September 11, 2005: Round 22 of the Formula 1st Division:

HB Tórshavn with a new coach win 4-1 over GÍ Gøta

HB Tórshavn – GÍ Gøta 4-1 (2-0)
1-0 Rókur av Fløtum Jespersen 31’
2-0 Jákup á Borg 45’
2-1 Krzystof Popczynski 58’
3-1 Hendrik Rubeksen 77’
4-1 Uni Arge 90’

HB Tórshavn got off to a winning start with new coach, Julian Hansen, as they beat a very tame GÍ Gøta-team by 4 goals to 1.

And there were some positive signs to see, as HB’s play was more structured than it has been for a long time and they didn’t just kick the long ball up to the big attacker, which has been HB’s tactics over a longer period of time now. But HB also looked like a team which has just started their season, as there were too many passes that were off course.

HB had several attempts at goal from the beginning of the match, especially from long-range efforts and one thunderous strike from far out hit the post and Jákup á Borg put the repost in the net but only to see the referee blow for offside.

But after 33 minutes, HB finally got their much deserved goal. Jákup á Borg went to the byline on the edge of the penalty area and played the ball to Rókur av Fløtum Jespersen center of goal, who put it in.

In the last minute of the first half Jákup á Borg was played free on the left side and one-on-one with the keeper, he made no mistake and put HB 2-0 up.

Between the two goals, Rasmus Nolsøe hit the post with a cracking free kick. It deserved better.

HB started the second half by creating several opportunities, but they all went missing. Instead, it was GÍ who got a goal out of nothing, when Krzystof Popczynski was played clear in the HB penalty area and placed the ball past Bárður Johannesen.

Until then, GÍ had showed nothing in the entire match, but suddenly HB were looking very shaky and GÍ threatened to level the score, although they didn’t create any clear-cut chances.

But HB held on and in the 77th minute, HB restored their 2 goal cushion, when Jákup á Borg played Hendrik Rubeksen (who had just been on the pitch for 7 minutes) through between two GÍ defenders and he controlled the ball well and scored with a low shot from close range.

After this, HB was in control again and in the last minute of the game, Uni Arge was played through, but he shot right on the keeper. However, from the following corner, Uni made up for his mistake when he headed in the corner into the net at the far post.

All in all a good result for HB and their new coach, but one thing is playing against a very tame GÍ- team; another thing is playing against a very gifted Skála team, which HB will visit next Sunday. Talking about Skála, they only managed a goalless draw away to KÍ Klaksvík today, so Skála’s lead over HB in the table was reduced to only 2 points, with B36 Tórshavn lying in-between, 1 point after Skála.

The other matches in round 22:

Skála dropped two important points today when they visited one of the bottom teams, KÍ Klaksvík and are now only 1 point ahead of B36 Tórshavn and 2 ahead of HB Tórshavn. KÍ seem to be improving, after having been in serious troubles earlier in the season, but still, they can’t feel sure, because there are only 2 points separating the 4 teams next to the bottom and the second to last team will play against no. 2 in the second division for the place in the first division next season. That game might become a tricky one this year, as both no. 1 and 2 in the second division seem to be quite strong this year.

B36 Tórshavn again had problem overcoming bottom team TB Tvøroyri, with whom they have drawn against twice before this season, but this time B36 finally managed a win. But B36 didn’t get their winning goal before 12 minutes from time. With the 3 points, B36 are now only 1 point behind Skála who are top of the table. TB on the other hand look set to being relegated as they surely cant catch the next team VB Vágur, being 5 points behind with only 5 games left.

EB/Streymur are running riots at the moment and are terrorizing every defense they encounter. This time they put 5 goals behind NSÍ Runavík and even allowed themselves to get behind 2-0 first.

ÍF Fuglafjørður and VB Vágur fought out a crazy 3-3 draw. ÍF were first to draw blood, when they score after only 3 minutes, but VB vágur leveled the score just a minute later. The VB got two goals in added time in the first half and were thus leading 3-1 at half time. But ÍF reduced the score line immediately after the break and approximately 10 minutes from the end, they equalized. Both of them are desperate for points, as they are placed 2nd and 3rd from the bottom with just one point separating them.

All the results from round 22:

KÍ Klaksvík – Skála 0-0

TB Tvøroyri – B36 Tórshavn 1-2 (1-1)
0-1 Allan Mørkøre
1-1 Óli Johannesen
1-2 Fróði Benjaminsen

NSÍ Runavík – EB/Streymur 2-5 (2-2)
1-0 Jústenes R. Hansen
2-0 Andy Olsen
2-1 Teitur Joensen
2-2 Ronnie Samuelsen
2-3 Sorin Anghel
2-4 Teitur Joensen
2-5 Sonni L. Petersen

ÍF Fuglafjørður – VB Vágur 3-3 (1-3)
1-0 Bartal Eliasen
1-1 Dan Djurhuus
1-2 Nenad Zivanovic
1-3 Nenad Zivanovic
2-3 Atli Petersen
3-3 Símun Eliasen

HB Tórshavn – GÍ Gøta 4-1 (2-0)
1-0 Rókur av Fløtum Jespersen 31’
2-0 Jákup á Borg 45’
2-1 Krzystof Popczynski 58’
3-1 Hendrik Rubeksen 77’
4-1 Uni Arge 90’

| Faroese Soccer | Table | Fixtures/Results | Top Scorers |
| Home of Soccer and Equipment |

Share this page: