October 08, 2015:
UEFA Euro 2016 Qualifier, Group F:

The Faroe Islands lead against Hungary, but lose 2-1 after Hungary score a 71st minute winner two minutes after the Faroes are robbed of a clear penalty.

Hungary - Faroe Islands 2-1 (0-1)
0-1 Róaldur Jakobsen 11'
1-1 Daniel Bode 63'
2-1 Daniel Bode 71'

Having survived a close scare after six minutes where the ball was flicked across the face of goal the Faroe Islands took the lead after 10 minutes where Jóan Símun Edmundsson had the ball glued to his feet before he brilliantly found Róaldur Jakobsen who superbly turned 360 degrees to escape his marker to get clear before he coolly slipped the ball past the goalkeeper.

Midway through the half, Hungary managed to mount some pressure, but Gunnar Nielsen was never really tested in his goal. – Until added time of the first half where the Hungarian looked certain to score, but was kept at bay by a fabulous Nielsen who played a 100% error-free match and looked to be in better shape than ever. 

The second half was a different match where Hungary turned on the pressure and the Faroe Islands were pushed back to defend. 

Nielsen advanced to make another superb block with his feet within five minutes, but there was nothing he could do with substitute Daniel Bode’s looping header into the far corner after a cross from the left hand side in the 63rd minute. 

Five minutes later the Faroes were robbed of a clear penalty when Edmundsson's incredible touches and pass played Kaj Leo í Bartalsstovu clear where his standing leg was clearly caught by the defender. 

Instead it was Hungary who took the lead two minutes later where Bode turned and twisted in the penalty area before he fired an unstoppable cannonball into the back of the net. 

The Faroes tried to salvage a draw in the last minutes of the match, and two minutes into added time, Pól Jóhannus Justinussen in front of goal was just short of connecting with a pass from the left. 

Before that, Atli Gregersen – captain in Fróði Benjaminsen’s absence - had been sent off for a second yellow card, as he had lost his head and bumped into a Hungarian official on the side-line who provoked when he tried to shield the ball from Gregersen. 

| Faroese Soccer |
| Home of SoccerandEquipment |