May 11 & 12, 2011: Round 07 of the Vodafone Division:

May 11

HB Tórshavn – Víkingur 1-2 (0-1)
0-1 Símin Hansen
0-2 Finnur Justinussen
1-2 Hendrik Rubeksen

The first half started very quietly and remained so for most of the half. Apart from an early Víkingur opportunity, the scoring opportunities were few and far between. HB found it extremely difficult to create anything against the well organized Víkingur defence that played with two very defensive midfielders in front of the 4-man defence.

However, it was Víkingur who had a clear majority of possession, but without creating clear-cut opportunities.

But 5 minutes before half time, Símin Hansen found the breakthrough for Víkingur with a bullet from 20 metres that crept in just inside the left post. – It was a cracking goal.

HB forward Símun Samuelsen came on for the second half where HB had upped the tempo considerably and started quite brightly. But clear-cut chances still eluded HB.

But around 10 minutes through the second half, Víkingur doubled their lead when Símin Hansen’s fine through-ball played Finnur Justinussen clear to make it 2-0.

HB then pulled a goal back with a quarter of an hour remaining when Fróði Benjaminsen headed Kristin R. Mouritsen’s cross back across to Hendrik Rubseksen who volleyed home from close range.

HB tried to press for the equalizer, but it rarely became really dangerous. And as Víkingur faked a couple of injuries – and fooled the referee, who unnecessary stopped the play – and used ages to make three substitutions, time quickly ebbed out and Víkingur held on to their 2-1 lead and deservedly won the match.

B68 Toftir - B36 Tórshavn 2-2 (0-2)
0-1 Jákup á Borg
0-2 Klæmint Matras
1-2 André Olsen (pen)
2-2 Jónleif Højgaard

At half time, B36 looked like a safe bet for the winning team, but that joy was spoiled as B68 grabbed an equalizer directly on a free kick in the 89th minute.

Jákup á Borg had given B36 the lead in the 4th minute as he scored on a rebound from B68 goalkeeper Tórður Thomsen who had saved á Borg’s initial effort. Klæmint Matras then netted for B36 again just before half time to make it 2-0 to the visitors.

But a quarter of an hour into the second half B68 turned started to put B36 under pressure which paid dividend in the 66th minute when B36 goalkeeper made a clumsy penalty against Kristian Anton Andreasen. René Olsen made no mistake from the spot.

Although B68 had much of possession, they failed to create qualified scoring opportunities. But with less than two minutes left of normal time, Jónleif Højgaard snatched the equalizer directly on a freekick that went through the wall. B36 captain – and goalscorer – Klæmint Matras, who had committed the free kick, was given march orders for a second bookable offence.

B36, who are still unbeaten, stay on top of the table, but will drop to second if NSÍ Runavík beat ÍF Fuglafjørður on Thursday.

EB/Streymur - KÍ Klaksvík 2-0 (1-0)
1-0 Arnbjørn Hansen
2-0 Hans Pauli Samuelsen

With a 2-0 win over newly promoted KÍ, EB/Streymur won their first match in the last 4 attempts.

Arnbjørn Hansen brought EB/Streymur in front shortly before half time with an easy side-foot finish after a fine cross from Hans Pauli Samuelsen.

The provider then turned goal scorer around the hour-mark with a clever looping shot into far side. - But the KÍ goalkepper aught to have saved it.

KÍ had much possession in the last half an hour, but failed to create scoring opportunities.

07 Vestur - B71 Sandoy 2-1 (2-1)
1-0 Clayton Soares
2-0 Clayton Soares
2-1 Bojan Zivic

Having lost 9-0 on Sunday, 07 Vestur earned their first win of the season with a tight 2-1 win over fellow strugglers B71 Sandoy.

07 Vestur was the much better side during the first half where Brazilian Clayton Sorares scored a brace to open up a two-goal lead. The first goal came in the 13th minute when 42-year old Jens Erik Rasmussen got to the by-line and made the perfect cross for Soares to head home. The Brazilian scored again with seven minutes remaining of the first half.

But on the stroke of half time, B71 grabbed a lifeline when Serbian defender Bojan Zivic headed in from a corner.

B71 had chances for the equalizer in the second half – for example Høgni Midjord headed on the crossbar - but 07 Vestur survived the scare and leapfrog B71 in the standings to 9th place, which still will mean relegation.

May 12

NSÍ Runavík - ÍF Fuglafjørður 1-1 (0-1)
0-1 Christian Muomaife
1-1 Owngoal

NSÍ failed to capitalize on B36's loss of points yesterday and take the top spot in the table as they were held to a 1-1 draw against ÍF.

The match started in a high tempo and was for the most an even affair.

ÍF went close within the first 10 minutes when they hit the crossbar.

A few minutes before half time, Nigerian Christian Muomaife took advantage of NSÍ's passive defence and brought the visitors in from with a long range effort that went in off the post.

The match followed a similar pattern in the second half, and within 10 minutes NSÍ had restored parity when central defender Jens Joensen headed in from a corner (The goal has since been credited as a Pætur á Líknagøtu owngoal).

That was also the end result which lifts NSÍ to second place in the table, equal on points with Víkingur and 1 point adrift of leaders B36 Tórshavn. ÍF stay in 7th position.

Faroe Islands Football | Fixtures/Results | Table | Top Scorers
Soccer and Equipment home

Share this page: