April 09 - 11, 2011: Round 01 of the Vodafone Division:

April 09

EB/Streymur - Víkingur 2-1 (2-1)
1-0 Levi Hanssen
1-1 Sølvi Vatnhamar
2-1 Alex José dos Santos

Levi Hansen’s goal for EB/Streymur after 20 minutes was cancelled out only four minutes later by Sølvi Vatnhamar.

But a couple of minutes before the half time whistle, EB/Streymur were awarded a penalty when Daniel Udsen went down after a solo effort. Brazilian Alex dos Santos converted safely what proved to be the winning goal. Udsen told the website portal.fo that he had played a bit on it but that there was not doubt that it was a penalty, however.

Víkingur never got really close to an equalizer in the second half.

Last season’s top scorer, Arnbjørn Hansen, didn’t come on for EB/Streymur before close to the end as he has been sick during the week, and Rumanian Sorin Anghel was sidelined through injury.

April 10

NSÍ Runavík - HB Tórshavn 2-1 (1-1)
0-1 Jógvan Andrias Nolsøe
1-1 Klæmint Olsen
2-1 Debes Danielsen

HB took a 3rd minute lead when right back Hendrik Rubeksen knocked a long pass forward where Símun Samuelsen outpaced the NSÍ back to get near the by-line to make a square pass behind the central defenders where Jógvan Andrias Nolsøe, who played on top today, was completely clear to make the easy finish.

NSÍ didn’t look shocked by the early goal and quickly got their act together, and much of the play was going on on the HB half and chances started to come. After 10 minutes, Klæmint Olsen was close with a header and few moments later right back Jónhard Frederiksberg threatened with a drive from long distance.

NSÍ continued to press forward and a couple of minutes before the half-hour mark it paid dividend when a square pass got through the HB defenders to forward Klæmint Olsen who tamed the ball before he turned and fired the ball into the back of the net.

NSÍ continued to dominate the rest of the half, but without creating clear-cut chances. – Maybe a couple of efforts could be called half-chances.

At the other end HB had showed very little throughout the half.

NSÍ was again the better team from the start of the second half, but after a quarter of an hour HB took control of the match. Rógvi Poulsen, who strangely hadn’t come on before 10 minutes through the second half, was involved in much of the action this period. However, HB didn’t get really close and the clear-cut scoring opportunity didn’t come. It should also be mentioned that NSÍ striker Christian Høgni Jacobsen had gone off, probably injured, early in the second half, and it was quite clear that NSÍ suffered without him.

But after HB had dominated for 10-15 minutes, the pendulum swung the other way again and NSÍ started to press HB back. And with 7 minutes remaining of normal time, the pressure paid off. A corner travelled across the penalty area to Einar Hansen on the left who tried with a shot from the distance, but the miss-hit shot bounced onto the pitch and over the defenders to a completely clear Debes Danielsen for an easy goal.

In the closing stages, HB had a free kick in a dangerous position, but Símun Samuelsen curled the shot wide of goal.

The closing minutes also produced a red card for NSÍ goalscorer Klæmint Olsen for a vicious tackle from behind on Rógvi Poulsen who was left injured and was carried into the ambulance after the match.

B71 Sandoy - KÍ Klaksvík 0-6 (0-0)
0-1 Bárður J. Heinesen
0-2 Bárður J. Heinesen
0-3 Henry Heinesen
0-4 Hjalgrím Elttør
0-5 Sámal Olsen
0-6 Kristoffur Jakobsen

Newly promoted KÍ are topping the table after a 6-0 rout of B71 Sandoy, but the result itself doesn’t tell all the truth as B71 had two men sent off.

After 13 minutes Helgi Finnbogason was sent off for handling in the area, although the player claimed the ball had been shot onto his hand. KÍ were also awarded a penalty, but Hjalgrím Elttør, the captain, missed from the spot.

10-men B71 managed to hold KÍ from scoring throughout the first half, but when Serbian defender Bojan Zivic was sent off 5 minutes into the second half, the floodgates opened. From the 60th minute KÍ scored three goals in 4 minutes. Bárður J. Heinesen scored a brace before Henry Heinesen made it 3-0. KÍ scored three more in the last 12 minutes through Hjalgrím Elttør, Sámal Olsen and Kristoffur Jakobsen.

The match was played at AB Argir’s football ground as B71 are not finished yet to shifting their more than 20-year old and worn-out artificial surface with a new one. This has also hampered B71’s preparations as they have also had to train on a very small pitch in Tórshavn during the last three weeks.

07 Vestur - B36 Tórshavn 0-3 (0-1)
0-1 Róaldur Jacobsen
0-2 Símun Joensen
0-3 Róaldur Jacobsen

B36 comfortably beat newcomers 07 Vestur and the job was made even easier when Róaldur Jacobsen after only 3 minutes took advantage of a mix-up in the Vestur defence to put B36 ahead.

B36 dominated proceedings and doubled their lead around the hour-mark when Símun Joensen scored from a corner. Róaldur Jacobsen scored his second goal of the match with a fine long distance shot with a quarter of an hour remaining.

April 11

B68 Toftir - ÍF Fuglafjørður 3-4 (2-2)
1-0 Ibrahima Camara
1-1 Owngoal
1-2 Christian Chinedu Muomaife
2-2 Kristian Anthon Andreasen
2-3 Christian Chinedu Muomaife (pen)
2-4 Dánjal á Lakjuni
3-4 Owngoal

The 7-goal thriller between B68 and ÍF was very much affected by the strong wind across the pitch and as a consequence, all goals except the first one were scored from set pieces.

The home side took the lead after 8 minutes when Senegalese Ibrahima Camara lobbed ÍF goalkeeper Jákup Mikkelsen.

But ÍF were back on lever terms on the half-hour mark when Frank Poulsen scored directly on a corner (the goal has later officially been registered as an owngoal by B68 goalkeeper Tórður Thomsen). Three minutes before the end of first half’s normal time Nigerian forward Christian Muomaife brought the visitors in front directly on free kick.

But the joy was short-lived as B68 still found time for the equalizer before the half-time whistle when also Kristian Anthon Andreasen scored directly from a free kick.

ÍF opened op a two-goal cushion 12 minutes into the second half. First Christian Muoumaife scored his second goal of the night on a penalty before Dánjal á Lakjuni made 4-2 when he was at the end of a free kick that was knocked into the penalty area.

B68 brought excitement back into the game just 4 minutes later when Kristian Anthon Andreasen scored his second goal on the night, this time directly from a corner (the goal has since been registered as a Bartal Eliasen owngoal).

Although B68 rallied towards the end, ÍF survived the pressure.

Last season B68 lost only one match at home all season. But they were equally as bad away from home as they won only one away-game.

Faroe Islands Football | Fixtures/Results | Table | Top Scorers
Soccer and Equipment home

Share this page: