June 01, 2009: Round 10 of the Vodafone Division:

B68 Toftir – HB Tórshavn 3-3 (1-2)
0-1 Andrew av Fløtum
1-1 Ahmed Keita
1-2 Fróði Benjaminsen
1-3 Rógvi Poulsen
2-3 Pól Johannus Justinussen
3-3 Johnleif Højgaard

HB threw away a 2-goal lead in the last 20 minutes of the match and allowed Víkingur and NSÍ Runavík to cut the lead in the table to 3 points.

HB had been the better team in the first half an hour and went close a couple of times after corners.

The match then opened up and chances were at both ends. On 35 minutes Andrew av Fløtum was played clear and he put HB into the lead with a fine shot which was out of reach for B68 goalkeeper Vlada Filopovic.

But B68 responded just a couple of minutes later. Jóan Símun Edmindsson did the foreplay on the left as he played the pall on the right hand side of the HB defender while he himself ran past the defender on the left side and then delivered a perfect cross in front of goal where Ahmed Keita headed home from close range with his sixth goal of the season.

But as the teams were getting ready for the half time break, HB took the lead again when Fróði Benjaminsen slid into the goal area to get a foot on the ball and swept it over the goal-line.

B68 were the better team from the start of the second half, but nevertheless it was HB who increased the lead on the hour-mark. Andrew av Fløtum had the ball on the left at the edge of the penalty area, dribbled, but lost the ball, but was lucky to received it again and somehow got it over to Rógvi Poulsen who had an easy task of scoring from a free position in centre of goal.

B68 then moved big defender Jóhannus Justinussen up front and this proved to be a wise decision as he was played clear with 20 minutes to go, and when the goalkeeper came out of his goal, Justinussen coolly slipped the ball past him an into the back of the net.

HB’s defence looked very insecure and an equalizer didn’t look unlikely at all. In fact, Justinussen went very close just a while later when a ball was played over HB’s defence, but Justinussen’s shot from the bouncing ball went a meter over crossbar.

HB never went into defensive mode but continued to attack in numbers. In hindsight, maybe not the best of tactics. But the belief was maybe that attack is the best defence. But with so many men moving forward, HB was left vulnerable in defence, and with 3 minutes remaining, B68 forced an equalizer. HB player Páll Mohr Joensen felt he owned a free kick as he was challenged hard in an aerial duel on midfield, but the referee waved play-on. The ball was played into HB’s penalty area where HB were unable to clear the ball which then ended in front of Johnleif Højgaard who had a clear sight of gaol and fired a low shot into the back of the net for a late equalizer.

In fact, B68 could have snatched victory in stoppage time when Johnleif Højgaard again was in a good position to shoot, but this time the shot went a meter by the right post.

ÍF Fuglafjørður – Víkingur 1-2 (0-0)
1-0 Hanus Eliasen
1-1 Súni Olsen
1-2 Andreas Lava Olsen

Víkingur beat ÍF for the third time in the space of 3 weeks – twice in the cup; today in the league.

After a goalless first half, ÍF broke the deadlock a quarter of an hour into the second half with a goal from Hanus Eliasen.

But Súni Olsen equalized on a direct free kick some 10 minutes later before Andreas Lava Olsen scored the winning goal about 10 minutes from the end.

ÍF played the last few minutes with only 9 men as they had two sent off.

07 Vestur – EB/Strteymur 3-5 (2-2)
1-0 Hendrik Rubeksen
1-1 Sorin Anghel
2-1 Jens Erik Rasmussen
2-2 Levi Hanssen
3-2 Tór-Ingar Akselsen
3-3 Alex dos Santos
3-4 Arnbjørn Hansen
3-5 Hans Pauli Samuelsen

Although 07 Vestur were leading 3 times they were left empty-handed when the match had finished.

It looked like points were going 07 Vestur’s way as they were leading 3-2 late in the game but in the last 10 minutes EB/Streymur first equalized with a direct corner from Brazilian Alex dos Santos, before Arnbjørn Hansen put EB/Streymur in front before Hans Pauli Samuelsen scored directly from a free kick to make it 5-3.

AB Argir – B36 Tórshavn 3-1 (1-1)
1-0 Tehe Aristide
1-1 Høgni Eysturoy
2-1 Janus Joensen (pen)
3-1 Owngoal

AB can book their ticket for next season’s Vodafone Division after today’s win over B36. With 14 points for 10 games and with a healthy 8-point margin to the relegation line, AB will not be caught.

Today AB took an immediate lead with a goal from Ivorian defender Tehe Aristide in connection with a free kick. B36 levelled in the first half when Høgni Eysturoy scored on a rebound after Klæmint Matras had missed a penalty for B36. - Matras was the man who had been brought down in the penalty area. (The missing percentage in the Vodafone Division has become embarrassing, as after today’s round 6 of 14 penalties have been missed. – Come on, it’s only 11 metres!)

But AB got a penalty of their own in the second half which Janus Joensen converted safely before defender Herbert í Lon Jacobsen scored into his own goal to provide AB with a 3-1 win.

KÍ Klaksvík – NSÍ Runavík 0-2 (0-1)
0-1 Karoly Potemkin
0-2 Karoly Potemkin

Karoly Potemkin gave NSÍ the lead after only 5 minutes after he had been played clear by Hjalgrím Elttør.

In the dying moments Potemkin was at it again with a shot from long range.

KÍ can praise them selves lucky that neither 07 Vestur nor ÍF Fuglafjørður are collecting points, because then it would already have been over. Now they are still in with a fighting chance of catching 07 Vestur and ÍF.


The next round of the Formula Division will not be played until 13 June because of the World Cup qualifier against Serbia on 10 June.

| Faroese Soccer | Fixtures/Results | Table | Top Scorers |
| Home of Soccer and Equipment |

Share this page: