August 10 & 11, 2012:
Round 19 of the premier league "effodeildin":

August 10

HB Tórshavn - Víkingur 0-0

Víkingur had the better opening to the game and were close to taking the lead within five minutes when Hans Jørgen Djurhuus was in a good position to shoot inside the penalty area, but the shot was blocked by a defender.

Five minutes later Fróði Benjaminsen went close at the other for HB, but his diagonal shot went just wide of the far post.

HB took more and more control of the game an were having several attempts from long range. Hallur Hansson troubled Gezza Turi in the Víkingur goal with a free kick that Turi gave a rebound on, and moments later he was stretched by an effort from Rókur av Fløtum Jespersen, before Christioan R. Mouritsen shot wide a bit later.

Just after the half-hour, Mouritsen had a golden opportunity to give HB the lead, but with the goal at his mercy, he steered the ball over the goal from close range.

Víkingur had been very tame during the first half and never threatened after the opening 10 minutes.

HB continued to dominate from the start of the second half and av Fløtum Jespersen was given a fine opportunity when the ball fell to him after a corner, but he failed to keep his shot down and fired well over.

Símun Samuelsen went might close when he tried to curl an effort around Turi and into the far side of the goal, but the attempt went narrowly wide of the far post.

Also a header went just narrowly wide of the far post.

But in the last 20 minutes of the match, Víkingur improved and took control of the match and were having some attempts from long range; the best effort a free kick from Kaj Leo í Bartalstovu that stretched HB goalkeeper Teitur Gestsson.

Víkingur had a couple of attempts in the dying minutes, but the shot from Per Gregersen was saved by Gestsson while a Djurhuus-header from a corner went over.

With the one point, Víkingur cling on to their hope of becoming champions, but will likely drop to 4 points adrift of EB/Streymur who surely will be FC Suðuroy on Saturday.

If HB had any hopes of catching EB/Streymur before today’s match, those hopes have surely been buried now as HB will drop 9 points off the pace if EB/Streymur beat FC Suðuroy.

August 10

EB/Streymur - FC Suðuroy 4-2 (1-1)
0-1 John T. Poulsen
1-1 Gert Hansen
1-2 Jón Krosslá Poulsen
2-2 Arnbjørn Hansen
3-2 Arnbjørn Hansen
4-2 Sorin Anghel

EB/Streymur were living dangerously against rock-bottom FC Suðuroy who were leading both 1-0 and 2-1 until striker Arnbjørn Hansen came on for EB/Streymur in the 58th minute and scored a brace within a quarter of an hour to turn the score-line around.

EB/Streymur had fielded a team with the absence of three of their regular players and with Arnbjørn Hansen on the bench which FC Suðuroy took advantage of midway through the first half with a fine strike from John T. Poulsen from the edge of the penalty area.

But EB/Streymur restored parity on the strike of half-time with a far-post header from defender Gert Hansen.

FC Suðuroy regained the lead 10 minutes through the second half when Jón Krosslá Poulsen took advantage of a mix-up between the EB/Streymur goalkeeper and a defender.

Three minutes later Arnbjørn Hansen was introduced, and within a quarter of an hour he had brought EB/Streymur in front with two assists from Pætur Dam Jacobsen.

Five minutes from the end Hanen turned provider when he set up Sorin Anghel to make it 4-2.

TB Tvøroyri - B36 Tórshavn 0-0
TB and B36 produced the second goalless draw of the round and the 5th in total of the season after a match that produced few scoring opportunities, where B36 had more of the possession.

TB are still lying in 9th place which means relegation, but only one and two points adrift of B68 Toftir and NSÍ Runavík, respectively. TB’s last match of the season is at home against B68. How significant will that match turn out to be…?

B68 Toftir - NSÍ Runavík 1-1 (0-0)
1-0 Christian Høgni Jacobsen
1-1 Klæmint Olsen

After a goalless first half, the deadlock was broken after 57 minutes when Christian Høgni Jacobsen fired the ball into the back of the net against his former team-mates, after a surging run into the penalty area.

But the lead was short-lived as NSÍ levelled the match the following minute after some ping-pong in front of the B68 goal where Klæmint Olsen turned to rifle past Hans Jørgensen after a pass from Helgi L. Petersen.

10 minutes later NSÍ defender Viljormur Davidsen was sent off after some ill chosen words to the referee. However, it didn’t have much affect on the rest of the match.

As only two points separate NSÍ, B68 and TB Tvøroyri, we can expect the relegation battle to go to the wire.

ÍF Fuglafjørður - KÍ Klaksvík 5-2 (1-1)
1-0 Clayton Soares
1-1 Henry Heinesen
2-1 Clayton Soares
3-1 Høgni Madsen
3-2 Bárður J. Heinesen
4-2 Bartal Eliasen
5-2 Clayton Soares

ÍF climbed to second place in the table with their 5th win in succession by beating former table-toppers KÍ who have only bagged a single point in their last 3 matches who have all been against the top teams.

After KÍ had started best, ÍF eventually took over and took the lead after 26 minutes when KÍ couldn’t keep out a Clayton Soares header from a corner which in the end was registered as an owngoal from KÍ goalkeeper Andras Gango. (The goal was later accredited Soares).

But KÍ were level again six minutes later when Henry Heinesen headed home at the near post from a Heðin á Lakjuni free kick.

ÍF regained the lead in the first minute of the second half with a header from Soares, and when Høgni Madsen made it 3-1 with another header, the contest looked over.

But KÍ pulled a goal back in the 72nd minutes when Bárður J. Heinesen turned in a rebound off the post from Páll Klettskarð’s initial header.

However, ÍF restored their two-goal cushion in the 79th minute when Bartal Eliasen in two attempts scored from a corner, and 3 minutes later Soares cemented the victory with another header from yet another cross by Karl Løkin who was the master of no less than 4 assists. This was the Brazilian's 3rd hat trick this season.