April 10, 2005: Round 3 of the Formula 1st Division:

HB Tórshavn pick up bad habit again
by losing to VB Vágur

VB Vágur – HB Tórshavn 1-0 (0-0)
1-0 Milan Culjic '74

When HB won against VB in Vágur in 2003, it was HB’s first victory in Vágur since 1991. That victory was followed by another one in 2004, but today, 2005, things are back to normal, because HB lost by 1 goal to 0 in their away match in Vágur today.

The match was always expected to be difficult, but nevertheless, HB´s performance today is not to be excused by what was expected. The windy conditions didn’t help matters, but that excuse isn’t good enough either. The defense is too shaky and the attacking play is not up to par.

Midway through the second half, a HB mistake allowed a VB player through on the left hand side and he found Milan Culjic, who, even if he was surrounded by 2 HB players, had both time and space to make the shot which beat the HB goalkeeper. Defense must improve, if HB wants to fight for honors again this year. However, it’s a long season this year (extended from 18 to 27 matches), so there is still time…

About the rest of the match, there is not much to write home about. HB had maybe 2 or 3 chances in the whole game, of which one struck the woodwork, but VB also had other chances to score. One of those was when the VB goalkeeper, Bjarni Johansen, kicked the ball from his own penalty area and hit the crossbar of the HB goal (albeit with the help of the wind, which also says something about the conditions).

But the cold fact is that HB is now third from bottom.

The other matches in round 3:

A string of late goals changes many things in the 3rd round:

ÍF Fuglafjørður still top the table after a thrilling 3-3 match at Skála. Skála lead both 1-0, 2-1 and 3-2, but could not hold on to the lead and had to settle with a draw, when ÍF scored late in the game.

B36 Tórshavn finally managed to score a goal, but it took 89 minutes in the game against EB/Streymur and 269 minutes as a whole since the season started. That means pressure is of B36 for a while, but for how long? Because next time B36 will be away to ÍF, who top the table.

TB Tvøroyri spun another surprise thisweek, when they drew with NSÍ Runavík. NSÍ leveled the score 5 minutes into injury time!

KÍ Klaksvík is now level with ÍF on top, after they beat GÍ Gøta away from home. GÍ had equalized KÍ’s lead late in the game, but KÍ took all 3 points when they were awarded a penalty shortly before the final whistle.

All the results from round 3:

Skála – ÍF Fuglafjørður 3-3 (2-1)
1-0 Johnard Frederiksberg '6
1-1 Poul Ennigarð '11
2-1 Bogi Gregersen '28
2-2 Høgni Zachariassen '50
3-2 Bogi Gregersen '57
3-3 Magni á Lakjuni '87

NSÍ Runavík– TB Tvøroyri 1-1 (0-1)
0-1 Óli Johannesen '6
1-1 Andy Olsen '90

B36 Tórshavn - EB/Streymur 1-0 (0-0)
1-0 Obi '89

GÍ Gøta – KÍ Klaksvík 1-2 (0-0)
0-1 Heðin á Lakjuni '65
1-1 Suni Olsen '84
1-2 Atli Danielsen '87 (pen.)

VB Vágur – HB Tórshavn 1-0 (0-0)
1-0 Milan Culjic '74

| Faroese Soccer | Table | Fixtures/Results | Top Scorers |
| Home of Soccer and Equipment |

Share this page: