June 27:
Round 15 of the premier division "Effodeildin":

Víkingur - HB Tórshavn 0-0
HB dropped 7 points below leaders B36 Tórshavn after the stalemate with Víkingur who dominated the majority of the match and created the best scoring opportunity.

Especially the first half was dominated by Víkingur who had about three big chances to take the lead in addition to a couple of half-chances – a couple of times HB’s defence made big blunders that could have cost dearly. 

Towards the end HB did get one great opportunity however, when new acquirement Jóan Símun Edmundsson got clear in the penalty area, but his intended lob was too vertical and stopped by a defender which gave Edmundsson a new opportunity from the rebound, but this time he fire well wide.

Víkingur continued to be the more threatening team from the start of the second half, but after a quarter of an hour, HB finally managed to get some strings of passes together and midway through the half, Edmundsson’s header clipped the crossbar.

However, it was still Víkingur who was the more threatening side, and when HB late in the game had an opportunity with 3 against 3, Símun Samuelsen squandered what could have been a fine opportunity, by curling wide from a way  too optimistic attempt.

HB will now have to cut the 7-point gap to leaders B36 to at least 4 points before the last game of the season which is against exactly B36 where the y will have the opportunity to take the last three points – this recipe depending on goal difference, though.

B36 Tórshavn - ÍF Fuglafjørður 1-0 (1-0)
1-0 Jákup á Borg (pen)

The 36th minute turned out to be the lucky number for B36 when the Swedish referee Nermin Cisic deemed that Lukasz Cieslewicz had been floored irregularly and from the spot Jákup á Borg converted safely to score his 8th goal of the season as he now need only one more to equal John Petersen’s all time league scoring record.

For the most, the match was pretty even where B36 could have added to their tally and where ÍF on the other hand could have equalized.

AB Argir - B68 Toftir 3-2 (1-2)
0-1 Ovi Brim
1-1 Hørður Mohr
1-2 Jann Ingi Petersen
2-2 Magnus Egilsson
3-2 Dion Splidt

B68 hadn´t scored a single goal on away soil before today while AB hadn't won a single match at home. Both statistics were broken today, though, as AB won for the first time and B68 scored twice on away soil, although that helped little in the end for B68. 

But B68 got off to a perfect start, though, when Ovi Brim headed them in front following a corner in the 8th minute.

But the lead was short-lived – at first – as Hørður Mohr equalized the minute after.

However, the visitors regained the lead just four minutes later with a Jann Ingi Petersen strike from the edge of the penalty area.

AB thereafter put B68 under heavy pressure which finally paid dividend a couple of minutes after half-time when Magnus Egilsson slotted in the equalizer, and with a quarter of a an hour remaining, Dion Splidt scored the winner for AB.

Skála - KÍ Klaksvík 2-0 (0-0)
1-0 Holgar Djurhuus
2-0 Ólavur Mikkelsen

Skála refuse to give in, and with their first win of their season, they stay within touching distance of AB Argir in the crucial 8th place, 4 points in front.

After an even 70 minutes where Skála had had the better scoring opportunities though, they finally made them count with two goals in quick succession by Holgar Djurhuus and Ólavur MIkkelsen.

NSÍ Runavík - EB/Streymur 1-2 (1-1)
0-1 Arnbjørn Hansen
1-1 Klæmint Olsen
1-2 Niels Pauli Danielsen

EB/Streymur’s instability continues – this time on a positive note for them, while NSÍ’s still only have managed to beat the three bottom teams.

With goals from Arnbjørn Hansen and Klæmint Olsen – both headers - in the 26th and 27th minute, the teams cancelled each other out before Niels Pauli Danielsen five minutes from time scored the winner for EB/Streymur after a cross from Hans Pauli Samuelsen, his second assist in the match.


The league now takes a summer break and will resume on 27 July.

Faroe Islands Football | Fixtures/Results | Table | Top Scorers