August 28 & 29, 2010: Round 20 of the Vodafone Division:

August 28

B68 Toftir - NSÍ Runavík 3-2 (1-2)
1-0 Pól Jóhannus Justinussen
1-1 Bogi Løkin
1-2 Christian Høgni Jacobsen
2-2 Ndende Adama Gueye
3-2 Øssur Hansen (pen)

B68 took the lead within 10 minutes of the match when central defender Pól Jóhannus Justinussen, who has just been selected for the national team for the first time, headed home from Øssur Hansen's free kick.

However, the home team found themselves trailing after 25 minutes as NSÍ scored twice in two minutes. Bogi Løkin headed in the first after a cross from the left before league top scorer Christian Høgni Jacobsen put NSÍ in front with his 15th goal of the season.

But the pendulum swung the other way again in the second half as B68 equalized after 20 minutes thanks to Senegalese midfielder Ndende Adama Gueye.

NSÍ were reduced to 10 in the last quarter of an hour as Bogi Løkin was booked twice in the space of 5 minutes. B68 took full advantage and piled on the pressure and were awarded a penalty in the 88th minute as Senegalese forward Kamara had been brought down. Øssur Hansen made no mistake from the spot.

HB in second place have now been given a glorious opportunity to cut the gap to only 2 points if they beat B71 on Sunday.

August 29

B71 Sandoy – HB Tórshavn 0-2 (0-1)
0-1 Fróði Benjaminsen
0-2 Andrew av Fløtum

B71 started brightly and threatened early on and had a couple of close finishes in the opening five minutes. In one case HB were lucky to save a shot from Høgni Midjord off the line.

Símun Hansen went close for B71 a quarter of an hour through the match, but the shot was just over. A minute after, HB took the lead when Rógvi Poulsen made the pass in front of goal to Fróði Benjaminsen who had an easy site-foot finish.

Benjaminsen should have doubled the lead midway through the half in two attempts, but B71 goalkeeper Predrag Markovic saved the initial shot while Benjaminsen missed the target in his second attempt. Five minutes later Markovic saved yet another attempt from Benjaminsen.

Seven minutes from the end of the first half B71 were reduced to 10 men when Símin Hansen was sent off for the fourth time this season. – It was directly red, although he had also received a yellow card earlier in the match.

With 10 men B71 rarely threatened in the second half, while HB played it safe.

Goalkeeper Markovic made a couple of incredible saves to deny Símun Samuelsen and Milan Kuljic. With 10 minutes left of the clock Levi Hanssen should have made the points safe for HB, but he squandered what looked like a sitter.

B71 then had a useful attempt before Andrew av Fløtum cemented the win for HB as he was set up by Rógvi Poulsen who made the spadework.

HB are now right back in the title hunt, only 2 points adrift of NSÍ. HB play at home against FC Suðuroy next while NSÍ take on ÍF at home which could be a tricky encounter for the current leaders. As the European qualifiers are on the agenda on Friday and next Tuesday, the next round of the league isn’t until 12 September.

EB/Streymur – AB Argir 6-0 (2-0)
1-0 Arnbjørn Hansen
2-0 Arnbjørn Hansen (pen)
3-0 Arnbjørn Hansen
4-0 Arnbjørn Hansen
5-0 Hans Pauli Samuelsen
6-0 Arnbjørn Hansen

Arnbjørn Hansen put on a goal-show as he scored no less than five times as EB/Streymur trashed lowly AB Argir 6-0.

Hansen opened the scoring after a quarter of an hour when he lobbed AB goalkeeper Símun Rógvi Hansen.

The AB goalkeeper then saved a penalty from Daniel Udsen on the half-hour, but Arnbjørn Hansen made sure of the two-goal cushion seven minutes before halftime.

25 minutes through the second half, Hansen had scored another brace (one on penalty) before Hans Pauli Samuelsen made it 5-0. In added time Arnbjørn Hansen finished the rout as he made it 6-0 with his 5th goal of the match and is now only 2 goals behind Vodafone Division top scorer Christian Høgni Jacobsen.

EB/Streymur are together with Víkingur and ÍF 6 points adrift of leaders NSÍ which could turn out to be on the high side to make up.

Highlights, EB/Streymur - AB Argir

Víkingur - B36 Tórshavn 1-0 (0-0)
1-0 Sam Jacobsen

B36's (peculiar) change of coach does not seem to have had much impact as they lost to Víkingur who with 3 draws and 5 wins in their last 8 matches have climbed to 4th position in the table, equal on points with EB/Streymur and ÍF, 6 points adrift of leaders NSÍ.

Víkingur played the last 20 minutes of the match with 10 men as fullback Sverri Jacobsen had been sent off for a second bookable offence. But it mattered little as Víkingur got the winning goal with 5 minutes to go when Sam Jacobsen headed home from Erling Jacobsen's free kick.

ÍF Fuglafjørður – FC Suðuroy 3-1 (1-1)
0-1 Mamuka Toronjadze
1-1 Øssur Dalbúð
2-1 Bartal Eliasen (pen)
3-1 Frank Poulsen

The visitors made a perfect start to the game when Georgian Mamuka Toronjadze put them in from within 5 minutes and ÍF were lucky not to be two goals down moments later, but the clear Suðuroy player squandered the opportunity when he was played clear.

Midway through the first half ÍF drew level when Suðuroy goalkeeper fumbled a shot from Andy Olsen which Øssur Dalbúð took full advantage of for an easy finish.

Suðuroy goalkeeper Stanislav Kuzma then saved a penalty from Frank Poulsen with ten minutes to go of the first half, but ÍF got another opportunity 5 minutes through the second half with another penalty, and this time Bartal Eliasen made no mistake from the spot.

ÍF was the better team in the second half and decided affairs 20 minutes from time when Frank Poulsen made it 3-1.

Faroe Islands Football | Fixtures/Results | Table | Top Scorers
Soccer and Equipment home

Share this page: