May 24 & 25, 2010: Round 09 of the Vodafone Division:

May 24

HB Tórshavn – B36 Tórshavn 2-2 (1-2)
1-0 Símun Samuelsen
1-1 Jákup á Borg
1-2 Odmar Færø
2-2 Thórður Hreidarsson

B36 made the better start to the game and were closer getting the opening goal in the first 10 minutes of the match, where especially Hjalgrím Elttør went close as he got towards the byline inside the penalty area, but fired his shot across the face of goal.

Elttør had a similar effort later in the half that was even closer, but again HB survived the scare.

HB then gradually took over and created several scoring opportunities. 13 minutes into the match Símun Samuelsen rattled the crossbar with a header after a well played attack where the ball was brilliantly flick on with the heel to Pætur Jørgensen on the right flank who provided a perfect cross.

A few minutes later, Símun Samuelsen was clear with the B36 goalkeeper, but for the 17th time this season, Samuelsen missed from a clear position. Samuelsen hasn’t delivered the goods so far, and maybe the coach should consider giving him some rest on the bench.

That might seem like a silly suggestion, some would argue, as it still was Samuelsen who gave HB the lead midway through the half when Milan Kuljic’s pass left Samuelsen completely clear in front of the B36 defence to easily lob the ball over the goalkeeper and into the empty goal.

Samuelsen had a similar opportunity a short while later, but this time Samuelsen’s lob was straight into the arms of goalkeeper Jóan Pauli Jakobsen who had released normal 1st choice goalkeeper Meinhardt Joensen. Jakobsen, the U-21 goalkeeper, put in a great performance and made several crucial saves to deny HB who should have decided matters in this 20 minute-period midway through the first half.

But instead B36 found an equalizer in the 32nd minute of the match with a deflected shot from Jákup á Borg which deceived the HB goalkeeper Marcin Dawid.

Only 4 minutes later, B36 had turned the match on the head when Odmar Færø with a free header from an out-swinging Jákup á Borg corner gave B36 the lead.

B36 had the upper hand from the start of the second half and kept HB from creating scoring opportunities. Midway through the half, Róaldur Jacobsen went close with a long range effort, but Marcin Dawid pulled of a spectacular diving save to tip the ball over the crossbar.

It was a priceless save as HB equalized only a couple of minutes later when Icelandic centre-back Thórdur Hreiðarsson headed home from Levi Hanssen’s corner.

HB seemed more eager to get the win now, and managed to put some pressure on B36 and had a couple of decent efforts.

Towards the end of the match B36 had the ball in the HB-goal after a corner, but after a long wait, the referee disallowed the goal as he judged there had been an infringement made against the goalkeeper.

In added time, B36-captain Klæmint Matras was given march orders for his second yellow card as he kicked away the ball when HB had a throw-in.

Even later, B36 appealed for a penalty when Heini í Skorðini went down in the penalty area, but the referee waved play on.

In the end, 2-2 seemed like a fair result.

Víkingur – ÍF Fuglafjørður 1-3 (0-1)
0-1 Andy Olsen (pen)
1-1 Sølvi Vatnhamar
1-2 Nenad Saric
1-3 Frank Poulsen

With a 3-1 away win over Víkingur, ÍF have moved up to 1st spot in the table where they lead HB on goal difference.

ÍF went ahead 10 minutes before the break with a penalty from Andy Olsen, but Sølvi Vatnhamar levelled the match 7 minutes through the second half with a header from Súni Olsen’s cross.

A red card for Víkingur captain and defender Niclas Niclassen in the 83nd minute proved costly as ÍF netted twice in the dying moments to snatch victory and the first place in the table. In the 89th minute Nenad Saric made it 2-1 for ÍF and the minute after Frank Poulsen could cement the win with the 3rd goal for ÍF.

NSÍ Runavík – B71 Sandoy 2-0 (1-0)
1-0 Klæmint A. Olsen
2-0 Klæmint A. Olsen

NSÍ’s good run of form continues as they beat bottom team B71 with their 5th consecutive win.

Forward Klæmint Olsen scored both goal; the first after some 30 minutes of the first half after Christian Høgni Jacobsen set him up, and the second midway through the second half as he took advantage of a mistake in B71’s defence.

AB Argir – FC Suðuroy 1-0 (0-0)
1-0 Tehe Aristide

AB recorded their first win of the season as they beat fellow strugglers Suðuroy 1-0 with a headed goal from Ivorian defender Tehe Aristide 25 minutes into the second half.

The result means that AB, Suðuroy and B71 are now all level on points at the bottom of the table.

May 25

EB/Streymur - B68 Toftir 3-0 (0-0)
1-0 Hans Pauli Samuelesen
2-0 Arnbjørn Hansen
3-0 Arnbjørn Hansen

After a goalless first half, Hans Pauli Samuelsen broke the deadlock 5 minutes through the second half directly on a free kick.

EB/Streymur doubled their lead 20 minutes later thanks to Arnbjørn Hansen after Gudmund Nielsen and Kristoffur Jacobsen had made the spadework.

With 8 minutes left on the clock, Arnbjørn Hansen netted once more to cement EB/Streymur's 3rd win in a row and take them to within 4 points of ÍF and HB at the top of the table. However, it was a major drawback for EB/Streymur when Brazilian left back Alex dos Santos was stretchered off with a suspected broken collarbone after 20 minutes.

B68 are sliding the other way and have dropped to 7th spot in the table.

Although today's score-line is flattering EB/Streymur, B68 clearly don’t thrive away from home as this was their 4th away loss in as many games.

Faroe Islands Football | Fixtures/Results | Table | Top Scorers
Soccer and Equipment home

Share this page: