April 11 & 13, 2014:
Round 04 of the premier division "Effodeildin":

April 11:

B36 Tórshavn - HB Tórshavn 1-1 (0-1)
0-1 Christian R. Mouritsen
1-1 Jákup á Borg

HB were winning as the time had elapsed 90 minutes, but from a short corner, Jákup á Borg hammered the ball into the far top corner to rescue a point for B36.

Although HB had taken the lead after half an hour, it was B36 who had dominated proceedings until then with free flowing attacking football.

B36 went close twice in the first 10 minutes of the match where first Lukasz Cieslewicz did well to cover the ball before he fired from the edge of the penalty area, but Heðin Stenberg was alert and dived to his left to block the shot away to safety.

Stenberg – on loan from AB Argir to cover for injured Teitur Gestsson – had to be at his best again few minutes later when Nigerian forward Adeshina Lawal had a fine opportunity from close range.

After Fróðu Benjaminsen had an effort for HB, B36 went close again at the other end where a powerful in-swinging corner was headed off the line.

HB were not quite anonymous at the other end though and Heini Vatnsdal went close a couple of times, as well as a cross from the right almost caught the B36 goalkeeper out, but he managed to avert the ball around his far post.

And on the half-hour HB went on to take the lead after a counterattack where midfielder Vatnsdal fought well to win the ball and released Kristin R. Mouritsen down the left hand flank to make a cross in front of goal which B36 didn’t managed to clear properly, and instead Christian Mouritsen fired the rebound into the back of the net for a HB lead.

After that B36’s pressure faded and from the start of the second half it was HB who was the better team and within 10 minutes Christian Mouritsen should have doubled HB’s lead as he had a free sight of goal in side the penalty area, but he steered his shot wide of the goal.

HB could have secured the victory after 88 minutes when Andrew av Fløtum rounded the advancing goalkeeper, but from the acute angle, av Fløtum made a cross in front of goal where Levi Hanssen struck the ball on the post.

B36 had frequented around HB’s penalty area in the latter stages of the match, but failed to really create dangerous opportunities, but just as the clock was elapsing the 90-minutes mark, HB were caught sleeping by a short corner where after Lawal found á Borg who hammered the ball into the far top corner from the edge of the penalty area to rescue a point for B36.

April 13:

EB/Streymur – KÍ Klaksvík 3-1 (2-0)
1-0 Hans Pauli Samuelsen (pen)
2-0 Niels Pauli Danielsen
3-0 Gunnar Zachariasen
3-1 Ndende Adama Guéye

EB/Streymur laid their foundation for the victory inside the first 10 minutes where Hans Pauli Samuelsen opened the scoring from the penalty spot after a handball and just a couple of minutes later Arnbjørn Hansen set up Niels Pauli Danielsen to doubled the lead.

EB/Streymur look sharper in attack with Hansen backing in the team, while KÍ miss their top scorer Páll Klettskarð who is sidelined with a foot injury.

Although KÍ had scoring opportunities before half time, EB/Streymur could just as well have added to their own tally.

And they did exactly that midway through the second half when Gunnar Zachariasen was at the end of a free kick to slot home from close range to make it 3-0 before Senegalese Ndende score a late consolation for KÍ in the dying moments.

ÍF Fuglafjørður – NSÍ Runavík 2-1 (2-0)
1-0 Clayton Soares
2-0 Dánjal á Lakjuni
2-1 Árni Frederiksberg

ÍF are on the move after a slow start to the season following their second win in succession as they inflict table-toppers NSÍ with their first point-loss of the season.

The home-team took advantage of NSÍ’s dismal first half display and took the lead through Brazilian Clayton Soares after 10 minutes from a counter attack.

The home team strengthen their lead 10 minutes before half time with a header from Dánjal á Lakjuni.

Árni Frederiksberg pulled a goal back 10 minutes from the restart, but although it was tense for the rest of the match, ÍF held out to bag another three points.

Víkingur – B68 Toftir 1-0 (0-0)
1-0 Heðin Hansen

Víkingur had problems penetrating the well organized B68 defence who managed to hold for 70 minutes when Heðin Hansen scored the winning goal with an easy tap-in from Sølvi Vatnhamars cross.

AB Argir – Skála 1-1 (0-1)
0-1 Jákup Johansen
1-1 Sorin Anghel

Skála were set for their first win of the season as they were leading with the goal Jákup Johansen scored shortly before the break, but had to settle for a draw in added time as Sorin Anghel equalized with a diving header from a long throw-in.

Moments later AB centre-back Sørin Samuelsen was sent off for a second bookable offence while Skála felt they were robbed for a penalty.

Faroe Islands Football | Fixtures/Results | Table | Top Scorers