July 03 & August 25, 2010: Round 15 of the Vodafone Division:

July 03

ÍF Fuglafjørður - AB Argir 4-4 (2-2)
1-0 Jan Ó. Ellingsgaard
1-1 Evrard Ble
1-2 Evrard Ble (pen)
2-2 Kaj Ennigarð
3-2 Dánjal á Lakjuni
4-2 Frank Poulsen
4-3 Tehe Aristide
4-4 Evrard Ble

ÍF took a deserved lead just before the half-hour mark when Jan Ó. Ellingsgaard headed home from Andy Olsen’s corner.

Although AB´s midfielder Kenneth Jacobsen was sent off a few minutes later, they still managed to turn the match around and take the lead. 35 minutes through the half Ivorian Evrard Ble fired the ball into the back of the net from 25 metres before he 5 minutes later scored on a penalty.

However, defender Kaj Ennigarð restored parity for ÍF on the stroke of halftime.

Some 20 minutes through the second half ÍF had scored twice and AB looked dead and buried. Both goals had come in connections with corners from Andy Olsen. Dánajal á Lakjuni score the first and Frank Poulsen the second from 20-25 metres.

ÍF kept going for more goals, but were in the end punished for their attacking mode.

With 15 minutes remaining, Ivorian defender Tehe Aristide pulled a goal back for AB with a header from a corner, and with less than 3 minutes left of normal time, Airistide’s compatriot Ble completed his hat-trick when his free kick was allowed to float all the way directly into the goal to salvage a point for AB.

The rest of the matches in round 15 will not be played until 25 25 August! That’s after round 16, 17, 18 and 19.

The league will now have a summer break and won't resume until 27 July. (HB also say that their scheduled 16th-round match against B71 on 27 July might be postponed to 28 July so that it will be played on "Ólavsøka", the national day which is celebrated in Tórshavn on 28 and 29 July.

August 25

B68 Toftir - HB Tórshavn 2-2 (2-1)
1-0 Øssur Hansen (pen)
2-0 Ahmet Keita
2-1 Hanus Thorleifsson
2-2 Andrew av Fløtum (pen)

After HB had dominated the first 10 minutes of the match and had had several qualified finishes on the B68 goal, they were hit by a sucker punch when B68 took the lead on a penalty. HB’s left back Hendrik Rubeksen had been caught out high up on B68’s half which gave B68 room to counter down the right flank, and when the ball was played across to Øssur Hansen in the penalty area, he was brought down by Vagnur Mohr Mortensen’s rather clumsy challenge. 38-year old Hansen coolly slotted home from the penalty spot himself.

After this, the match evened out.

Half an hour through the match, B68 pulled further ahead when Ahmet Keita after some magical dribbles just inside the penalty area fired the ball into the top corner with a thunderous shot.

HB decreased the deficit only a couple of minutes later after some good combinations which ended with Fróði Benjaminsen playing Hanus Thorleifsson clear to score in his first match for HB this season, after he has had a break from football since the end of last season.

HB seemed to be leaving Svangaskarð empty-handed as time was ebbing out, but three minutes into added time, HB were awarded a penalty when the referee adjudged that that Andrew av Fløtum’s leg had been caught as he turned to set up his shot. From a distance, the penalty seemed a bit harsh. However, av Fløtum took it himself and converted safely to salvage a point.

Before HB's equalizer, B68 had had the best opportunity of the second half when they rattled the bar from a free kick.

But the draw was a missed opportunity for HB who could have closed the gap on leaders NSÍ down to only 3 points as they were held to a draw by EB/Streymur. HB won’t get many other chances. However, HB will hope that B68 can get another draw on Saturday when they take on NSÍ. – And it’s not impossible as B68 are strong at home where they have only lost once this season. Last season, they likewise lost only one match at home during the entire season.

EB/Streymur - NSÍ Runavík 1-1 (1-0)
1-0 Anrbjørn Hansen
1-1 Árni Frederiksberg

EB/Streymur was the much better side in the first half and created several scoring opportunities but managed to make only one of them count when Arnbjørn Hansen in the 7th minute headed home from a long throw-in from his brother Gert Hansen.

NSÍ improved much in the second half and grabbed the equalizer with six minutes remaining of normal time with a fine long range shot from Árni Frederiksberg, who had come on six minutes earlier.

NSÍ will be delighted for the draw as they keep the gap to HB on 5 points.

B36 Tórshavn - FC Suðurouy 1-0 (1-0)
1-0 Bárður Olsen

B36, with new coach Allan Mørkøere who has released Sigfríður Clementsen, who was sacked on Tuesday, narrowly beat Suðuroy with a goal 5 minutes from halftime when Stig-Roar Søbstad set up Bárður Olsen to finish.

B71 Sandoy - Víkingur 0-0
Having conceded 19 goals in their last 3 matches – including 5 against Víkingur last Sunday, B71 managed a clean sheet today which earned them a valuable point to add to their previous 16 and increase the gap on Suðuroy to 3 points.

B71 was the better team through much of the match and created good scoring opportunities which they failed to capitalize on, however.

Faroe Islands Football | Fixtures/Results | Table | Top Scorers
Soccer and Equipment home

Share this page: