October 22, 2005: Round 27 of the Formula 1st Division:

HB Tórshavn throw away a 1-0 lead against B36 Tórshavn and hand them the championship

B36 Tórshavn - HB Tórshavn 2-1 (0-1)
0-1 Bárður Mortansson 44'
1-1 Allan Mørkøre 65'
2-1 Fróði Benjaminsen 73'

Second half goals from Allan Mørkøre and Fróði Benjaminsen earns B36 Tórshavn the Championship tile, after HB had taken the lead late in the first half.

But Allan Mørkøre could (and should) have scored for B36 already in the first half, when he had 3 very good opportunities, but he squandered them all. The first one was when he got the ball at the far post inside the goal area, but with an open goal, he shot wide. Later he could have scored with a free header, but also that opportunity was missed. He was also in a great position to score from just inside the penalty area, but his shot was right on the keeper.

B36 also missed another 100% chance, when Bergur Midjord was completely free in the goal area, but Bárður Johannesen in the HB goal made the save of his life, when he blocked the shot.

HB did not create many real opportunities in the first half. A couple of long range efforts from Tór-Ingar Akselsen and Bárður Mortansson was the closest they came, but it didn't bother B36 goalkeeper Jákup Mikkelsen.

But then, one minute from halftime, HB countered. Jákup á Borg had the ball on the halfway line, ran forward with it and then played it to his left to Bárður Mortansson who placed it beautifully in the top far corner for a 1-0 lead for HB.

At this stage, HB were champions. If HB won the game, they would also win the title. Now B36 had to score twice if they were going to take the title (if Skála would win against GÍ Gøta).

HB got the better start to the second half and put a lot of pressure on the B36 defence and had several corners, and in one incident the ball hit the top of the right post. Rúni Nolsøe also came close with a shot from an acute angle, but the shot was blocked by a defender.

But 10 minutes into the game, B36 regrouped, and on 20 minutes B36 were presented with a gift from HB's defence when a headed clearance went wrong and ended right in front of Allan Mørkøre. He was clear and beat the keeper with a low shot and equalized to 1-1! And as Skála were one up against GÍ, a draw between B36 and HB would mean that Skála would win the title.

But HB's hospitality wasn't over yet, because just 8 minutes later, B36 were handed another gift, when the HB defence again couldn't clear the ball which this time ended in front of Fróði Benjaminsen who made is 2-1 for B36.

Now HB had to score twice to become champions, but B36's lead was never in any danger, as HB couldn't come back.

Therefore, HB's 3 years reign as Faroese champions has ended and they have surrendered the crown to B36 Tórshavn.

As Skála drew with GÍ Gøta, Skála won the silver medals and HB the bronze.

The other matches in round 27:

Skála could win the championship if B36 and HB drew and if Skála at the same time beat GÍ Gøta, who were battling to avoid direct relegation. And for a while, Skála had the title. When B36 had leveled against HB 65 minutes into the second half and Skála were leading GÍ 1-0, then Skála were champions. But only for 9 minutes, until B36 had scored their second against HB. But GÍ needed a point to stay in front of TB Tvøroyri who were drawing against ÍF Fuglafjørður. And GÍ did find that equalizer – twice. First they leveled to 1-1, but in the 90th minute Skála scored to 2-1 and GÍ were on their way to the second division, but 2 minutes into time added on, GÍ got their desperately needed equalizer and earned a point which meant that they stayed above TB. But GÍ are not safe yet, as they will have to win the play off games against B71 Sandoy, who became second in the second division, for a place in the first division next season. Skála took the silver medals, with the same number of points as HB, but Skála won silver because they are better in the “head to head” with HB.

TB have been facing relegation for the most of the season, but 3 rounds from the end, they won an unlikely victory against Skála and took a huge step towards safety, but then they lost again in the penultimate round to VB Vágur end were sent back to the last spot on the table and therefore had to get points against ÍF Fuglafjørður today, to leapfrog GÍ Gøta. And when the match between ÍF and TB was over, it seemed that TB had done enough as Skála had taken the lead against GÍ in the 90th minute, but then, 2 minutes into injury time, GÍ equalized, and that meant TB were relegated to second division.

KÍ Klaksvík and NSÍ Runavík played a crazy match with not fewer that 11 goals! NSÍ won it 6-5, after they had been leading 3-1 and 6-2, but were almost caught again. Christian Høgni Jacobsen scored 2 goals and became the top scorer in the Formula 1st division with 18 goals in 27 matches. Skála ended in 4th spot, with the same number of points as both Skála and HB, but because of the head to head with those two, Skála are ranked no. 4

VB Vágur’s 2nd half equalizer earned them an important point when they drew against EB/streymur. The point means that they stay above GÍ Gøta and avoid the playoff games with B71 Sandoy, no. 2 in the second division.

All the results from round 27:

Skála - GÍ Gøta 2-2 (0-0)
1-0 Iulian Florescu (pen)
1-1 Hanus Jacobsen
2-1 Volmar Poulsen
2-2 Poul Andrias Jacobsen

ÍF Fuglafjørður - TB Tvøroyri 0-0

KÍ Klaksvík - NSÍ Runavík 5-6 (2-4)
0-1 Dánial Hansen
1-1 Hjalgrím Elttør
1-2 Christian Høgni Jacobsen
1-3 Jónsvein Petersen
2-3 Ovi Nysted
2-4 Helgi L. Petersen
2-5 Óli Hansen
2-6 Christian Høgni Jacobsen
3-6 Símun Joensen
4-6 Hjalgrím Elttør
5-6 Hjalgrím Elttør

VB Vágur - EB/Streymur 1-1 (0-1)
1-0 Gert Hansen
2-0 Edvard Ble

B36 Tórshavn - HB Tórshavn 2-1 (0-1)
0-1 Bárður Mortansson 44'
1-1 Allan Mørkøre 65'
2-1 Fróði Benjaminsen 73'

| Faroese Soccer | Table | Fixtures/Results | Top Scorers |
| Home of Soccer and Equipment |

Share this page: