June 23 & 24, 2012:
Round 14 of the premier league "effodeildin":

June 23

FC Suðuroy - EB/Streymur 0-2 (0-2)
0-1 Arnbjørn Hansen
0-2 Hans Pauli Samuelsen

No surprise in the clash between top and bottom this evening as EB/Streymur won 2-0 to stay clear at the top of the table – 5 points before 2nd placed Víkingur take on HB on Sunday.

EB/Streymur took the lead after 33 minutes when forward Arnbjørn Hansen was played clean on goal to score his 5th goal of the campaign.

FC Suðuroy improved a lot after the break and the difference in the table wasn´t evident on field as FC Suðuroy managed to put EB/Streymur under quite some pressure, but the two sitters they created were both wasted.

Instead it was EB/Streymur who cemented their win 12 minutes from time when Leif Niclasen played Hand Pauli Samuelsen clear for an easy finish to make it 2-0.

June 24

Víkingur - HB Tórshavn 2-2 (0-0)
0-1 Fróði Benjaminsen
1-1 Kaj Leo í Bartalsstovu
1-2 Andrew av Fløtum
2-2 Hjartvard Hansen

Víkingur were close at taking an early lead when a low cross went across the face of goal via a HB leg.

Gradually HB started taking over and had more of the finishes for most of the first half, and defender Rógvi Holm should have made one count when he was at the end of a corner midway through the half. A long range effort from Christian R. Mouritsen went narrowly over and Andrew av Fløtum’s low drive went just wide of the post.

At the other end Kaj Leo í Bartalsstovu dribbled his way into the penalty area but shot wide from a good position.

Víkingur were also just millimetres from an owngoal when left back Bárður Hansen’s back-header to his goalkeeper actually hit the post before it bounced into the hands of the keeper.

HB immediately put Víkingur under sustained pressure from the start of the second half and took the lead within four minutes from a Fróði Benjaminsen penalty which had been – rightly - rewarded for hands.

But HB were careless at the back and allowed í Bartalsstovu to get clear within four minutes, and he coolly beat goalkeeper Teitur Gestsson to restore parity.

HB regained the lead in the 63rd minute when Fróði Benjaminsen’s attempted scissors kick didn't quite connect with the ball which ended in front of Andrew av Fløtum who rifled passed Gezza Turi.

Again the lead lasted only for a few minutes - seven this time. And again HB’s defence looked questionable as Hjartvard Hansen, who had just come on, found an unmarked Sølvi Vatnhamar on the right hand side where he much too easy was allowed to enter the penalty area to shoot a diagonal shot which Gestsson could only half-save with the result that Hansen could sweep the rebound into the empty goal for the equalizer.

Both teams were eager to get the winner in the remaining 20 minutes, where HB had more of the finishes, however, and in the 85th minute Víkingur defender and captain Atli Gregersen was sent off for a second bookable offence.

Right at the death, HB though they had scored from a Rógvi Holm header from a corner, but the referee disallowed the goal however, as he deemed Holm had made some infringement in the effort. Although Holm’s effort was hard-fought, it didn’t seem illegal however.

KÍ Klaksvík - ÍF Fuglafjørður 1-0 (1-0)
1-0 Páll Klettskarð

With their 8th win in their last 9 matches KÍ Klaksvík have climbed to an incredible 2nd place in the table which is a surprise to most – except KÍ’s coach Páll Guðlaugsson who didn’t think much of so-called experts that only watch, and don’t play football themselves.

KÍ took the lead against the run of play ten minutes before the break when Andy Olsen set up Páll Klettskarð to score his 8th league goal – all of them coming in these last 9 matches.

ÍF had much of the possession in the second half, but failed to create clear-cut scoring opportunities.

B36 Tórshavn - TB Tvøroyri 2-2 (2-2)
1-0 Súni Olsen
1-1 Dan Mortensen
2-1 Símun Joensen
2-2 Bojan Timic

B36’s coach Mikkjal Thomassen admitted after today’s draw with TB that he had now given up on defending their title, and that their aim was now to qualify for a European spot next season.

It was TB who went close at taking an early lead when Gilli Sørensen hit the inside of the post, but on 25 minutes Jákup á Borg’s dummy left Súni Olsen clear to fire B36 in front.

But the visitors levelled the match on 33 minutes thanks to Dan Mortensen header following a corner.

Equality lasted for only three minutes, however, as B36 regained the lead when Símun Joensen headed home from a free kick combination.

But the lead goal again lasted for only seven minutes as Bojan Timic levelled the match on a penalty just before half time.

Maybe B36 had much of the possession in the second half, but it was TB who were closest to scoring when Timic hit the post late in the match.

Next Sunday TB visit B68 Toftir in a massive 6-point match concerning relegation. TB will have the chance to move 6 points clear of the relegation line while B68 will have the chance to be level on points with TB.

NSÍ Runavík - B68 Toftir 0-2 (0-1)
0-1 Jónleif Højgaard
0-2 Óli Olsen

The stakes were high in the relegation zone where a loss for B68 would have isolated them six points below the drop-line.

But the "if" didn't happen! – B68 started as the brighter side and took the lead after 17 minutes through Jónleif Højgaard.

NSÍ’s best effort was when Jann Martin Mortensen struck the upright ten minutes before the break.

After B68 had dominated the first 15 minutes of the second half, NSÍ improved after making some tactical changes, but they still failed to create clear-cut chances, and were mostly getting corners and free kicks.

Faroe Islands Football | Fixtures/Results | Table | Top Scorers
Soccer and Equipment home

Share this page: