ÍF.

07 Vestur - EB/Streymur 1-7 (0-2)
0-1 Daniel Udsen
0-2 Daniel Udsen
0-3 Arnbjørn Hansen
0-4 Daniel Udsen
0-5 Daniel Udsen
0-6 Leif Niclasen
0-7 Leif Niclasen
1-7 Clayton Soares

After a quiet start to the match, EB/Streymur took a 2-0 lead at half-time thanks to a brace from Daniel Udsen; the first after a low drive from 20 metres and the second from a header from a corner.

The match was effectively over when Arnbjørn Hansen made it 3-0 to the visitors early in the second half. A few moments later Udsen completed his hat trick directly on free kick. Udsen also made 5-0, before Leif Niclasen scored a brace. Clayton Soares scored a late consolation goal for 07 Vestur in the dying minutes.

EB/Streymur jump to 3rd place in the table, but still 5 points adrift of leaders B36. And as EB/Streymur have difficult matches in the next four rounds – amongst then away matches against NSÍ and Víkingur- B36’s lead looks quite comfortable for now.

B68 Toftir - NSÍ Runavík 1-1 (0-0)
0-1 Christian Høgni Jacobsen
1-1 Stig-Roar Søbstad

After a goalless first half, NSÍ took an immediate lead in the second half through Christian Høgni Jacobsen. But the lead didn´t last for long as B68 levelled the match 12 minutes later when left back Niklas Joensen set up Norwegian striker Stig-Roar Søbstad.

B71 Sandoy - HB Tórshavn 0-2 (0-0)
0-1 Andrew av Fløtum
0-2 Fróði Benjaminsen

HB finally won again as they beat rock bottom B71 2-0. But it took more that an hour until HB finally managed to penetrate the B71 defence when Andrew av Fløtum made it 1-0. Before that, HB had most of the possession, but failed to create clear-cut scoring opportunities.

With a 8 minutes remaining Fróði Benjaminsen settled HB’s nerves when he made it 2-0 from the penalty spot.

B71's Bogi Hermansen was given a red card at the end.

HB goalkeeper Marcin Dawid, who played his first match of the season, was substituted some 10 minutes through the second half because of injury.

Also 36-year old centre back Hans á Lag was in the team for the first time this season.

Faroe Islands Football | Fixtures/Results | Table | Top Scorers
Soccer and Equipment home

Share this page: