August 24 & 25:
Round 21 of the premier division "Effodeildin":

August 24:

HB Tórshavn - B68 Toftir 3-0 (1-0)
1-0 Poul Ingason
2-0 Pál Mohr Joensen
3-0 Fróði Benjaminsen

It was a walk in the park for HB against B68 who clearly are the weakest team in the division - the table in not lying about that fact.

HB goalkeeper Teitur Gestsson did not have to make any save during the entire 90 minutes while his colleague at the other end, Hans Jørgensen, was kept busy for most of the match.

Jørgensen had been tested a couple of times when Poul Ingason brought HB in front after 35 minutes after some ping-pong in the penalty area following a corner, and less than three minutes later Pál Mohr Joensen doubled the lead after a rebound.

Joensen did most of the spadework for HB’s third goal less than 10 minutes after the break, making sharp dribbles in the penalty area to get past a couple of defenders but lost the ball just as he was about to fire, however the ball fell to Fróði Benjaminsen who buried it into the back of the net.

HB seemed to be content with the result and made sure to get their players through the match in a healthy condition before the cup final against Víkingur on Saturday.

Víkingur - NSÍ Runavík 6-1 (3-0)
1-0 Finnur Justinussen
2-0 Súni Olsen
3-0 Hallur Hansson
4-0 Sølvi Vatnhamar
4-1 Árni Frederiksberg
5-1 Sølvi Vatnhamar
6-1 Finnur Justinussen

After five draws in a row, Víkingur seem to be peaking a week ahead of the cup final as they thrash NSÍ Runavík 6-1.

Víkingur romped to a 2-0 lead in 13 minutes; Finnur Justinussen opening the scoring after 11 minutes before Súni Olsen doubled the lead a couple of minutes later. Hallur Hansson added a third with a header five minutes before half-time.

Víkingur had no intention of slowing down in the second half as Sølvi Vatnhamar made it 4-0 after 10 minutes.

Árni Frederiksberg then pulled a goal back two minutes later, but Vatnhamar scored again midway through the half before Justinussen ended the party with his second goal of the match to make in 6-1 about five minutes from the end.

AB Argir - EB/Streymur 0-0

The stalemate was a setback for EB/Streymur’s quest for third place in the table as they drop two points below Víkingur in 3rd who also have a game in hand. But also their current 4th place, which ensures the Europa League ticket, comes under threat by NSÍ Runavíkthree points behind, but with a game in hand (against Víkingur).

But it could have gone even worse for EB/Streymur as AB hit the upright midway through the first half, but on the other hand only a super save from AB’s goalkeeper Heðin Stenberg denied Arnbjørn Hansen’s header from going in early in the second half.

B36 Tórshavn - KÍ Klaksvík 0-1 (0-0): 
0-1 Bárður Heinesen

B36 had the most and best of the chances, but they were all squandered and instead it was KÍ Klaksvík who celebrated their 110 year anniversary on the day by beating the table toppers with a goal just before the end of normal time by substitute Bárður Heinesen - who switched from HB Tórshavn to KÍ midway through the season – to open up the title race again as B36’s lead over HB shrunk to 4 points after today’s matches.

25 August:

Skála - ÍF Fuglafjørður 0-2 (0-0)
0-1 Bartal Eliasen
0-2 Kristoffur Jakobsen

If Skála’s chances for survival were slim before the match, and after tonight’s defeat they must be considered mathematical only as they are 10 points adrift of the crucial 8t place which AB Argir are occupying.

It took just over an hour for the visitors to take the lead thanks to a header from the veteran Bartal Eliasen, and as Skála were gambling towards the end – with their goalkeeper coming forward for a corner in the dying moments – ÍF countered to make it 2-0 through Kristoffur Jacobsen. 

Faroe Islands Football | Fixtures/Results | Table | Top Scorers