June 13, 2012:
Round 12 of the premier league "effodeildin":

B36 Tórshavn - HB Tórshavn 1-0 (0-0)
1-0 Dánjal Rói Olsen

One of the smallest crowds in recent memory for the Tórshavn derby – which lost the competition against Germany V. Holland who played at the same time – witnessed a first half which was an even affair where much of the play was between the two penalty areas, and not so often inside it, and few scoring opportunities were created.

- A free kick from HB which the B36 goalkeeper Meinhardt Joensen didn’t collect too comfortable and an attempt from Lukasz Cieslewicz who turned and fired from an acute angle which HB goalkeeper Teitur Gestsson blocked to a corner, was about it.

But the second half was a bit livelier, especially from B36 who so nearly took the lead in the first minute after the interval when Róaldur Jacobsen inside the penalty area hit the back of a defender, when he was in a favourable position to score.

Apart from a powerful shot that was saved on the line, HB rarely threatened. And their attacking play has been a bit doll in their last couple of games where Andrew av Fløtum and Símun Samuelsen have been quite anonymous.

B36’s attack appeared to be much sharper and they looked much more capable of scoring than HB, and as they were getting closer and closer, it looked like a question of time until they would score.

And after 64 minutes centre forward Dánjal Rói Olsen was played completely clear in the penalty area and finished between the legs of the goalkeeper to give B36 the lead. HB protested heavily as they claimed it had been off side, but the referee strongly turned down the appeals.

Except from about 10 minutes where HB had the possession, they had no real respond and never managed to test the B36 goalkeeper.

At the other end B36 were close with free kicks twice, but Gestsson saved well from Súni Olsen and Róaldur Jacobsen.

In the dying minutes HB had both Hallur Hansson and Rógvi Holm – both of them x-Aberdeen youth-players – sent off after collecting their second yellow card.

HB and B36 are now equal with 18 points, but a massive 9 points adrift of leaders EB/Streymur who seems to be running away with it…

EB/Streymur - ÍF Fuglafjørður 2-1 (0-0)
1-0 Levi Hanssen
2-0 Gert Hansen
2-1 Owngoal

EB/Streymur beat ÍF to take full advantage of second place Víkingur’s slip-up against NSÍ Runavík. EB/Streymur are now 5 points clear of the Víkingur in second place, and although we’ve not reached the half-way stage yet, it’s difficult to see who can stop EB/Streymur now. Other teams just don’t have their stability.

In today’s match the deadlock was finally broken after 70 minutes when Levi Hanssen was played clear for an easy finish to put EB/Streymur in front.

ÍF had a glorious opportunity to level the match a few minutes later when they were awarded a penalty, but Bartal Eliasen missed from the spot (come on, the statistics are getting ridicules!).

Instead it was Gert Hansen who doubled EB/Streymur’s lead on 80 minutes.

ÍF brought some excitement back into the game when they pulled a goal back in the 90th minute where Levi Hanssen was credited for an owngoal, but EB/Streymur just managed to hold on to their win.

Víkingur - NSÍ Runavík 1-1 (0-1)
0-1 Jann Martin Mortensen
1-1 Fritleif í Lambanum

Víkingur, who were leading the table by 4 points after round 7, have with today’s draw only earned 3 points in their 5 matches since and have now dropped 5 points below leaders EB/Streymur.

The visitors took the lead in the 33rd minute when Jann Martin Mortensen scored on a rebound from Víkingur goalkeeper Gezza Turi after the initial shot from Ari Ellingsgaard.

Víkingur had an effort on the post before they managed to equalize five minutes after the break with a header from Fritleif í Lambanum.

For NSÍ they point means that they climb just above the relegation line, but they only lead B68 in 9th place by goal difference.

(The match was played in Gøta, after Víkingur for several weeks have played their home matches in neighboring town Fuglafjørður because the artificial surface in Gøta has been replaced to a new one).

KÍ Klaksvík - B68 Toftir 3-0 (2-0)
1-0 Páll Klettskarð
2-0 Heðin á Lakjuni
3-0 Páll Klettskarð

KÍ won their 5th match from their last 6 to climb to an impressive 3rd spot in the table.

Páll Klettskarð scored another brace today – his 3rd of the kind this season – as he made it 1-0 after some 30 minutes and made it 3-0 ten minutes after the break.

In between veteran Heðin á Lakjuni made it 2-0 on the stroke of half time.

TB Tvøroyri - FC Suðuroy 3-0 (1-0)
1-0 Bojan Timic (pen)
2-0 Dmitrije Jankovic
3-0 Poul Ingason

TB bagged 3 important points which keep them 5 points clear of the relegation line as they easily beat almost-already-relegated FC Suðuroy.

The Serb Bojan Timic started the scoring with a penalty after 32 minutes before his compatriot Dmitrije Jankovic doubled the lead in the 10 minutes through the second half on a header from a free kick.

Poul Ingason made it 3-0 towards the end.

Faroe Islands Football | Fixtures/Results | Table | Top Scorers
Soccer and Equipment home

Share this page: