April 25, 2011: Round 04 of the Vodafone Division:

B68 Toftir - HB Tórshavn 0-0

The heavy wind made it impossible to play any real football. Much of the wind was sideways, but B68 also had much of the wind in their back in the first half. Whether that’s better or not can be discussed.

In the first 10-15 minutes of the match, B68 had two decent finishes from outside, while HB after a scramble had a shot blocked inside the penalty area.

The wind eased slightly for a while (that’s in relative terms, as it was very windy all the time), but picked up again to “full strength” well before half time. Símun Samuelsen had a good opportunity for HB with a difficult volley after a cross from the left, but the effort was straight on B68 goalkeeper Tórður Thomsen.

After half an hour, B68’s Ibrahima Camara was released, but HB goalkeeper Heðin Stenberg was quick out of his goal to deny the Senegalese.

A few moments later, HB had the best opportunity of the first half. Thomsen saved the initial shot, but the ball rebounded to Fróði Benjaminsen who bombarded the ball onto the cross bar and behind, when he had the goal at his mercy. The goalkeeper needed treatment after the incident; it looked like the initial shot had hit him straight in his face.

At the other end, Stenberg made a terrific reflex diving save to keep B68 at bay, before Jón Krosslá Poulsen just before half time was played clear at the other end, but his finish was weak and Thomsen saved with relative ease. Whether the B68 defender had made an infringement to put the forward off, shall be unsaid, but Krosslá Poulsen was carried off the pitch after the incident. However, lying on the stretcher, he was given the red card. It was inevitable, as he in retaliation had planted an elbow in the body of the defender.

With a man in advantage, B68 put HB under heavy pressure from the start of the second half. The wind direction had also shifted so that B68 again had the wind in their back – at least for a while. Senegalese Ndende Adama Guéye, playing in defence, had come forward for a corner, but his free header was straight on the goalkeeper. Some minutes later, his compatriot, Camara had an even better opportunity, but the HB goalkepper made an excellent save with his legs to keep keep the effort out.

But after 10 minutes, the pressure wore of and the HB-goal was rarely at threat after that as the defence stood firm and midfield worked hard. HB had one opportunity to take the lead in the second half when Benjaminsen was clear around the goal-area, but his effort went straight into the palms of the goalkeeper. Benjaminsen usually doesn’t show such mercy. – Maybe he was just being nice to his former club where he was brought up…

But with virtually the last strike of the match, B68 should have grabbed the winner when Ahmed Keita got clear inside the penalty area, but HB goalkeeper Heðin Stenberg made a terrific block with his legs to deny a third Senegalese with a clear-cut scoring opportunity, and salvage a point for HB.

There could be no doubt that the 22 year old HB goalkeeper was the player of the match as he made a string of super saves. If he keeps developing, he could soon be in the frame for a spot in the national team. And he will not be in any immediate danger for losing his spot as HB's no. 1 even when Polish goalkeeper Marcin Dawid returns from injury. Stenberg came from relegated AB Argir ahead of the season.

HB visit ÍF Fuglafjørður on Friday, while B68 visit B71 Sandoy next Sunday.

07 Vestur – KÍ Klaksvík 3-3 (1-2)
1-0 Henning Joensen
1-1 Nenad Stankovic
1-2 Rudolf Eliasen
2-2 Clayton Soares
2-3 Clayton Soares
3-3 Kristoffur Jakobsen

The match was an encounter between the two newly promoted who had had very different faiths in the tournament so far. Before today’s match, KÍ were leading the table with maximum points while 07 Vestur still hadn’t recorded their first points. – But hey have now, while KÍ are still on top of the table after today’s 3-3 draw.

Henning Joensen’s opening goal for 07 Vestur, almost out of nothing, midway through the first half was cancelled out by Nenad Stankovic less than five minutes later, before Rudolf Eliasen gave the visitors the lead on the stroke of half time.

KÍ, with the wind in their back, had been the much better side in the first half and had created several scoring opportunities, but 07 Vestur improved much in the second half and took a 3-2 lead after 25 minutes with Brazilian magic from Clayton Soares who scored twice in two minutes.

However, with less than three minutes remaining of normal time, KÍ salvaged a point with a stunning long range effort from Kristoffur Jakobsen into the top corner. – A point that is enough to keep KÍ on top of the table, equal on points with EB/Streymur.

With difficult matches for 07 Vestur coming up against Víkingur and NSÍ Runavík, 07 Vestur could find be isolated with B71 Sandoy at the foot of the table after the next couple of matches and then it will be extremely difficult to survive.

On the 4th of May 07 Vestur take on KÍ once again; this time in the quarter-final of the cup competition.

EB/Streymur – NSÍ Runavík 2-2 (1-1)
1-0 Arnbjørn Hansen
1-1 Klæmint Olsen
2-1 Levi Hanssen
2-2 Debes Danielsen

EB/Streymur’s 100% record was broken as NSÍ earned a draw, having been behind twice.

Arnbjørn Hansen opened the scoring for the home-team midway through the first half, but NSÍ restored parity shortly after through Klæmint Olsen who was back in NSÍ attack after a two-day suspension.

EB/Streymur restored their lead through Levi Hanssen right after the start of the second half, but NSÍ once more forced an equalizer when Debes Danielsen scored midway through the half.

B36 Tórshavn - ÍF Fuglafjørður 1-1 (0-0)
1-0 Klæmint Matras
1-1 Høgni Zachariassen

After stalemate in the first half, where Bogi Løkin had been closest for ÍF when he rattled the crossbar, B36 finally broke the deadlock with some 20 minutes into the second half after a solo effort from Polish forward Lukasz Cieslewicz, who found Heini í Skorini who set up Klæmint Matras for an easy finish.

But the joy was shortlived as Høgni Zachariassen equalized with a header from a corner a couple of minutes later.

B36 had opportunities to clinch a winner late in the game, but Cieslewicz hit the post and Símun Joensen missed when it looked easier to score.

B71 Sandoy - Víkingur 0-6 (0-3)
0-1 Hanus Jacobsen
0-2 Kaj Leo í Bartalsstovu
0-3 Bárður J. Hansen
0-4 Kaj Leo í Bartalsstovu
0-5 Kaj Leo í Bartalsstovu
0-6 Finnur Justinussen

At the inauguration of their new artificial surface, B71 showed unheard of hospitality as they handed their opponents free gifts: Three goals in 22 minutes!

Víkingur took the lead after only 8 minutes through the fullback Hanus Jacobsen. Kaj Leo í Bartalsstovu doubled Víkingur’s lead three minutes later before Bárður J. Hansen made it 3-0 after 22 minutes.

Víkingur’s domination continued in the second half. Í Bartalsstovu made it 4-0 within 5 minutes of the restart before he completed his hat trick midway through the half to make it 5-0.

Finnur Justinussen ended the rout a few moments later to make it 6-0.

It’s hard to see how B71 cam avoid the drop come October.

Faroe Islands Football | Fixtures/Results | Table | Top Scorers
Soccer and Equipment home

Share this page: