May 17, 2009: Round 07 of the Vodafone Division:

ÍF Fuglafjørður – HB Tórshavn 1-3 (0-1)
0-1 Fróði Benjaminsen
0-2 Milan Kuljic
0-3 Rógvi Poulsen
1-3 Andy Olsen

HB should have taken an early lead when a misunderstanding in the ÍF defence allowed Páll Mohr Joensen to go one-on-one with the goalkeeper, but Andras Gango in the ÍF goal won this duel.

But HB was putting a lot of pressure on ÍF who looked poor defensively without the injured Bartal Eliasen. And 20 minutes through the match the pressure paid dividend. The recipe for the goal was the usual one: a set piece. Rasmus Nolsøe’s corner wasn’t properly cleared, and after some ping pong, the ball fell in front of a completely clear Fróði Benjaminsen, who coolly manoeuvred the ball into the goal from close range.

HB should have scored again a while later when Rógvi Poulsen was clear with the goalkeeper, but Poulsen’s finish lacked quality and was straight on the Hungarian.

ÍF had very little to offer but had a couple of sporadic opportunities however, and once a header went narrowly over.

HB continued their domination in the second half and doubled their lead within 10 minutes from the restart. Páll Mohr Joensen intercepted the ball from the ÍF defence, got past the defender with a fine dribble and when goalkeeper Gango came out of his goal, Joensen squared the ball to the clear Kuljic who had the easiest of tasks rolling the ball into the empty goal.

Midway through the half, HB made the points safe when Rógvi Poulsen made it 3-0. He was played clear on the left, and 4 metres into the penalty area he unleashed a great low shot that went in off the far post. – A terrific strike.

Three minutes later, ÍF reduced the deficit when HB’s defence was caught by a break high up-field which saw three ÍF players clear with HB goalkeeper Símun Rógvi Hansen. The odds should have been against the goalkeeper, but in the end he should maybe have done better as Andy Olsen’s shot was a bit weak.

ÍF had a couple of tries after their goal, and again they went very close with a close-range header, but saying that HB’s win was ever in question would be stretching it.

In fact, HB were much closer adding a couple of goals to their tally, but HB weren’t too effective in front of goal.

HB’s play today seemed to be much more free flowing and quicker than it has been in previous matches. Bjarni Jørgensen was involved with much on the right flank, but Rógvi Poulsen is not getting the ball enough on the left wing. But it must also be said that HB had it easy today against an ÍF team that was missing a few players.

With matches against the two bottom teams 07 Vestur and KÍ Klaksvík coming up, HB should still be sitting firm on top of the table when the first third of the league (and all teams have met once) has been played.

B36 Tórshavn – NSÍ Runavík 2-3 (2-0)
1-0 Sam Malson
2-0 Sam Malson
2-1 Hjalgrím Elttør
2-2 Klæmint Olsen
2-3 Jan Ingi Petersen

NSÍ were trailing by two goals at half time against B36 but turned it around in the second half with a superb display to stay in touch with HB at the top of the table.

B36 took a two-goal lead just before the 20 minute mark with two goals in quick succession from Englishman Sam Malson.

But NSÍ were the much better side in the second half and levelled the score just after an hour before Jan Ingi Petersen snatched victory in stoppage time.

KÍ Klaksvík – 07 Vestur 2-2 (2-2)
1-0 Kristoffur Jakobsen
2-0 Kristoffur Jakobsen
2-1 Jens Erik Rasmussen (pen)
2-2 Jens Erik Rasmussen

Kristoffur Jakobsen gave KÍ the perfect start when he scored in the second minute, and when he scored his second goal after 20 minutes, KÍ looked to be on course for their first win of the season.

But it was not to be as 07 Vestur reduced the score on a penalty 5 minutes later with a penalty before they equalized another 5 minutes later with a direct free kick. Goal scorer on both occasions was 41 year old veteran Jens Erik Rasmusssen. – Rasmussen was on the bench when the Faroe Islands beat Austria in 1990 – Yes, that long ago!

---And that leads us to another story. On Saturday, a Faroese national team for veterans played against their counterparts from Iceland (the match ended 2-2). But remarkably, Jens Erik Rasmussen took part in that match on Saturday, less than 24 hours before he was going to play a vital match concerning relegation in the Vodafone Division. That would not happen in many leagues, that a player would be allowed to play in such an unimportant match less than 24 hours prior to a crucial league match. It kind of gives the Vodaphone Division a sign that says "Not So Serious" written on it.

But then again, he scored both of 07 Vestur's goals, some will argue…---

KÍ will find it very difficult to get out of the relegation zone, and with their next 4 matches being against EB/Streymur (h), HB (a) NSÍ (h) and Víkingur (a), KÍ could still be on just 3 points after round 11. But also 07 Vestur will find it difficult as they also have a very tough schedule in front of them.

AB Argir - EB/Streymur 1-1 (1-0)
1-0 Janus Joensen
1-1 Owngoal

Although AB managed a draw against EB/Streymur in the cup on Wednesday, it still was a surprise that they would repeat that feat today, but EB/Streymur just aren’t producing the goods at the moment.

But EB/Streymur should have taken the lead when they were awarded a penalty after only five minutes, but AB goalkeeper Heðin Stenberg saved the spot kick from Bárður Olsen.

Instead it was AB who took the lead after 20 minutes with a goal from Janus Joensen.

EB/Streymur put a lot of pressure on AB in the second half, but they needed the help of an owngoal before they finally managed to equalize with 20 minutes remaining.

Víkingur – B68 Toftir 3-3 (1-0)
1-0 Sverri Jacobsen
1-1 Ameth Keita
2-1 Hans Jørgen Djurhuus
3-1 Finnur Justinussen
3-2 Jóhan Símun Edmundsson
3-3 Øssur Hansen

B68 feel they should have gotten all 3 points although they were trailing 2 with two goals midway through the second half.

Víkingur took the lead after half an hour with a headed goal from Sverri Jacobsen.

B68 missed a penalty 5 minutes later when Geza Turi saved from Nenad Stankovic (so far, 4 of 7 penalties have been missed in the league), but B68 levelled the score early in the second half when Senegalese Keita scored his 4th goal of the season.

But Víkingur went in front again just a few minutes later – with two goals even – against the run of play with goals from Hans Jørgen Djurhuus and Finnur Justinussen.

But B68 created plenty of chances and reduced the score midway through the half before Øssur Hansen equalized with a direct free kick in the dying minutes. B68 went agonizingly close with a dramatic stoppage time winner, but the ball hit the crossbar.

| Faroese Soccer | Fixtures/Results | Table | Top Scorers |
| Home of Soccer and Equipment |