April 03, 2005: Round 2 of the Formula 1st Division:

HB Tórshavn score the winner in injury-time

HB Tórshavn - NSÍ Runavík 2-1 (1-1)
1-0 John Heri Dam '20
1-1 Andy Olsen '45
2-1 Rúni Nolsøe '90

HB looked to have squandered their chance of wining the game against NSÍ, when they could not take any of three great chances in the second half.

But in injury time, Captain Rúni Nolsøe unleashed his gun from 17 meters and Jens Martin Knudsen was beaten. – A spectacular goal!

However, NSÍ could easily have scored 2 or 3 goals in the first half, when the HB defense looked rather unorganized. But slowly, HB improved and started to create some chances of their own.

And halfway through the first half, HB took the lead from a shot by John Heri Dam. He looked to be in a relatively un-dangerous position outside the penalty area, but a cheeky and curly low shot seemed to take bobble hat-keeper Jens Martin Knudsen by surprise.

HB were just preparing to go to the half time break with the one goal lead when the referee awarded NSÍ a free kick from 25 meters. The clock showed 46:30 when Andy Olsen struck the ball and half a second later the ball was planted in the top left hand corner. A stunning free kick!

In the second half NSÍ looked to be satisfied with a draw as they created between nil and nothing. On the other hand, HB created three clear-cut chances; two of them fell to Tór-Ingar Akselsen, who has been in electrifying form from the start of the season, but in both incidents, he shot right at keeper Jens Martin Knudsen.

With these missed opportunities, HB looked to have missed their chance for victory, but in the 92nd minute, HB veteran and captain, Rúni Nolsøe, scored in a last gasp effort from just outside the penalty area.

Other results today also went as HB would have hoped, as other preseason favorites lost points.

HB has now started its March for the championship...

The other matches in round 2:

The most notable result was probably that B36 could only manage a draw away to TB, winners of last year’s 2nd division. B36 was reckoned as one of the favourites for the title this year, but after 2 games they only have 1 point. Even if B36 has made quite a few investments in new players this year (again), their attacking force has been very disappointing so far.

Another result to note is that for the first time in 17 years, ÍF beat neighbours GÍ with 4 goals to 3. ÍF is now top of the table. But surely they will not stay there for long…

KÍ, another contender for the title, got only 1 point today, when they drew against VB. KÍ equalized with a late penalty.

Neither EB/Streymur nor Skála could score in their match, so they got one point each.

All the results from round 2:

KÍ Klaksvík – VB Vágur 1-1 (0-0)
0-1 Milan Culic '63(pen.)
1-1 Atli Danielsen '85(pen.)

TB Tvøroyri – B36 Tórshavn 0-0

EB/Streymur – Skála 0-0

ÍF Fuglafjørur – GÍ Gøta 4-3 (1-1)
1-0 Hanus Eliasen '40
1-1 Súni Olsen '50(pen.)
2-1 Gunnar Nielsen '72
2-2 Krzystof Popczynski ´75
3-2 Magni á Lakjuni '78
4-2 Sylla D. Amed '83
4-3 Owngoal '90

HB Tórshavn - NSÍ Runavík 2-1 (1-1)
1-0 John Heri Dam '20
1-1 Andy Olsen '45
2-1 Rúni Nolsøe '90

| Faroese Soccer | Table | Fixtures/Results | Top Scorers |
| Home of Soccer and Equipment |

Share this page: