September 17 & 19, 2010: Round 22 of the Vodafone Division:

September 17

ÍF Fuglafjørður – EB/Streymur 3-3 (1-1)
0-1 Daniel Udsen
1-1 Nenad Saric
1-2 Hans Pauli Samuelsen
2-2 Nenad Saric
2-3 Daniel Udsen
3-3 Øssur Dalbúð

EB/Streymur came storming out of the blocks to take the lead after only 20 seconds when Daniel Udsen turned in a rebound off the post from the initial shot from red hot Arnbjørn Hansen, who scored 8 goals in his last two matches.

ÍF were back on level terms on 11 minutes through Nenad Saric and were close several times during the first half in taking the lead.

EB/Streymur regained the lead seven minutes after the interval with a fine shot from Hans Pauli Samuelsen from 25 metres.

But the joy was short-lived as ÍF equalized just a minute later when Andy Olsen got to the by-line to set up Nanad Saric for his second goal of the match.

EB/Streymur edged ahead once more on the hour-mark when Daniel Udsen took advantage of sloppy defending and fired the ball into the back of the net.

However, 4 minutes into added time, ÍF snatched a dramatic equalizer when Dánjal á Lakjuni played Øssur Dalbúð clear.

September 19

Víkingur - HB Tórshavn 0-1 (0-0)
0-1 Fróði Benjaminsen

After a hard worked win over Víkingur, HB are now only 1 point adrift of leaders NSÍ. HB didn't play much polished football today, but their new coaches won’t care this time as the mission was to get the three points.

As both teams put a lot of efforts into not conceding a goal, much of the play was between the two penalty areas, and rarely inside them. It was just strange that HB opted to use Rógvi Poulsen on the right hand side as it’s quite clear that he is much better on the left.

HB's best effort in the first half was a flat shot from Fróði Benjaminsen from outside the penalty area, but Geza Turi dived and parried the shot.

Víkingur went close later with the best move of the first half when right back Sverri Jacobsen, who had broken a HB attack, raced down the right hand flank and found Sølvi Vatnhamar who left the ball to Nenad Stankovic in front of goal, but the Serb's shot was straight on HB goalkeeper Marcin Dawid, who had replaced the sick Tórður Thomsen.

HB started very brightly in the second half when a curling shot from Andrew av Fløtum forced the Víkingur keeper to make another diving save. Shortly after, Símun Samuelsen on the left raced from the Víkingur-defence, but his finish from a somewhat acute angle was off target. Maybe it would have been wiser to make the pass. But after five lively minutes, HB's attack faded again and Víkingur had a go at the other end with a flat shot from the distance from Hans Jørgen Djurhuus, but it lacked power to bother the goalkeeper.

Most of the second half was an even affair, maybe with a slide edge to Víkingur, but they rarely really threatened, however. After a few sporadic half-chances at both ends, most spectators were preparing for the 0-0 draw, but in the 84th minutes Fróði Benjaminsen forced in a rebound from the Víkingur goalkeeper as he couldn't hold on to Andrew av Fløtum's shot from outside the area, following a short free kick.

Víkingur had one opportunity to equalize, but the header from a long high pass lacked power and and didn’t really bother Dawid in the HB goal.

On Thursday, HB entertain AB whose chances of survival are becoming more and more mathematical only, and three points should be safe for HB which could hand them back the lead in the table as NSÍ have a difficult match at home against Víkingur on Thursday.

B36 Tórshavn - B68 Toftir 3-1 (0-0)

1-0 Christian R. Mouritsen
2-0 Hjalgrím Elttør
3-0 Hjalgrím Elttør
3-1 Ahmed Keita

B68's terrible away form with only one win and a draw continues as they were easily beaten 3-1 by B36.

Having been close several times in the first half, B36 finally made one opportunity count on the hour-mark when Hjalgrím Elttør squared the ball to Christian Mouritsen to give B36 the lead.

Later in the match Elttør scored a brace to settle the match before Ahmed Keita scored a conciliation goal for B68.

FC Suðuroy - NSÍ Runavík
0-1 Christian Høgni Jacobsen
1-1 Mamuka Toronjadze

NSÍ took the lead after 10 minutes when Jónhard Frederiksberg played Christian Høgni Jacobsen clear for an easy tap-in, but the Georgian Mamuka Toronjadze levelled the match on the stroke of halftime with a terrific freekick into the top corner.

Although Suðuroy's Danish central defender Kasper Schultz was sent off with a quarter of an hour remaining, they still managed to cling on to their point.

NSÍ have now only earned 4 points in their last 5 matches.

AB Argir - B71 Sandoy 0-4 (0-0)
0-1 Ebbe Kristin Thomsen
0-2 Ebbe Kristin Thomsen
0-3 Símun Hansen
0-4 Danilo Kovacevic

B71 bagged 3 invaluable points as they left it to the second half to put 4 goals past AB whose chances of avoiding relegation are more and more becoming mathematical only.

Ebbe Kristin Thomsen, who had only been on the field for 7 minutes, put B71 in front midway through the second half after a solo effort. Thomsen scored again 10 minutes later, this time with an easy finish after Símun Hansen had set him up.

Three minutes later they reversed the roles as Thomsen this time set up Hansen for an easy side-foot finish to make it 3-0.

In added time Serbian Danilo Kovacevic made it 4-0.

Both B71 and FC Suðuroy have difficult matches on Wednesday where day meet B36 and EB/Streymur, respectively, but next Sunday a lot could be decided regarding the relegation battle when Suðuroy visits B71.

Faroe Islands Football | Fixtures/Results | Table | Top Scorers
Soccer and Equipment home

Share this page: