July 26 & August 05, 2009: Round 16 of the Vodafone Division:

July 26

HB Tórshavn – ÍF Fuglafjørður 0-0

The match was quite even in the first 20 minutes with action at both ends, but maybe ÍF had the better chances; the best going to Andy Olsen who failed to get a proper shot in from close range after a low cross from Dánjal á Lakjuni on the right.

Eventually HB got the upper hand and created chances that could have produced a goal.

Rókur av Fløtum Jespersen had a fine low shot from long range that went just wide of the post and Andrew av Fløtum had a header from a corner saved on the line in addition to some other half chances.

Midway through the first half HB’s Rókur av Fløtum Jespersen was substituted with an injury after he had been fouled in an attack for HB. With av Fløtum Jespersen out, HB’s attacking play seemed to suffer a bit.

ÍF had another good scoring opportunity in the first half, but Balazs Sinko blasted the shot well over the goal.

In the second half ÍF turned into “ultra defensive mode” which gave HB all of the possession, but HB found it extremely difficult to create real scoring opportunities and properly test Andras Gango in the ÍF goal.

But Johan Ejvind Restorff Mouritsen should have put HB in front when he received the ball in the goal area, but he squandered the opportunity.

In the last seconds of the match Vagnur Mohr Mortensen was given a last chance to snatch victory for HB when he got clear in the penalty area albeit it with an acute angle, but Andras Gango saved with his legs to give Mohr Mortensen another chance, but his second shot went well wide.

This was HB’s third draw in succession and their commanding lead in the table is starting to shrink.

07 Vestur – KÍ Klaksvík 1-3 (1-1)
0-1 Atli Danielsen
1-1 Tór-Ingar Akselsen
1-2 Hjalgrím Elttør
1-3 Páll Klettskarð

The clash of the bottom two was a match between two teams were about half of the players on each team has been switched with new players in the last few weeks. Judging by the result, KÍ’s new imports have been better, as it were all “new players” who scored KÍ’s goals.

After Atli Atli Danielsen had given KÍ an early lead with a header after a corner, but Tór-Ingar Akselsen restored parity halfway through the first half.

Midway through the second half KÍ restored their lead whit a very fine shot from Hjalgrím Elttør after 07 Vestur carelessly gave the ball away on midfield.

Some five minutes later Elttør turned provider for Páll Klettskarð who made it 3-1 for KÍ.

As 07 Vestur are now 8 points below the relegation line, it’s unthinkable that 07 Vestur can avoid relegation.

KÍ on the other hand are suddenly in with a great chance of survival as they now trail two teams by only 2 points, AB and ÍF, and B36 by 3 points.

NSÍ Runavík – B36 Tórshavn 3-0 (0-0)
1-0 Christian Høgni Jacobsen
2-0 Jann Ingi Petersen
3-0 Christian Høgni Jacobsen

After stalemate in the first half which NSÍ dominated, the deadlock was finally broken 10 minutes into the second half with a newly returned Christian Høgni Jacobsen. NSÍ netted two more in the last 10 minutes; first Jann Ingi Petersen made in 2-0 before Christian Høgni Jacobsen scored his second goal in the match.

B36 can´t deny that they are flirting with relegation as they are now only 3 points ahead of KÍ in 9th place.

EB/Streymur – AB Argir 05 August
B68 Toftir - Víkingur 05 August

The matches between B68 Toftir – Víkingur and EB/Streymur – AB Argir have been postponed to 5 August because Víkingur and EB/Streymur play the Cup final on 29. July.

August 15:

B68 Toftir – Víkingur 2-2 (1-1)
0-1 Finnur Justinussen
1-1 Ndende
1-2 Finnur Justinussen
2-2 Øssur Hansen (pen)

A hard-played match produced 1 point for each which suits HB Tórshavn best who have a commanding 6-point lead at the top of the table.

B68 threatened several times on corners in the early stages and one of them ended on the crossbar.

Víkingur were hampered by the loss of attacking midfielder Andreas Lava Olsen who went off injured before the first quarter of an hour had been played.

20 minutes into the match Víkingur’s Hans Jørgen Djurhuus’ first timer hit the crossbar.

Five minutes before the break Hungarian Zoltan Bukzsegi made the hard work to set up Finnur Justinussen to give Víkingur the lead.

But B68 still had time to equalize just before the half time whistle with a headed goal from Senegalese midfielder Ndende after a cross from Øssur Hansen’s free kick.

25 minutes through the second half Finnur Justinussen restored Víkingur’s lead when he lobbed B68 goalkeeper Vlada Filipovic. This was the 20-year old’s 12th goal of the season to take him top of the top scorer list, one ahead of Keita and Potemkin in joint second place.

With a quarter of an hour remaining Øssur Hansen equalized with a penalty after Jóhan Petur Poulsen had been brought down.

In stoppage time Víkingur almost snatched victory, but B68 were saved by the crossbar after a corner.

EB/Streymur – AB Argir 0-3 (0-2)
0-1 Dion Splidt
0-2 Stig-Roar Støbstad
0-3 Rasmus Nielsen

After a fine start to the season, AB Argir looked to more or less have booked their place in next season’s top flight after the first 3rd of the season had been played, but after lack of points in midseason, AB had moved closer and closer to the relegation line again, but with today’s massive scalp against EB/Streymur, AB moved 5 points clear of KÍ Klaksvík in 9th place.

Dion Splidt gave AB the lead half an hour through the match after EB/Streymur failed to clear an AB-attack that started with a throw-in.

Shortly before half time, AB new Norwegian striker Stig-Roar Støbstad got clear of the EB/Streymur defence to make it 2-0 to the visitors.

EB/Streymur had several scoring opportunities in the second half, but either they were saved off the line or by the woodwork.

Instead it was Rasmus Nielsen who made it 3-0 to AB as the match was drawing to a close.

| Faroese Soccer | Fixtures/Results | Table | Top Scorers |
| Home of Soccer and Equipment |

Share this page: