June 24 & 25, 2009: Round 14 of the Vodafone Division:

June 24:

KÍ Klaksvík - ÍF Fuglafjørður 3-2 (2-2)
1-0 Stefan Kalsø
1-1 Nenad Saric
2-1 John Hammer
2-2 Balazs Sinko
3-2 Jógvan Isaksen

KÍ Klaksvík's fight back continues!

With a stoppage time winner, KÍ have moved to within a point of ÍF Fuglafjørður in 8th place and within 4 points of 7th placed AB Argir who seem to have run out of steam.

KÍ took the lead after a quarter of an hour with a goal from Stefan Kalsø after Kristoffur Jakobsen – who has huge importance for KÍ although he’s only 20 - had set him up.

But the joy was short-lived as the Serb Nenad Saric equalized for ÍF just 3 minutes later.

John Hammer pulled KÍ ahead again with 5 minutes remaining of the first half but just to see ÍF equalize again just before the half-time whistle with a goal from another Serb, Balazs Sinko.

The second half looked to be ending goalless, but 3 minutes into stoppage time, defender Jógvan Isaksen had come forward in connection with a free kick from Heðin á Lakjuni, and Isaksen headed the ball in the back of the net for a 3-2 victory. - A goal that can prove to be the goal that keeps KÍ in the top division where they together with HB Tórshavn are the only club that who have always been in the top flight since the league started in 1942.

EB/Streymur – Víkingur 1-0 (0-0)
1-0 Pætur Dam Jacobsen

After an even first half it was Víkingur who had the upper hand in the second half and created several scoring opportunities but weren’t able to convert any of them. Instead it was Pætur Dam Jacobsen who scored for EB/Streymur with a quarter of an hour of the match remaining. - Geza Turi in the Víkingur-goal didn't look quite innocent.

But isn't that a penalty for Víkingur at 2:50 in the video below?

Video highlights: EB/Streymur vs. Víkingur

07 Vestur – AB Argir 0-0

07 Vestur have stopped conceding, but they still can’t win, however.

After 07 Vestur´s Ragnar Niclasen had been sent of some 30 minutes through the first half, 10-men 07 Vestur got a glorious opportunity to take the lead 5 minutes later when they were awarded a penalty. But the regular visitors on this website know already how that ended and can skip the next line: 07 Vestur goalkeeper Tórður Thomsen saved the spot kick from Jens Erik Rasmussen. That makes it 10 missed penalties out of 21 so far this season!

Also AB had a man sent off in the second half, but that did not break the deadlock, however.

AB Argir who looked to be more or less safe just a couple of weeks ago seem to have lost breath and are now only 4 points ahead of KÍ Klaksvík in 9th place and 3 ahead of ÍF Fuglafjørður in 8th.

AB’s next game is on Saturday when they take on HB Tórshavn. This match is brought forward from 19 July because of HB’s involvement in the Europa League. HB, who play tomorrow against B36, will therefore have one day less than AB to rest.

With AB´s schedule in mind, where they meet HB (h), EB/Streymur (a), Víkingur (a) and then NSÍ Runavík (h), AB could soon be back in the relegation zone.

07 Vestur’s situation looks hopeless, but they have announced that they will be strengthening their teams with 2 or 3 Serbian players in the summer break (which started today for 07 Vestur). More about that in a June round-up at the end of the month.

June 25:

HB Tórshavn - B36 Tórshavn 2-2 (2-2)
1-0 Rógvi Poulsen
1-1 Bergur Midjord
2-1 Andrew av Fløtum
2-2 Magnus Olsen

The first half was a pretty even affair, where HB maybe had slightly more possession, but B36 were just as dangerous. In the second half B36 had the upper hand for most of the half and put a lot of pressure on HB whose defence didn’t look to convincing.

The first chance of the game fell to B36 after 10 minutes when they knocked a free kick over HB’s defence, but the “long toe” or the “high head” failed to connect with the ball which went out for a goal kick.

But it was HB who took the lead midway through the first half when Andrew av Fløtum’s through-ball played Rógvi Poulsen completely clear to score.

But the lead lasted only about 4 minutes as Bergur Midjord equalized with a well placed header as he was left unmarked in the penalty area in connection with a free kick.

Also B36’s joy was short-lived as HB restored their lead only 5 minutes later. Páll Mohr Joensen brilliantly found Rógvi Poulsen on the left in B36’s penalty area and Poulsen then coolly squared the ball to Andrew av Fløtum who finished well with a low drive.

B36 went close again when Brima Koroma on the left set up Sam Malso (or Róaldur Jacobsen?) with a shot on the edge of the penalty area, but the shot went half a metre over the crossbar.

With 5 minutes remaining of the first half B36 were back level. Magnus Olsen knocked a free kick from 35-40 metres into the penalty are where goalkeeper Símun Rógvi Hansen made a blunder and allowed the ball to go straight between his legs.

HB appealed for a penalty early in the second half when Bjarni Jørgensen went down. He stayed up at first but then fell rather late which maybe put the referee off and waved play on.

The rest of the chances mostly fell to B36, although HB had some of their own as well, but B36 had the far better chances.

Símun Rógvi Hansen in the HB goal dived to save a shot from Sam Malson and later B36 looked sure to take the lead, but again the goalkeeper blocked the shot from Róaldur Jacobsen.

With about 15 minutes remaining, B36 thought they had scored, but the referee blew for off side.

But the match ended 2-2 and as B68 Toftir and NSÍ Runavík also drew 2-2, HB are still sitting firmly on the top of the table with an 8 point gap to B68 who climbed to 2nd.

On Saturday HB visit AB Argir in a match that is brought forward from July 27 because of HB’s participation in the Europa League.

Apart from Saturday’s match, the Vodafone Division goes on holiday and resumes on 18 July.

B68 Toftir - NSÍ Runavík 2-2 (1-1)
0-1 Klæmint Olsen
1-1 Ahmed Keita
1-2 Bogi Løkin
2-2 Niclas Joensen

Having come from behind twice, B68 drew 2-2 with NSÍ to climb to second place in the table. B68 truly have been the surprise package of the league so far.

Klæmint Olsen opened the scoring for NSÍ in the 19th minute, but Keita equalized 5 minutes before the interval with a great shot.

NSÍ pulled ahead again in the 19th minute of the second half with Bogi Løkin, but B68 equalized again with defender Niclas Joensen.

Only 3 points separate no. 2 B68 and no 5 EB/Streymur.

| Faroese Soccer | Fixtures/Results | Table | Top Scorers |
| Home of Soccer and Equipment |

Share this page: