July 22 and August 01, 2012:
Round 16 of the premier league "effodeildin":

July 22

HB Tórshavn - NSÍ Runavík 2-4 (0-2)
0-1 Klæmint Olsen (pen)
0-2 Pól Jóhannus Justinussen
0-3 Árni Frederiksberg
1-3 Rókur av Fløtum Jespersen
1-4 Klæmint Olsen
2-4 Vagnur Mohr Mortensen

HB looked to be cruising in the first half hour of the game, where NSÍ hardly ever touched the ball on the HB-half. But although HB had most of the possession, their front-men aren’t really threatening and HB failed to create clear-cut scoring opportunities.

Instead HB were hit by a sucker punch after 29 minutes when the referee apparently spotted the ball slightly touching the arm of defender Jóhan Troest Davidsen after a cross and awarded the penalty. Klæmint Olsen safely converted from the spot.

10 minutes later NSÍ doubled their lead, and again the goal came out of nothing as HB carelessly gave the ball away just outside the penalty area, and from 20 metres NSÍ’s new acquisition Pól Jóhannus Justinussen scored with a well placed flat shot where HB goalkeeper Teitur Gestsson was slow to get down.

HB continued to keep on to the possession in the second half, but it was NSÍ who continued to score as they made it 3-0 within 5 minutes of the restart with an exemplary counter attack where Jann Martin Mortensen raced down the right hand side and got past the – sloppy - defender, to finally play Árni Frederiksberg clear on the other side to fire the ball into the back of the net.

HB pulled a goal back in the 58th minute after a fine strike from Rókur av Fløtum Jespersen outside the penalty area after NSÍ failed to properly clear from a cross.

HB will have dreamed about doing a similar comeback as they did in the reverse match earlier in the season where they came from 2-0 down to win 4-2 in the last quarter of an hour.

And HB had a couple of useful opportunities; a long range effort from av Fløtum Jespersen which stretched Christian Joensen in the NSÍ goal, and also Símun Samuelsen was in a fine position to shot moments later, but failed to hit he target. But any hopes of a memorable comeback were shattered when Klæmint Olsen made it 4-1 to the visitors with a quarter of an hour remaining. At first, the referee had waved play on as he hadn’t spotted the ball crossing the line – it was a “Wembley 66 situation” – but after consulting with the assistant referee, he changed his decision and allowed the goal. – Which, according to those who were close to the situation, was the correct decision.

Five minutes from the end of normal time Vagnur Mohr Mortensen reduced the deficit with a well taken free kick from the half-circle.

TB Tvøroyri - KÍ Klaksvík 1-6 (1-1)
0-1 Páll Klettskarð
1-1 Owngoal
1-2 Heðin Klakstein
1-3 Henry Heinesen
1-4 Hjalgrím Elttør
1-5 Andy Olsen
1-6 Ivan Joensen

KÍ Klaksvík rose to the top of the table with their 10th win in their last 11 matches, demolishing TB Tvøroyri who seem to be getting into real problems again, having been in a relatively safe position a few round ago.

KÍ took the lead on 34 minutes when Páll Klettskarð took advantage of a poor back-pass to the goalkeeper, but TB levelled the score shortly before half time – or rather, KÍ levelled the score as the goal was registered as a John Hammer own goal.

KÍ found it easier playing against the wind in the second half as they scored five goals; all from different players which also says something about the broad talented squad of youngsters KÍ have.

Heðin Klakstein regained KÍ’s lead within 3 minutes of the restart before Henry Heinesen made it 3-1 on a counter attack 10 minutes later.

Hjalgrím Elttør then increased to 4-1 before Andy Olsen and Ivan Joensen in quick succession inside the last 10 minutes made it 5-1 and 6-1.

On Friday, KÍ take on Víkingur who are currently 3rd in the table, 4 points behind KÍ and with a game in hand.

EB/Streymur - B36 Tórshavn 1-1 (0-1)
0-1 Atli Danielsen (pen)
1-1 Levi Hanssen

B36 Tórshavn, who finally have all their best men available after suffering from countless injuries, took the lead after 20 minutes on a penalty from Atli Danielsen after Pauli G. Hansem rather clumsily had brought down Róaldur Jacobsen.

Also EB/Streymur have been hampered by injuries, but today they had all their men available again, except their most important, maybe, striker Arnbjørn Hansen. EB/Streymur opposed little threat up front during most of the match, but in the latter stages B36’s grip on the game loosened just a little bit which was enough for EB/Streymur to snatch an equalizer through Levi Hanssen in the 89th minute.

B68 Toftir - FC Suðuroy 2-0 (1-0)
1-0 Bjarki Johannesen
2-0 Kristian Anton Andreassen

Against FC Suðuroy with only 3 points and 4 scored goals in 15 matches even B68 were odds on favourites to win the game.

B68 took the lead after a quarter of an hour with a header from Bjarki Johannesen. 10 minutes from the end Kristian Anton Andreassen made the points safe for B68 with another header.

01 August
Víkingur - ÍF Fuglafjørður 1-4 (0-1)
0-1 Clayton Soares
0-2 Dánjal á Lakjuni
1-2 Hjartvard Hansen
1-3 Thomas Asmussen
1-4 Clayton Soares

With an emphatic 4-1 win over Víkingur on away soil, ÍF moved within 4 points of table toppers KÍ Klaksvík.

ÍF took the lead after 10 minutes when they countered through Dánjal á Lakjuni who found Clayton Soares who combined well with Thomas Asmussen before the Brazilian scored with a well placed shot.

After ÍF had been the better team in the first half an hour, Víkingur improved, but within two minutes of the restart, ÍF had doubled the score with a headed goal from an unmarked Dánjal á Lakjuni.

Víkingur pulled a goal back within 10 minutes through Hjartvard Hansen who scored from a rebound as goalkeeper Tórður Thomsen had saved the penalty from Hansen.

ÍF restored their two-goal cushion just after the hour-mark with a fine shot from Asmussen before Soares scored his second goal of the evening to cement the victory 17 minutes before the end of normal time.