August 18 & 19, 2012:
Round 20 of the premier league "effodeildin":

August 18

Víkingur - B68 Toftir 2-0 (0-0)
1-0 Filip Djordjevic
2-0 Hjartvard Hansen

Víkingur climbed back to a provisional second place in the table as they overcame relegation-threatened B68 Toftir with two second-half goals.

After a goalless first half, where Víkingur had been the slightly better team, the deadlock was broken a few minutes into the second half thanks to a solo effort from Filip Djordjevic where he went past three opponents before he fired the ball into the back of the net from within the penalty area.

Víkingur doubled their lead midway through the half when Ivorian Evrard Ble orchestrated a move that released Sølvi Vatnhamar who squared the ball for Hjartvard Hansen in front of goal to finish the attack with a simple finish.

On Friday 25 August Víkingur play EB/Streymur in the Cup final on Tórsvøllur Stadium in Tórshavn, where the previous grass surface has now been switched to artificial grass.

August 19

EB/Streymur - TB Tvøroyri 3-2 (0-1)
0-1 Bojan Timic
1-1 Leif Niclasen
1-2 Dmitrije Jankovic
2-2 Arnbjørn Hansen
3-2 Hans Pauli Samuelsen

“EB/Streymur’s lethal attacking trio beat TB’s Serbian duo” could be a summarizing of the game as EB/Streymur came from 1-0 and 2-1 down to win 3-2 in the end.

TB were leading 1-0 at half time through a stunning free kick from Serbian forward Bojan Timic from some 20 metres.

EB/Streymur had again rested striker Arnbjørn Hansen - who is nursing an injury - in the first half as well as attacking midfielder Hans Pauli Samuelsen. – A minute after Hansen had come on in the 53rd minute, EB/Streymur drew level, although Hansen wasn’t directly involved with the goal. It was forward Leif Niclasen who tapped-in after a flat cross to the far-post.

But TB reclaimed the lead just before the hour-mark when Serbian defender Dmitrije Jankovic scored following a set piece.

A quarter of an hour later, Hansen once again proved his predatory skills to level the match again as he was played clear by Pauli G. Hansen.

TB could have regained the lead once more when Timic set up Gilli Sørensen who however squandered the best opportunity of the match, and instead it was Hans Pauli Samuelsen who 5 minutes before the end of normal time, and quarter of an hour after he had come on, clinched victory for EB/Streymur with a terrific shot from within the penalty area.

TB, who are one point below the relegation-line, a point adrift of B68 Toftir in 8th place, will fancy their chances against FC Suðuroy in the Suðuroy derby in the next round (Wednesday 29 August) while B68 have a tough match at home against KÍ Klaksvík.

EB/Streymur play the cup final on Saturday 25 August against Víkingur, before they visit no. 2 ÍF Fuglafjørður in the top match the following Wednesday

B36 Tórshavn - ÍF Fuglafjørður 0-2 (0-1)
0-1 Bartal Eliasen
0-2 Clayton Soares

ÍF won their 6th match in a row against a weakened B36 team who started with half-injured Súni Olsen
Lukasz Cieslewicz on the bench and was without normal backs Høgni Eysturoy and Símun Joensen (both injured) as well as Jákup á Borg who was serving a suspension.

After an even 20 minutes ÍF took the lead from a free kick combination, where Bogi Løkin made the pass to Dánjal á Lakjuni who again found Bartal Eliasen in front of goal to make the easy tap-in.

B36 had their best period of the game when they brought on their offensive weapons on the bench, Cieslewicz, Olsen and Gunnar Zachariasen, in the 58th minute, but it was also during this period that ÍF sealed the points, in the 73rd minute, when Nenad Saric scored on a rebound after Meinhardt Joensen had made an initial save from a clear Clayton Soares.

As the league takes a rest next weekend, which is set aside to the cup final, where EB/Streymur play Víkingur, ÍF might have fresher legs for the top clash against EB/Streymur next Wednesday, 29th August.

NSÍ Runavík - FC Suðuroy 5-1 (1-1)
1-0 Árni Frederiksberg
1-1 David Asare
2-1 Árni Frederiksberg
3-1 Jann Martin Mortensen
4-1 Magnus Olsen
5-1 Jann Martin Mortensen

FC Suðuroy though they were on to something when David Asare levelled the score with a header on 28 minutes after Árni Frederiksberg had given the home team the lead after only 5 minutes.

But when Frederiksberg restored NSÍ’s lead 10 minutes through the second half, FC Suðuroy’s floodgates opened as they gambled in quest for an equalizer. Jann Martin Mortensen scored a brace to make it 3-1 and 5-1 in the 63 and 92nd minute with a goal from Magnus Olsen in-between after 80 minutes.

With B68 and TB 4 and 5 points below – which in effect is 5 and 6 points because of NSÍ’s superior goal difference – NSÍ will feel just a bit more relaxed. But fully knowing that they are far from safe.

KÍ Klaksvík - HB Tórshavn 1-2 (1-0)
1-0 Páll Klettskarð
1-1 Fróði Benjaminsen
1-2 Owngal

HB have set their sight on a European spot as they closed the gap to 4th placed KÍ to only 2 points after coming from behind to win with a lucky goal five minutes from the end.

All in all, HB created more and better scoring opportunities – the best a header from Fróði Benjaminsen on the crossbar from a corner - but it was KÍ who took the lead 10 minutes before halftime when Heðin á Lakjuni got to the by-line and made a flat cross in front of goal where Páll Klettskarð swept the ball across the line.

Early in the second half, HB goalkeeper Teitur Gestsson was substituted as he sustained a concussion after a late and reckless challenge by a KÍ-player.

HB missed sitters before they finally managed to equalize with a quarter of an hour remaining after a cross from the left to the far post where Benjaminsen tucked it in.

HB scored the winner with a bit of luck with 5 minutes remaining when a cross from Alex dos Santos hit the post before it ricocheted off goalkeeper Andras Gango and into the goal.

KÍ have now lost 3 matches in a row and have only picked up 1 point in their last 4 matches.