September 16, 2009: Round 24 of the Vodafone Division:

HB Tórshavn - AB Argir 1-1 (1-0)
1-0 Fróði Benjaminsen
1-1 Alex Mellemgaard

HB's title party postponed again as they are held to a 1-1 draw by AB Argir.

Had HB beaten AB tonight, they would have secured the title as nearest pursuers B68 Toftir were beaten by KÍ klaksvík, but an uninspiring HB team was held to a 1-1 draw against AB, the surprise team of the season.

But things did go according to HB’s plan in the first half, however. After AB had opened brightly with a couple of finishes in the first 5 minutes, HB took over and was in full control during the rest of the half and after a quarter of an hour Fróði Benjaminsen put HB in front from close range.

Benjaminsen went close again a while later with two attempts in the same incident, but AB’s defence and the goalkeeper saved.

In the second half AB improved while HB seemed very dull and were satisfied with just rolling the ball around and not going for another goal.

Midway through the second half HB were punished for this attitude when Alex Mellemgaard beautifully curled a free kick into the top right corner for the equalizer.

HB now started to push more forward again, but is was AB who almost took the lead when Tróndur Sigurðsson was in a good position to shoot, but Marcin David in the HB-goal made an outstanding diving save (Sigurðsson played the first half of the season with HB).

HB did have a couple of opportunities near the end to get the victory; for example AB saved off the line in one incident.

AB could also have snatched a winner when a shot from Dion Splidt hit forward Sigurðsson on his knee, but the ball bounced just wide of the post while it just as well could have bounced inside the post.

All in all the draw seem a just result. In their last 5 matches, HB have only earned 5 points and only 2 points in their last 4 matches at home. AB have now only lost 1 of their last 11 matches.

But HB are still in no danger of being caught as they still have a commanding 8-point lead with 3 matches remaining.

B68 Toftir – KÍ Klaksvík 0-1 (0-1)
0-1 Hjalgrím Elttør

B68 suffered their first home defeat of the season as they were beaten by Hjalgrím Elttør’s goal 35 minutes through the first half.

As B36 lost against EB/Streymur , KÍ still have hope making up the 3 points difference, but B36’s 6- goal superior goal difference could prove decisive in the end.

07 Vestur – ÍF Fuglafjørður 2-2 (2-0)
1-0 Milan Pejcic
2-0 Jens Erik Rasmussen
2-1 Øssur Dalbúð
2-2 Dánjal á Lakjuni

07 Vestur were leading 2-0 at half time and could have closed the gap on B36 in 8th place to only 3 points and still be in with a chance of avoiding relegation, but as 07 Vestur conceded 2 goals in the second half, that gap instead grew to 5 points and 07 Vestur’s chances of survival must now be considered very slim. But then again, if they beat KÍ Klaksvík on Sunday (and B36 lose), then the gap is again only 2 points with two rounds remaining…

07 Vestur took the lead tonight with a Milan Pejcic free kick before Jens Erik Rasmussen doubled the lead later in the first half.

But Øssur Dalbúð reduced the deficit for ÍF early in the second half before Dánjal á Lakjuni equalized in the last 10 minutes of the match.

EB/Streymur – B36 Tórshavn 4-1 (0-1)
0-1 Christian Mouritsen
1-1 Alex dos Santos (pen)
2-1 Brian Olsen
3-1 Sorin Anghel
4-1 Arnbjørn Hansen

Christian Mouritsen gave the visitors the lead midway through the first half, but the home team drew level with a penalty from Alex dos Santos early in the second half. Later Brian Olsen headed home to give EB/Streymur the lead before Sorin Anghel made it 3-1 with a long range effort. In added time Arnbjørn Hansen made it 4-1.

With the win, EB/Streymur made sure that HB at least will have to wait until Sunday before they can clinch the title. B36 are still not safe from going down.

NSÍ Runavík – Víkingur 2-1 (1-0)
1-0 Christian Høgni Jacobsen
2-0 Christian Høgni Jacobsen
2-1 Atli Gregersen

NSÍ played with only 10 men for 78 minutes of the match as defender Johan Troest Davidsen was sent off early in the match. But that didn’t prevent NSÍ from taking a 2-0 lead with a brace from Christian Høgni Jacobsen.

Atli Gregersen pulled a goal back for Víkingur with a quarter of an hour to go, but NSÍ managed to hold on to the 3 points.

| Faroese Soccer | Fixtures/Results | Table | Top Scorers |
| Home of Soccer and Equipment |

Share this page: