July 2 - July 3, 2005: Round 15 of the Formula 1st Division:

HB Tórshavn fight back from 2-0 down
to earn a draw against VB Vágur

July 3, 2005:
VB Vágur - HB Tórshavn 2-2 (2-2)
1-0 Símun Samuelsen 21'
2-0 Dan Djurhuus 24'
2-1 Rókur av Fløtum Jespersen 38' (pen)
2-2 Hans á Lag 43'

VB made a shock start to the game and were leading 2-0 after 24 minutes. The first goal came from Símun Samuelsen, when he caught a badly played pass between two HB-defenders and just 3 minutes later, Dan Djurhuus made it 2-0 with a shot from 20 meters. The keeper looked a bit suspicious.

HB had chances of their own, but the closest they came was hitting the post.

But after 37 minutes, HB were awarded a penalty when a HB player was brought down in the penalty area. Rókur av Fløtum Jespersen made no mistake from the spot.

2 minutes from half time HB equalized. After a Rasmus Nolsøe corner, Hans á Lag headed the ball over the line. VB protested and claimed the ball had not crossed the line, but the referee judged it had.

Early in the second half, Dan Djurhuss almost made it 3 for VB, but Bárður Johannesen saved the shot.

75 minutes into the game, VB came as close as possible without scoring, when they hit the underside of the crossbar and the ball bounced off the line; - or that’s how the referee saw it (and the HB players), but the VB players claimed the ball had crossed the line. But no goal was awarded.

7 minutes from time, Hendrik Rubeksen got a glorious chance to put HB in front, but one on one with the keeper, he couldn’t score.

In the last minute, Hans á Lag almost stole victory for HB, but Bjarni Johansen saved with a foot parade.

HB’s after-match evaluation will a bit mixed. Going 2 behind after only 24 minutes is not acceptable, especially when it’s from personal mistakes, but on the other hand, HB will be happy that they at least salvaged a point from the game. And as B36 Tórshavn lost to EB/Streymur, the result is not catastrophic, but with Skála´s victory over NSÍ Runavík, HB, Skála and B36 are all tied with 29 points.

The other matches in round 15:

July 2, 2005:

IF Fuglafjørður finaly won a game again, when they beat KÍ Klaksvík 3-0 in the important bottom of the table-clash tonight. ÍF hadn’t won in their last 8 games, but their play has been better than the form-curve has suggested, and as KÍ themselves had lost 4 in succession before tonight’s match, ÍF had high hopes of getting 3 points on the table. KÍ’s problems, on the other hand, seem to be mounting. KÍ have now lost 5 in succession, and with matches against B36 Tórshavn, HB Tórshavn and NSÍ Runavík next, that 5 could grow to 6,7 and 8! And if it does, then KÍ will be in serious trouble and might not recover and could for the first time ever be relegated to the second division. An unlikely thought at the start of the season, but that is how reality is at the moment. KÍ also seem to be panicking, as they have started to dig former players out of retirement, even if they have quite capable players. Maybe the sacking of former coach, Ove Flindt Bjerg, was a bit premature and will come back to haunt KÍ. His plan was to build KÍ slowly, but securely, but the majority of the board became impatient and fired him. The chairman backed Mr Bjerg and quit his post as a result of the sacking.

July 3, 2005
The match between GÍ Gøta and TB Tvøroyri was called off, because the wind was too strong. A new date has not been set yet.

B36 Tórshavn’s inability to score goals was evident again today when they couldn’t score against EB/Streymur even if they dominated the game throughout the 90 minutes. Instead, EB/Streymur stole victory when Sonni L. Petersen scored midway into the second half.

Skála took first spot on the table, although with the same points as HB and B36, when they beat NSÍ Runavík. But it was NSÍ Runavík who went in front after only 2 minutes, but in the first minute of the second half, Skála equalized and later scored two more to win the match.

All the results from round 15:

July 2, 2005:
ÍF Fuglafjørður - KÍ Klaksvík 3-0 (2-0)
1-0 Eyðolvur R. Petersen 15'
2-0 Bartal Eliasen 42'
3-0 Bartal Eliasen 57'

July 3, 2005:
Skála - NSÍ Runavík 3-1 (0-1)
0-1 Óli Hansen 2'
1-1 Iulian Florescu 46'
2-1 Pætur Dam Jacobsen 60'
3-1 Hanus Thorleifson 71'

GÍ Gøta - TB Tvøroyri
Postponed because of strong wind. New date not set yet.

Update: July 14, 2005:
GÍ Gøta - TB Tvøroyru 2-1 (0-0)
1-0 Sámal Hansen (pen) 64'
1-1 Emmanuel Larby 78'
2-1 Sámal Hansen 90'

B36 - EB/Streymur 0-1 (0-0)
0-1 Sonni L. Petersen 74'

VB - HB 2-2 (2-2)
1-0 Símun Samuelsen 21'
2-0 Dan Djurhuus 24'
2-1 Rókur av Fløtum Jespersen '38 (pen)
2-2 Hans á Lag 43'

| Faroese Soccer | Table | Fixtures/Results | Top Scorers |
| Home of Soccer and Equipment |

Share this page: