June 16 & 17, 2012:
Round 13 of the premier league "effodeildin":

June 16

B36 Tórshavn - KÍ Klaksvík 2-3 (2-2)
1-0 Dánjal Rói Olsen
1-1 Álvur F. Christiansen
2-1 Atli Danielsen
2-2 Heðin á Lakjuni
2-3 Kristoffur Jakobsen

KÍ Klaksvík clinched the victory in the last minute of normal time to move within 3 points of leaders EB/Streymur (who later on Saturday lost to Víkingur) with their sixt win in their last seven matches.

B36 took the lead in the 17th minute when Dánjal Rói Olsen headed home from Súni Olsen’s free kick.

KÍ drew level on the half-hour when B36 goalkeeper Meinhardt Joensen misjudged a shot, that probably was a cross, from Heðin á Lakjuni.

Although the celebration had the usual length, the joy for KÍ lasted less than three minutes as B36 regained the lead when a completely unmarked Atli Danielsen slotted in from close range from a corner.

However, the joy was back for KÍ when the levelled the match again in the 40th minute with a cracking goal from Álvur F. Christiansen who elegantly with his chest had taken down the long pass from Hjalgrím Elttør before he fired the ball into the back of the net.

B36 dominated most of the second half, but in the last minute of added time KÍ countered through Kristoffur Jakobsen who combined with Hjalgrím Elttør to get clear to clinch a dramatic late winner.

EB/Streymur - Víkingur 0-1 (0-1)
0-1 Bárður J. Hansen

It was right back Bárður J. Hansen's intended cross after five minutes that floated over the pack, goalkeeper included, and ended up in the goal to give Víkingur the opening goal which proved to be enough for the victory.

And it was a well deserved victory as it was Víkingur that dominated proceedings in both halves and only a number of saves from EB/Streymur goalkeeper René Tórgarð kept his side in the game. - And twice he was helped by the woodwork.

It was a vital win for Víkingur who would have dropped 8 points behind EB/Streymur had they lost. With the win they instead cut the gap to only 2 points - and kept the league alive as a whole, really.

This was EB/Streymur's first home defeat since their 1-0 defeat to HB Tórshavn 2 May 2010.

June 17

HB Tórshavn - FC Suðuroy 6-0 (1-0)
1-0 Símun Samuelsen
2-0 Símun Samuelsen
3-0 Tróndur Jensen
4-0 Fróði Benjaminsen (pen)
5-0 Símun Samuelsen
6-0 Hendrik Rubeksen

HB took control of the game from the kick off and more or less occupied the FC Suðuroy half, but it wasn’t until midway through the first half that the dominance paid dividend when a fine pass from Christian R. Mouritsen found a clear Símun Samuelsen who chested the ball down, and clear with the FC Suðuroy goalkeeper Stanislav Kuzma, Samuelsen made no mistake.

But actually FC Suðuroy could have taken the lead some minutes before on a fine counterattack where Jón Krosslá Poulsen found John T. Poulsen on the edge of the penalty area who had a free sight of goal, but the shot was blocked by Tróndur Jensen for a corner.

Although HB continued to dominate, they failed to score again in the first half and FC Suðuroy should actually have grabbed an equalizer when they had done all the hard work when Palli Augustinussen played John T. Poulsen clear to score, but according to the referee the timing of the pass was wrong and deemed to be offside. Also Jón Krosslá Poulsen had a fine opportunity from inside the penalty area, but HB goalkeeper Teitur Gestsson dived to divert the ball around the post.

The second half was an extremely one-sided affair where HB probably had 90+ % of the possession, and a couple of minutes before the hour-mark Símun Samuelsen made it 2-0 when he received the ball on the edge of the goal area where he made a simple stop feint to wrong-foot two defenders before he placed the ball into the back of the net.

With 11 minutes left, Tróndur Jensen made it 3-0 with a magnificent dipping long range effort into the top corner.

A couple of minutes later, Fróði Benjaminsen made it 4-0 from the penalty spot, and in the 90th minute Samuelsen completed his hat trick with a flat resolute shot into the far corner.

FC Suðuroy was close to a late consolation in injury time but Gestsson save well from the clear FC Suðuroy forward. Instead Hendrik Rubeksen got clear at the other end to end the 6-0 rout with an easy finish.

It’s a long time since such a weak team as FC Suðuroy has visited Gundadalur, and there is just absolutely no way that they are going to avoid relegation.

Although winning 6-0 today, HB will have to up there performance considerably if they are to stand any chance away to Víkingur next Sunday.

ÍF Fuglafjørður - B68 Toftir 2-0 (1-0)
1-0 Dánjal á Lakjuni
2-0 Dánjal á Lakjuni

As mentioned above, B68 are in deep trouble as they after today’s 2-0 defeat have dropped 3 points below the relegation line.

ÍF was the much better team in the first half and took the lead after 20 minutes when Dane Simon Skibsted set up Dánjal á Lakjuni to make the tap in.

B68 improved in the second half and Christian Høgni Jacobsen had an effort on the post within five minutes.

However, ÍF cemented their win with another goal from Dánjal á Lakjuni with less than 15 minutes remaining of the match.

TB Tvøroyri - NSÍ Runavík 1-3 (1-1)
0-1 Klæmint Olsen
1-1 Gilli Sørensen
1-2 Klæmint Olsen
1-3 Magnus Olsen

TB could almost have booked their place in next year’s topflight had they beaten NSÍ today as they thereby would have climbed 8 points above the relegation line. But that’s hypothetical now as it was NSÍ who won and bagged 3 massive points to climb 3 points above B68 Tofir in 9th place (which means relegation).

NSÍ took the lead through Klæmint Olsen in the 39th minute, but Gilli Sørensen restored parity within three minutes.

Midway through the second half, NSÍ decided the match with two goals in two minutes. Klæmint Olsen made it 2-1 and Magnus Olsen made it 3-1.

Next Sunday NSÍ take on B68 Tofir and will have the chance to increase the gap on them to 6 points.

Faroe Islands Football | Fixtures/Results | Table | Top Scorers
Soccer and Equipment home

Share this page: