April 25, 2010: The Cup Competition, Quarter finals:

FC Suðuroy - EB/Streymur 1-4 (1-1)
The scoreline might be flattering EB/Streymur, but with a 4-1 win they have once again qualified for the cup semifinals and could be on course for their fourth cup final in succession.

Hans Pauli Samuelsen put EB/Streymur in front midway through the first half, but Jón Krosslá Poulsen restored parity with a penalty as the first half was drawing to a close.

But less than half a minute through the second half, EB/Streymur had regained the lead with a goal from Gudmund Nielsen, and 20 minutes later Arnbjørn Hansen converted a penalty to give EB/Streymur a two-goal cushion. Late in the game Leif Niclasen made it 4-1. Suðuroy had created chances of their own and twice they rattled the woodwork with efforts from Palli Augustinussen and Dan Djurhuus.

Víkingur - AB Argir 1-1 (1-0)
Extra time: 0-0
Penalties: 4-3
After Súni Olsen had headed Víkingur in front 20 minutes through the first half, AB worked their way into the match again and levelled the score midway through the second half with a header from Ivorian defender Tehe Aristide.

As no goals were scored in extra time, the tie had to be settled on penalties.

Víkingur soon gained the upper hand as Súni Olsen scored on their first while Gunnar Haraldsen missed for AB. But a AB got a lifeline when Tórður Thomsen saved Víkingurs last penalty from Finnur Justinussen, but the joy was short-lived as Víkingur's Hungarian goalkeepr Gezza Turi saved AB's last penalty drom Norwegian striker Stig-Roar Søbstad.

Víkingur therefore qualify for the final with a 5-4 win on aggregate.

ÍF Fuglafjørður - B68 Toftir 2-2 (0-1)
Extra Time: 1-0
A classic cup tie with a dramatic ending saw ÍF qualify for the semi finals with the decisive goal coming in the last minute of extra time.

B68 had taken the lead 10 minutes before half time with a headed goal from Senegalese Ndende Adama Gueye.

But ÍF turned it around in the second half. Right back Áki Petersen levelled the score 10 minutes after the break before Rógvi Jacobsen put ÍF in front with a low drive some 10 minutes before the end match.

However, 5 minutes later B68 forced extra time as Øssur Hansen converted a penalty after Pól Jóhannus Justinussen went down in the penalty area.

The match looked destined to go to penalties, but two minutes from the end of extra time, the referee pointed to the spot and awarded ÍF a penalty. But after negotiations with his assistant referee, the penalty was annulled and instead ÍF's Karl Løkin was given a yellow card for diving and was sent off as this was his second booking.

But amazingly, a minute later ÍF still managed to score the winning goal which takes them through to the semi finals thanks to striker Øssur Dalbúð who had started the match on the bench.

FC Hoyvík - B36 Tórshavn 1-7 (4-0)
As expected, Vodafone Division leader B36 didn´t have much trouble in beating the 1st division team FC Hoyvík.

B36 romped to a 4-0 lead at half time and added another 3 after the break before Hoyvík scored a consolation just before the last quarter of an hour.

See results and goal scorers from the quarter finals of the Cup here.

Share this page: