August 01 - 03, 2010: Round 17 of the Vodafone Division:

August 01

HB Tórshavn – ÍF Fuglafjørður 2-0 (0-0)
1-0 Andrew av Fløtum
2-0 Rógvi Holm

There wasn't much to choose between the two sides during the first half which didn’t produce the best football, but where both teams had opportunities to take the lead.

Fróði Benjaminsen tried from long range in the early minutes as he spotted the goalkeeper off his line, but the ball ended on the roof of the net.

Around a quarter of an hour through the match, HB for once combined well and quickly, and looked to have gone through, but the danger was averted at first, but the ball rebounded to Kristin R. Mouritsen who from an acute angle fired against goal, but the ball was cleared off the line.

Moments later it was ÍF who went close. First they threatened from a corner and later Andy Olsen saw his shot from 20 metres tipped over by goalkeeper Tórður Thomsen.

Midway through the half Kristin Mouritsen was played clear, but ÍF goalkeeper Jákup Mikkelsen was quick out of his goal to block the effort.

In the latter stages of the half, only a fantastic one-handed reflex-save from Mikkelsen kept out Milan Kuljic's shot.

- ÍF countered immediately where Nenad Saric outpaced centre-back Rógvi Holm to get clear inside the penalty area, but Saric missed the target.

ÍF was the better team in the opening quarter of an hour of the second half, and after five minutes, Øssur Dalbúð went clear through on the left, but outside the area where goalkeeper Thomsen came rushing out of his goal and brought down the striker. The referee deemed it wasn’t a clear scoring opportunity and spared Thomsen for the red card and gave him the yellow.

HB had been rare guests on ÍF's half in the first 15 minutes, but once HB finally did visit, it was a lethal attack. Milan Kuljic and Rógvi Poulsen combined well on the left were the latter went to the by-line and served the ball across to Andrew av Fløtum who’s initial shot was blocked by Mikkelsen, but when av Fløtum received the rebound, he showed no mercy and fired the ball into the back of the net.

HB doubled their lead about 10 minutes later. Rógvi Holm had come forward for a freekick, and although the ÍF-marker almost took off Holm's shirt in the duel, Holm cleanly headed towards goal, but Mikkelsen made an outstanding save to deny Holm for his first goal for HB. However, Mikkelsen only postponed the agony, as Holm scored from the following corner as his lucky/miss-hit - “shot” looped over Mikkelsen.

This second goal looked to have sealed the win for HB who could have added to their two-goal tally as Kristin Mouritsen was played through, but finished straight on the goalkeeper when he had the opportunity to pass to a clear Rógvi Holm. But the youngster will be forgiven as he had played a fine match on the right wing, replacing Símun Samuelsen who started on the bench because of illness. Mouritsen also proved that this was his right position to play, and not at the right back position where he was ordered to play in the experiment against B71 on Wednesday.

EB/Streymur - B71 Sandoy 8-0 (4-0)
1-0 Brian Olsen
2-0 Brian Olsen
3-0 Brian Olsen
4-0 Daniel Udsen
5-0 Gert Hansen
6-0 Brian Olsen
7-0 Hans Pauli Samuelsen
8-0 Daniel Udsen

"The higher you climb, the harder you fall", the proverb says, and it fits B71 perfectly as they beat champions HB on Wednesday, but were demolished 8-0 by EB/Streymur today.

Midfielder Brian Olsen, who has been sidelined through injury for much of the season, put EB/Streymur 2-0 up after only 12 minutes before he completed his hat-trick shortly before half time, when also Daniel Udsen scored directly from a free kick to make it 4-0.

Gert Hansen put the 5th behind B71 within 5 minutes from the start of the second half before Brian Olsen with his 4th goal of the day made it 6-0 10 minutes through the half.

On 71 minutes, Hans Pauli Samuelsen made it 6-0 with a long range effort before Daniel Udsen ended the rout eight minutes from time with his 2nd goal of the day to make it 8-0.

August 02

Víkingur - FC Suðuroy 4-1 (3-0)
1-0 Sølvi Vatnhamar
2-0 Páll Klettskarð
3-0 Sølvi Vatnhamar (maybe owngoal, Stanislav Kuzma)
3-1 Palli Augustinussen
4-1 Sølvi Vatnhamar

Although Víkingur before the match were the worst performing home-team with only one win so far this season, they were always going to be strong favourites against the bottom team FC Suðuroy who have only earned two points away from home.

Sølvi Vatnhamar put Víkingur ahead after only for minutes, and the minute after, new acquisition, striker Páll Klettskarð scored his second goal in his second league match for Víkingur to make it 2-0.

After some 30 minutes, Sølvi Vatnhamar was at it again, making it 3-0, although in the end, the goal might technically be registered as an owngoal by Suðuroy goalkeeper Stanislav Kuzma.

Palli Augusutinussen pulled a goal back for the visitors 12 minutes from time, but the difference increased to three goals again in the closing stages as Sølvi Vatnhamar scored again.

August 03

NSÍ Runavík - B36 Tórshavn 4-3 (1-2)
1-0 Owngoal
1-1 Símun Joensen
1-2 Christian R. Mouritsen
2-2 Johan Troest Davidsen
3-2 Jann Ingi Petersen
3-3 Jákup á Borg
4-3 Erland B. Danielsen

NSÍ's early lead-goal from Vodafone Division top scorer Christian Høgni Jacobsen was cancelled out by Johan Troest Davidsen's owngoal a while later (That's what the early reports said, but the referee has noted the first goal as a B36 owngoal by Herbert í Lon Jacobsen, while Johan Troest Davidsen has been stripped for his owngoal which has been credted B36-player Símun Joensen).

Just before half time Christian R. Mouritsen scored directly from a free kick inn of the crossbar to give B36 the half-time lead.

NSÍ pressured from the start of the second half and Bogi Løkin, who had just come on, hit the post. Shortly after the hour-mark centre-back Troest Davidsen equalized from a corner.

Moments later Christian Høgni Jacobsen then hit the post for NSÍ before Jann Ingi Petersen 10 minutes later pulled the home side ahead with a spectacular free kick from 30 metres.

But B36 looked to have salvaged a point when Jákup á Borg scored 5 minutes from time.

However, Erland B. Danielsen, who had just come on, hadn't read that script as he grabbed a winner for NSÍ in added time following a corner which B36 didn't clear properly.

NSÍ look unstoppable at the moment and stay 4 point clear in the top of the table and with a match against B71 next, NSÍ will fancy their chances for another three points. At the same time NSÍ will hope that B36 can get at least a draw against HB in the Tórshavn derby on the same day. Should that happen, NSÍ will be in a favourable position for the title.

Because of cup final on Friday and the European Championship qualifier with Estonia on 11 August, the next round of the Vodafone Division isn’t played before 15 August.

AB Argir - B68 Toftir 1-2 (1-2)
1-0 Jákup Dam
1-1 Kristian Anton Andreasen
1-2 Ahmet Keita

AB celebrated after taking the lead within 3 minutes from kick off as Jákup Dam rounded the goalkeeper, but the problems with early leads is that there is a long way home.

And AB's joy was short-lived as Kristian Anton Andreasen levelled the score less than three minutes later with a long range effort.

Half an hour later B68 took the lead thanks to Senegalese striker Ahmet Keita.

The second half produced no goals, and with the 3 points B68 climb 8 points above AB and Suðuroy in the relegation places and should keep B68 safe.

Faroe Islands Football | Fixtures/Results | Table | Top Scorers
Soccer and Equipment home

Share this page: