August 02 - 04:
Round 17 of the premier division "Effodeildin":

August 02:

Skála - B68 Toftir 1-0 (0-0)
1-0 Pætur Dam Jacobsen

Massive points were at stake as a loser would fall so much behind that hopes of survival would look slim.

Chances were few and far between, but in the latter stages of the second half Skála managed to put some pressure on B68 and reaped the reward with 20 minutes remaining when Pætur Dam Jacobsen turned in from a low corner.

With the knowledge of AB’s win over HB on Sunday, B68 are now 8 points adrift from the crucial safety-position in 8th place and will find it extremely difficult to overcome that.

Skála are still hanging in there, but the five points they have to cut back on AB will also prove difficult.

August 03:

EB/Streymur - B36 Tórshavn 1-0 (0-0)
1-0 Arnbjørn Hansen

B36 were defeated for the first time this season but stay 7 points clear at the top of the table, as HB failed to take advantage.

After chances to both teams in the first half, B36 dominated the second half, but EB/Streymur scored the winner against the run of play in the 77th minute when striker Arnbjørn Hansen chested the ball before he volleyed past Tórður Thomsen in the B36 goal.

HB Tórshavn - AB Argir 1-2 (1-0)
0-1 Jobin Drangastein
1-1 Poul Ingason
1-2 Mikkjal Hentze

With B36’s first defeat of the season, HB had a golden opportunity to cut the gap to only four points, but were stunned by their neighbours from AB who won 2-1.

HB were missing influential midfielder and top scorer Fróði Benjaminsen through suspension, and as also the other muscleman in midfield, Heini Vatnsdal, is missing through injury, in addition to three or four other regular starters, HB were a weakened side, but take nothing away from AB however, who took the lead after a quarter of an hour where Jógvan Andrias Skeel Nolsøe made the foreplay on the left hand side before making a cross which HB failed to clear properly and the ball fell to a clear Jobin Drangastein who found the back of the net.

But it was HB who had a clear majority of possession, but rarely did they produce real scoring opportunities - just once actually, when Kristin R. Mouritsen was played clear, but his effort from close range was blocked by AB goalkeeper Heðin Stenberg. The rest could at best be called half-chances.

The second half followed a similar pattern, where HB had most of the possession, but found it difficult to break down the hard-working and well organized AB team who played with many men behind the ball. However, the pressure eventually increases, and in the 62nd minute, Poul Ingason – who had come on 10 minutes earlier – headed in the equalizer as the jógvan Rói Davidsen cross sailed over defence and goalkeeper.

But HB failed to capitalize from the momentum and instead it was AB who so nearly regained the lead again where first Hørður Mohr struck the post from long range and shortly after Teitur Gestsson had to make a superb save to deny Dmitrije Jankovic from scoring at the near post.

Two warnings apparently weren’t enough for HB, because in the 83rd minute Mikkjal Hentze – who had come on 13 minutes earlier - was played clear to put the visitors in front again.

HB had no real response in the remaining 7 + 5 minutes, and as the fixtures are running out – 10 rounds remain - HB are running out of options too to cut B36’s 7-point lead.

KÍ Klaksvík - NSÍ Runavík 2-2 (2-1)
1-0 Árni frederiksberg
1-1 Páll Klettskarð (pen)
2-1 Heðin klakstein
2-2 Christian Høgni Jacobsen

Striker Christian Høgni Jacobsen, who hasn’t played for NSÍ since 2011, stole the headlines with his 87th minute equalizer in his first game after having rejoined NSÍ in the summer break.

NSÍ had also taken the lead in the match after 15 minutes through Árni Frederiksberg, but Páll Klettskarð equalized with a spot kick seven minutes later before Heðin Klakstein headed KÍ in front five minutes before the break.

04 August:

ÍF Fuglafjørður - Víkingur 2-2 (1-1)
0-1 Bárður Hansen
1-1 Clayton Soares
1-2 Finnur Justinussen
2-2 Karl Løkin

Despite of having centre-back Atli Gregersen sent off for retaliation midway through the first half it was Víkingur who took the lead inside the last 10 minutes of the first half through right back Bárður Hansen, but Clayton Soares restored parity as he lobbed over the Víkingur goalkeeper Geza Turi shortly before the break.

10-man Víkingur regained the lead before the hour-mark when Finnur Justinussen slotted home from a Hansen free kick.

Víkingur had rested profiles Súni Olsen, Hallur Hansson and Andreas Lava Olsen for their Europa League match in the 3rd qualification round on Thursday, but these were all introduced midway through the second half, and it looked like Víkingur were going to control the points home, but were stunned to see Karl Løkin salvage a point for ÍF with a well placed strike into the far bottom corner with less than three minutes remaining of normal time.

Faroe Islands Football | Fixtures/Results | Table | Top Scorers