May 20, 2010: The Cup Competition, Semi-finals, 1st leg:

B36 Tórshavn - EB/Streymur 2-1 (0-1)
0-1 Arnbjørn Hansen
1-1 Bárður Olsen
2-1 Hjalgrím Elttør

EB/Streymur took the lead midway through the first half when a B36 back-pass to the goalkeeper was intercepted by Arnbjørn Hansen who had an easy task to put the visitors in front.

EB/Streymur nearly doubled their advantage, but Hans Pauli Samuelsen's freekick bounced off the upright.

However, B36 turned it around in the second half. Bárður Olsen, the former EB/Streymur player, equalized on a long range effort five minutes after the interval before Hjalgrím Elttør sent B36 on winning course 12 minutes later.

But nothing is settled yet as the second leg is to be played on 8 June.

ÍF Fuglafjørður - Víkingur 1-2 (1-2)
1-0 Poul Ennigarð
1-1 Súni Olsen
1-2 Finnur Justinussen

Víkingur are in a strong position to qualify for the cup final as they won 2-1 away to ÍF Fuglafjørður.

But it was ÍF who took the lead after about a quarter of an hour when defender Poul Ennigarð scored after some ping pong following a corner.

However, the joy was short-lived as Víkingur turned it around in only 12 minutes. First it was Súni Olsen who equalized on yet another free kick before Finnur Justinussen brought Víkingur in front.

ÍF had a glorious opportunity to level the match when they were awarded a penalty with less than 10 minutes left of the clock, but Poul Enningarð hit the post out.

Víkingur must now be considered favourites to go through to the finals. The second will be played on 8 June.

June 08, 2010: The Cup Competition, Semi-finals, 2nd leg:

EB/Streymur - B36 Tórshavn 2-0 (0-0)
1-0 Sorin Anghel
2-0 Kristoffur Jacobsen (pen)

With a 2-0 win over B36 Tórshavn, EB/Streymur have qualified for their fourth successive cup final as they overturn a 2-1 deficit from the first leg.

The deadlock was broken in the 62nd minute when Kristoffur Jacobsen set up Rumanian Sorin Anghel to give the home side the lead.

Five minutes from the end, Jacobsen turned goal scorer as he safely converted a penalty.

Víkingur - ÍF Fuglafjørður 0-3 (0-1)
0-1 Dánjal á Lakjuni
0-2 Jan Ellingsgaard
0-3 Øssur Dalbúð

With the crucial goal at the death, ÍF Fuglafjørður have qualified for the cup final in dramatic fashion.

Dánjal á Lakjuni gave ÍF hope after 25 minutes when he headed home from Andy Olsen’s cross from the left, but as Víkingur had the advantage with the two away goals from the first leg, they still looked to be going through as time was ebbing out.

But right at the death, left back Jan Ellingsgaard scored the crucial goal which takes ÍF through to the final.

And 3 minutes into added time, striker Øssur Dalbúð fired the ball into the back of the net for a 3-0 win.

The cup final, "løgmanssteypið" (the prime minister's cup) will be played on 6 August in Klaksvík.

Faroe Islands Football | Table | Fixtures/Results | Top Scorers
Home of Soccer and Equipment

Share this page: